Infamous mob murder site now a Starbucks -

Full story: Newsday

The barista stood stock still, her cold eyes glistening off the cool metal of the espresso machine.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Oct 26, 2007
HITMAN

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

WHO CARES
CBunny

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

I think that's kind of cool to know about. I mean, I wouldn't make a special trip THERE to see the place, but it was interesting reading about it. What's wrong with these people? They don't like to know a little history? That little barista needs a smack right in her fresh face. Typical Starbucks server -- little snot dishing out that burnt crap coffee at $7 a pop.
Squelers

Dunedin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

While watching tv and seeing arnold schuster being interviewed by reporters ralative to him turning in willie sutton; he said " i hate squelers" kill him. SHUSTERS BULLET RIDDLED BODY WAS FOUND IN THE STREET AFTER RETURNING HOME FROM HIS SHOE SALESMAN JOB. tHUS THE PUBLIC'S FEAR OF MOB RETALIATION ETC.
Gary at Work

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

"You think people care?" says one barista, out on a smoke break and checking her Sidekick, and who, as per company policy, would not give her name. "That was 50 years ago. Trust me. They just want their coffee and they want to get on their way."

Of course they don't care.

This is a Starbucks... where superficial dullards willing to pay a Ridiculous amount of money for a cup of cofee can be found.
If you asked someone in a cool, privately owned coffee shop, they may actually be more interested in what's going on in the world other than in their cell-phone screen.
The Truth

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

"and before anyone knew what was happened,"

The reporter is an idiot for not knowing how to write a proper sentence. Newsday is an even bigger idiot for hiring him.
Gene

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Did you know;
He was grandfather to rosanna scotto of channel 5 news.
Hidalgot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

The massage murder scene in the Godfather II movie was the murder of Mo Green. Mo Green was probably playing Bugsy Siegel. Siegel was shot through his eye in his home in California. Mo Green was shot through his eye in the film while having a massage.

Bugsy Siegel and Meyer Lansky grew up together and worked together as gangsters.

Lee Strasberg played Meyer Lansky in the movie Godfather II. Strasberg was born in Ukraine in 1901. I do not know where Meyer Lansky was born.

"Michael, we're bigger than US Steel."

Frank Sinatra used to sing songs about coffee from Brazil.

I think StarBucks is aptly named if Star is code for foolishly spent.
gino

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

meyer lansky did not sell coffee and was a gentleman. starbucks sell inferior coffee and dunkin donuts coffee is superior. chumps that buy starbucks coffee got two dollars over their lunch money and don't know do do.
Martini

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

So, bunch of yuppies and yuppie wannabees drinking that crap at Starpukes where a mob hit happened.
Thousands of people walk down 46th street everyday right over the very sidewalk where Gotti whacked Big Paulie.
Sonny Corleone

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Whadda ya think this is the army where you shoot a guy from a mile away? You gotta get up close like this (puts gun behind micheals ear)Badda beep ,badda boop, badda bang you blow his brains all over your new Ivy league suit!!!
"You live by the gun , you die by the gun" !
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Judged:

If the Starbucks company really wanted to cash in they'd advertse the murder scene, and inside the store draw a chalk outline on the floor, and rope it off. Then they could say, " Yup, it happened right there! Great Huh ?" that'd attract the out-o-town rubes, the local versions already go there for coffee.

Incidentally, Dunkin Donuts is the largest seller of coffee in the country not Starbucks. Sorry, them's the facts !
Billy Joel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

"The Mafia took over Mexico"
Hidalgot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

HITMAN wrote:
WHO CARES
This comment shows wisdom and intelligence.
It can also stand up in eternity.

BRAVO
holy moly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

And we all ring our hands and cluck our tongues over the hip-hop shootouts --- what's the difference?

Twenty years from now that will be the new version of "The Sopranos" on HBO...

If there still is an HBO....
CBunny

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Gary at Work wrote:
"You think people care?" says one barista, out on a smoke break and checking her Sidekick, and who, as per company policy, would not give her name. "That was 50 years ago. Trust me. They just want their coffee and they want to get on their way."
Of course they don't care.
This is a Starbucks... where superficial dullards willing to pay a Ridiculous amount of money for a cup of cofee can be found.
If you asked someone in a cool, privately owned coffee shop, they may actually be more interested in what's going on in the world other than in their cell-phone screen.
Here, here!!!
CBunny

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Judged:

Ed Burke wrote:
If the Starbucks company really wanted to cash in they'd advertse the murder scene, and inside the store draw a chalk outline on the floor, and rope it off. Then they could say, " Yup, it happened right there! Great Huh ?" that'd attract the out-o-town rubes, the local versions already go there for coffee.
Incidentally, Dunkin Donuts is the largest seller of coffee in the country not Starbucks. Sorry, them's the facts !
I call it Star Blechs.

Dunkin Donuts coffee ROCKS!!! And another great one that you can get up north is Tim Horton's coffee.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

CBunny wrote:
<quoted text>
I call it Star Blechs.
Dunkin Donuts coffee ROCKS!!! And another great one that you can get up north is Tim Horton's coffee.
Don't look now but Starbucks is trying to buy out Tim Horton's in Canada. If you like overpriced really bitter coffee Starbucks is your ideal. My only complaint about Dunkin' Donuts is the coffee is too weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anastasia Discussions

Search the Anastasia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Grisly, gory streets of Old New York - (Oct '07) Oct '07 ellie 8
50 years later, mob murder site now a Starbucks... (Oct '07) Oct '07 the beav 3
Recalling the 1957 mob hit on Albert Anastasia - (Oct '07) Oct '07 Henry Hill 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••