Palin smiles as SNL mocks her anew

Palin smiles as SNL mocks her anew

There are 29 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Oct 18, 2008, titled Palin smiles as SNL mocks her anew. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

After watching "Saturday Night Live" make fun of her from afar, Sarah Palin witnessed it first hand this week as Tina Fey engaged in fiction by depicting her at the news conference the Republican vice ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Diane

San Rafael, CA

#21 Oct 19, 2008
holy cow wrote:
"diane",look, this thread is about snl and sarah palin.....
I disagree that my comments are off-topic. My Comments are - where's the beef on Palin? Serious issues and we get SNL...
holy cow

Savannah, GA

#22 Oct 19, 2008
"diane".....are ya maybe using the same tactics those on the "other side" might be usin' that ya say ya "HATE" so much?......ya know, the mean, nasty and hateful things?...good God woman, the press have been through the woman's (gov. palin's)trash....don't cha think if there was ANYTHING to your "story", at the very least, sen. obama's national campain headquarters at nbc, cbs, abc and msnbc would be RUNNING IT INTO THE GROUND?.........by-the-by, "where's the beef?" in sen. obama?.....i don't want to hear why i should vote AGAINST someone...i wanna know whay i should vote FOR someone.....God bless ya!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#23 Oct 19, 2008
Diane wrote:
Vogler looked for a sponsor in order to speak before the U.N. General Assembly on Alaska independence. Iran was more than happy to oblige.
Weeks before he was to fly to New York City, friends found his cabin empty on Memorial Day, 1993.
Sorry, I was off by a year on his murder date - but all of this is tied together, regardless..
tied together by whom, and how does it connect to SNL, Obama or Democrats?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#24 Oct 19, 2008
Diane wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that my comments are off-topic. My Comments are - where's the beef on Palin? Serious issues and we get SNL...
comedy mimics life

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/...

I don't care who you are that is funny and true!

I have some very serious Palin info, somewhere here. I'll try to find it and get back to you.
Bob

Woodbury, CT

#25 Oct 19, 2008
Diane wrote:
Vogler looked for a sponsor in order to speak before the U.N. General Assembly on Alaska independence. Iran was more than happy to oblige.
Weeks before he was to fly to New York City, friends found his cabin empty on Memorial Day, 1993.
Sorry, I was off by a year on his murder date - but all of this is tied together, regardless..
To Diane from the left coast - Your hatred and paranoia are consuming you and many others who post here. It is one thing to have an opinion about political issues, it is another to buy into the wacked out conspiracy theories circulated by those with nothing but blind ambition for power and influence. Do you really believe these people give a hoot about you? You are nothing but a stepping stone in their quest to install a socialist system where they of course will become the powerful elite, with the rest of us are relegated to the status of the downtrodden masses. Remember the pigs in "Animal Farm?"

All the change to socialism does is ruin the lives of several generations of the majority of the people not lucky enough to fall into the class of the elite. Eventually socialism falls under the weight of the hopelessness and despair which it generates and the ultimate anger of the people which it betrays with false promises.

And I thought Alec Baldwin was one of those lib celebrities who was going to leave the country if Bush got elected. Did a single one of them actually do it? I wouldn't mind being rid of them.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#26 Oct 19, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
To Diane from the left coast - Your hatred and paranoia are consuming you and many others who post here. It is one thing to have an opinion about political issues, it is another to buy into the wacked out conspiracy theories circulated by those with nothing but blind ambition for power and influence. Do you really believe these people give a hoot about you? You are nothing but a stepping stone in their quest to install a socialist system where they of course will become the powerful elite, with the rest of us are relegated to the status of the downtrodden masses. Remember the pigs in "Animal Farm?"
All the change to socialism does is ruin the lives of several generations of the majority of the people not lucky enough to fall into the class of the elite. Eventually socialism falls under the weight of the hopelessness and despair which it generates and the ultimate anger of the people which it betrays with false promises.
And I thought Alec Baldwin was one of those lib celebrities who was going to leave the country if Bush got elected. Did a single one of them actually do it? I wouldn't mind being rid of them.
shhh, Bob, don't tell anyone, but George, you know, G W Bush? He instituted the largest policies that follow fascism in America in history.In every way imaginable. Other than socialize things like medical care for all. That would be too costly for his buddies. We know fascism is muuuuuch better for the masses than socialism. Socialism gives people a voice. In fascism, the leaders of the country and the corporations make all the decisions for the masses.Good thing we have old crazy George in power.

Hey, have you heard when he is going to institute martial law? That is the most important step. I can't wait!!!
Bob

Woodbury, CT

#27 Oct 19, 2008
ucantbsrius wrote:
<quoted text>shhh, Bob, don't tell anyone, but George, you know, G W Bush? He instituted the largest policies that follow fascism in America in history.In every way imaginable. Other than socialize things like medical care for all. That would be too costly for his buddies. We know fascism is muuuuuch better for the masses than socialism. Socialism gives people a voice. In fascism, the leaders of the country and the corporations make all the decisions for the masses.Good thing we have old crazy George in power.
Hey, have you heard when he is going to institute martial law? That is the most important step. I can't wait!!!
The Brits tried socialist medical care, and they ended up with a two-tier system. The corporate execs get to use a private system paid for by their employers while the working class deals with a hopelessly bureaucratic government run system staffed by less qualified people willing to accept the government controlled wage system. You yourself list your location as in British Columbia. How come so many well-off Canadians are pouring over the boarder into the northern U.S. to obtain health care which is significantly delayed or denied by your government run system? Answer - Because the government doesn't do things better.

Your warriors, Obama, Pelosi and Reed, are not fighting the war on terrorism, they are fighting the war on American business. Tax this, mandate that, play Robin Hood. That is their mantra which proclaims that they will deliver utopia to the masses. Unfortunately, a utopian society is made impossible by the corrupting nature of the very power necessary to create it.

How about your Mr. Dodd, who was too busy trying to make himself king to excercise his responsibilities as Banking Chairman to take actions which may have mitigated our financial crisis. Oh, that's right - he was on line right behind Obama taking money from Fannie and Freddie and who knows how many other of the special interests who were lining his pockets.

So you think your socialist buddies are here to make your life better? Sit back on your butt and wait for Robin Hood Obama to take your bosses money and give it to you? And what happens when your boss comes and says - Sorry Mr. Ucantbsrius, but my taxes have gone up so I need to cut my other costs, so I must eliminate your job?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#28 Oct 19, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Brits tried socialist medical care, and they ended up with a two-tier system. The corporate execs get to use a private system paid for by their employers while the working class deals with a hopelessly bureaucratic government run system staffed by less qualified people willing to accept the government controlled wage system. You yourself list your location as in British Columbia. How come so many well-off Canadians are pouring over the boarder into the northern U.S. to obtain health care which is significantly delayed or denied by your government run system? Answer - Because the government doesn't do things better.
Your warriors, Obama, Pelosi and Reed, are not fighting the war on terrorism, they are fighting the war on American business. Tax this, mandate that, play Robin Hood. That is their mantra which proclaims that they will deliver utopia to the masses. Unfortunately, a utopian society is made impossible by the corrupting nature of the very power necessary to create it.
How about your Mr. Dodd, who was too busy trying to make himself king to excercise his responsibilities as Banking Chairman to take actions which may have mitigated our financial crisis. Oh, that's right - he was on line right behind Obama taking money from Fannie and Freddie and who knows how many other of the special interests who were lining his pockets.
So you think your socialist buddies are here to make your life better? Sit back on your butt and wait for Robin Hood Obama to take your bosses money and give it to you? And what happens when your boss comes and says - Sorry Mr. Ucantbsrius, but my taxes have gone up so I need to cut my other costs, so I must eliminate your job?
You are sorely misinformed. It is old propaganda and most people are better educated.
The problem with GOPBots like you is you really believe the projection crap they feed you. Who passed the right to work laws in the states? Republicans. I don't need handouts.Although I am losing some money in the market right now I am pretty well set thanks. I believe everyone should have an opportunity to pull themselves up and get on the train to stability. Some need education ome need a little help with the details. The trickle down economy has proved itself a wash. It doesn't work, never has. It relies on the top passing down and not just consuming on a huge scale.

The Republicans and K street destroyed this country. Bush and his friends and the," I can't be broke I still have checks left." attitude did America in.
Obama doesn't owe lobbyists. They didn't fund his campaign. The American people funded Obama's campaign. I know you probably deny the amount of money and where he got it. But the truth is the truth. It is verifiable and must scare you to death. That your hateful elitist beliefs are going in the shredder for awhile and people will work together like they have in the past to make things right.
I am hopeful a democratic super majority will seek redress for all those horrific decisions made by the overreaching Bush Administration. If there is some justice done, then people who lost family, treasure and dignity will have some feeling justice has been served and move forward.
I am hopeful the world will see America as is has in the past. A place where justice prevails, and the common man has security in his home from the Government.
I am hopeful the control of big business is over, again.
I am hopeful the American public will see a reason to take risk, go into business, because there is a well maintained infrastructure that gives people security in the marketplaces ability to prosper.

I believe America will return to it's place in the world as a beacon of hope.

B.C. is my home. Not my location.My wife is American and my kids are Canadian-Americans. They have dual citizenship, they are real hyphenated Americans. Given to them by my country, they were born in the USA.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#29 Oct 19, 2008
oops I think a double post is going to show up. sorry in advance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amy Poehler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our favorite 'SNL' moments of the season (May '09) Oct '16 leggings 24
News Are female comics as funny as men? Great answer... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANE 1
News 'SNL' recap: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler back as Sar... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
SISTERS video review (Jan '16) Jan '16 amypplofsistin 1
News Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return to SNL as hosts (Dec '15) Dec '15 Rick Santpornum 21
News 2008's Sarah Palin Meets 2015's Hillary Clinton... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News 'SNL' Spoofs Trump, GOP Candidates in Debate Sk... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Whiny1 2
More from around the web