Lights ... camera ... more filming action in Lowell

Full story: Lowell Sun 16
Hollywood is returning to Lowell this week. A crew from CBS TV Studios is expected to be in the city Thursday to film scenes for the pilot of Quinn-tuplets, a drama slated for this fall that centers around the lives of the fictional Quinn quintuplets. Full Story
Chaz

Natick, MA

#1 Mar 24, 2010
They should film on Appleton St
Mamerica

Wilmington, MA

#3 Mar 24, 2010
HungLow wrote:
I hope they can keep the Wackey Asians away.
You must be white trash, right? Moron.
Mikunt

Lowell, MA

#4 Mar 24, 2010
I hope the junkies get into a scene or too!!!!
walt n lasvegas nv

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Mar 25, 2010
lowell is a great city to make movies in.good luck lowell.way not shoot a movie on appleton st its all real right.
Moron

Springfield, MA

#6 Mar 25, 2010
Mikunt wrote:
I hope the junkies get into a scene or too!!!!
"a scene or TWO,(NOT TOO). Learn how to spell before you try to belittle others. IDIOT
Hawkeye

Lexington, MA

#7 Mar 25, 2010
" wow"! " what action!! those bullet holes look real" " and great sound effects"!!

Duck dummy ! those bullets are real, it's just another DRIVEBY"
disgustipated

Gardner, MA

#8 Mar 25, 2010
Moron wrote:
<quoted text>"a scene or TWO,(NOT TOO). Learn how to spell before you try to belittle others. IDIOT
Kudos to you for defending the junky population. You must do a lot of charity work on Appleton st.
Arte

Cambridge, MA

#10 Mar 25, 2010
I was wondering why they have been cleaning up the front of that dump.
Franko

Long Island City, NY

#11 Mar 25, 2010
maybe they can start filming 12 jump st soon,
Dan

Lowell, MA

#13 Mar 25, 2010
Franko it's 21 Jump Street and to all you other haters, Lowell isn't a bad place at all. IT gets a bad rep because ignorant people like you stereotype the city.
Joe Mamma

Merrimac, MA

#15 Mar 25, 2010
if you want to see a good movie in lowell go to towers news it only cost $1.00 wow what a show & its a cheap night out .
Chris

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Mar 26, 2010
Dan wrote:
Franko it's 21 Jump Street and to all you other haters, Lowell isn't a bad place at all. IT gets a bad rep because ignorant people like you stereotype the city.
I don't quite understand the defensive nature of your comment. So I'm guessing here, but you think that Lowell is, and has been, going in the right direction as a... ahh... nice place? I've lived around here for 30+ years and I can tell you my opinion is that Lowell is not as nice as you would like people to believe. I'm not trying to bash Lowell here, but I'm not drinking the cool-aid you're selling here either. There are nice parts and bad parts of every town or city I guess.
Surrounded by idiots

Peninsula, OH

#17 Mar 26, 2010
I just watched "Invention of Lying" just to see if I could really point out any of the places the scenes were from. I was truly amazed at what they can do with a "filtered" camera lens. There's a point in the movie when they are filming on the Bridge St. Bridge and I can not for the life of me figure out how they got the mill building to look so good! It looked as though it was completely redone all the why to the next bridge. So the next morning on my way over the bridge I made a point to look and see - nope it was a trick the building is still burnt and looks like crap! HOW DO THEY DO THAT?
There are MANY other scenes where you wonder how did they make our Lowell streets look so good and where do they get the special lighting for that? Can we have it installed permanently?

By the way, Kudos to the crazy guy screaming on the sidewalk on Central St. I'm so glad they included you in the movie.
happymadison

Lawrence, MA

#18 Mar 26, 2010
Lowell is a city, and like most cities, it has its issues but people here like to says it's this and that and compare it to the surrounding towns. You cannot compare the suburbs to a city. You can compare cities and how some have tried to reinvent themselves and for this you should compare the City of Lawrence with Lowell. Go and see Lawrence. It is about seven square miles and you should drive around and see this city with your own eyes. It is an eye opener. Then come back to Lowell and you will appreciate what Lowell is and how far it has come.
Chaz

Natick, MA

#19 Mar 26, 2010
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't quite understand the defensive nature of your comment. So I'm guessing here, but you think that Lowell is, and has been, going in the right direction as a... ahh... nice place? I've lived around here for 30+ years and I can tell you my opinion is that Lowell is not as nice as you would like people to believe. I'm not trying to bash Lowell here, but I'm not drinking the cool-aid you're selling here either. There are nice parts and bad parts of every town or city I guess.
Ha ha...I know...right?!?! My favorite was the views of the Rourke Bridge. The place is an eyesore and yet in the movie it looked so pretty in the distance crossing the river with the river walk going along the boulevard. Now I am starting to question everything I see in the movies. I have my doubts that the wine country filmed in the movie Sideways doesn't actually look like the Bronx in real life.
born in the bronx

Boston, MA

#20 Mar 26, 2010
Chaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha...I know...right?!?! My favorite was the views of the Rourke Bridge. The place is an eyesore and yet in the movie it looked so pretty in the distance crossing the river with the river walk going along the boulevard. Now I am starting to question everything I see in the movies. I have my doubts that the wine country filmed in the movie Sideways doesn't actually look like the Bronx in real life.
LOL you've never actually been to the Bronx then i take it. I must of missed the parts in Sideways where Santa Barbara had cars sitting in the streets on fire, no trees, graffiti covering every surface and transients picking cans out of the trash while eating someones leftover food. LMFA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anna Chlumsky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anna Chlumsky and Shaun So: Engaged (Oct '07) Apr '13 Universalism 15
My Girl (Aug '08) Sep '11 trang 2
Anna Chlumsky's My Girl blessing (Apr '09) Apr '09 Madrid 1
Anna Chlumsky (Feb '08) Feb '08 Tina 1
More from around the web