Weather leaves cold lesson: Be prepared

Weather leaves cold lesson: Be prepared

There are 8 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 11, 2011, titled Weather leaves cold lesson: Be prepared. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Fire Department Chief Otto Drozd III packed away his battery-operated lanterns when he moved to El Paso from hurricane-prone Florida in 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

im not a plumber

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 12, 2011
the ep fitness on ressler in front of FHS still doesn't have working water fountains! all the money being paid by its customers and they can't get it fix?? ridiculous.. no wonder they lowered their prices from about $40 to $10 per month.. too much competition when other gyms don't require down payment and charge only $10/mo. fix those water fountains! don't be stingy!
hardly surprised by this

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 12, 2011
im not a plumber wrote:
the ep fitness on ressler in front of FHS still doesn't have working water fountains! all the money being paid by its customers and they can't get it fix?? ridiculous.. no wonder they lowered their prices from about $40 to $10 per month.. too much competition when other gyms don't require down payment and charge only $10/mo. fix those water fountains! don't be stingy!
You are the unprepared idiot whom this article is trying to educate! Seriously, with thousands of El Pasoans facing expensive plumbing repairs, who cares about the water fountains at your GYM?!?! You are probably one of the morons who called 911 when your pipes froze.
Reality

United States

#3 Feb 12, 2011
The reality is that nobody BELIEVE it was going to get cold, then why should it we live in the desert right? We are not setup in this city for freezing winter, we are NOT.

We can do the blame game with law suits and point fingers, but the truth of the matter, nobody was prepared. And straight forward, nobody believe it would freeze this bad.

A lesson to all, be prepared and stop complaining.:-)
WOW

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2011
im not a plumber wrote:
Dude, get a life! Its just a fountain. You assume to much without knowing the facts about the fountain. Maybe is broken? Maybe its frozen solid?....etc....etc..etc.

Best thing bring your bottle water and stop complaining!
Lisa

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 12, 2011
I'm prepared for next winter already. I've thrown away my thong underwear, which was of no use in keeping my buns warm. I've also added three blankets to my bed because I sleep nude and refuse to put on flannel pajamas. Lastly, I've stocked up on baby oil which can be heated and rubbed all over the body to warm and comfort my nubile flesh. I was told to invest in the oil which gets hot when you blow on it but I don't have time for all that nonsense.
el mugroso

El Paso, TX

#6 Feb 12, 2011
'have plenty of extra cash'? ha ha ha
Juan Omar Aguirre Jr

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 13, 2011
FINALLY el paso residents are finaly getting the message of getting prepaired and it took a winter storm to get them off their collective lazy buts and actually getting them to get prepaired and a few people like me laugh at them for being stupid and we have the supplies that we need to survive in place and keep ourselves entertained and those who dont are paying the price which they deserve to because they took prepairdness as a joke? well jokes on them for not taking this serously. its been almost ten years since 9/11, six years since storm 2006 and two years i believe that we had tornados in this region which THAN GOD THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST THAT THEY WENT INTO THE DESERT INSTEAD OF HITING DYER STREET WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN DISASTEROUS FOR EL PASO.but to make a long story short WAKE UP EL PASO AND GET PREPAIRED BECAUSE NEXT TIME IT COULD HAPPEN AND ALL YOU LAZY PEOPLE WONT HAVE TIME TO GET SUPPLIES AND IT WILL BE TO LATE AND YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOUR SELVES AND OUR LEADERS ARE TO BUSY WORRYING ABOUT JURAREZ AND AMOR POR STUPID LAZY JUAREZ LETS WORRY ABOUT EL PASO FOR A CHANGE ANY VOLUNTEERS?
Judy

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2011
Lisa wrote:
I'm prepared for next winter already. I've thrown away my thong underwear, which was of no use in keeping my buns warm. I've also added three blankets to my bed because I sleep nude and refuse to put on flannel pajamas. Lastly, I've stocked up on baby oil which can be heated and rubbed all over the body to warm and comfort my nubile flesh. I was told to invest in the oil which gets hot when you blow on it but I don't have time for all that nonsense.
Best wishes to you on staying warm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EXCLUSIVE: More ammo for Trump: How housing an ... Jul 16 wild child 1
News Antonio Elrod, 19, Arrested On Child Molestatio... Jul '15 investigator 2
News San Antonio GOP to consider whether non-discrim... (Dec '14) Dec '14 NorCal Native 2
News Chan challenges Campbell in SD25 (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 1
News Babies In The Womb Affected By Pesticides In Th... (Jul '12) Sep '13 James 22
News Estrogen Pills Can Benefit Women With Metastati... (Dec '08) Sep '13 Wesley 2
News It's time to outlaw hate speech. (Sep '13) Sep '13 snidley whiplash 3
More from around the web