Tina Fey out-Palined Sarah Palin on '...

Tina Fey out-Palined Sarah Palin on 'SNL'

There are 21 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Tina Fey out-Palined Sarah Palin on 'SNL'. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

" Saturday Night Live " opened its 34th season Saturday, and as expected, Tina Fey appeared as Alaska Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul

Richmond, VA

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Tina Fey was the best part of the show, but Phelps wasn't that great and I don't have much hope for James Franco on Saturday.
Josh

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Sep 15, 2008
While I watched almost none of the show, I thought the opinion from Cathy was one of the funniest thing that's been on SNL in years. I mean have you read that comic strip? It needed to be mocked.
Delivery Guy

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 15, 2008
Also agree that the bit mocking the "Cathy" comic strip -- one of the absolute WORST to ever appear in print -- was hysterical: ACK!! Sweat drops, sweat drops!!

Laughed until I cried!
Dave

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2008
Josh wrote:
While I watched almost none of the show, I thought the opinion from Cathy was one of the funniest thing that's been on SNL in years. I mean have you read that comic strip? It needed to be mocked.
"Funniest thing in years",,ain't saying much, ha. Hopefully they can get into a streak like they had in the 90's w/ Farley, Sandler, Hartman, Rock, etc. etc, it was actually a funny show back then.
PJ Macintosh

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 15, 2008
I thought the show was good, not great. You asked why they repeated the Manning skit from a while back. Because it worked. It worked again, but not as good as the first time. We keep watching week after week - good or bad - and we still love it.
Shayla

Concord, NC

#8 Sep 15, 2008
Hilarious!!!!!!
Logan Square

Palatine, IL

#9 Sep 15, 2008
Michael Phelps "performance" (if you can call it that) was definately one of the Worst I've ever seen in about 25 years of watching SNL. Get back in the pool where you belong dude...
No it all

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 15, 2008
Tina Fey for President.
Amanda

Hammond, LA

#12 Sep 15, 2008
Another thing that didn't work was the fact that Fey said something like about 2 years ago, Palin was a mayor of Wasilla well actually, she used the term "crystal-meth capitol of the Alaska," (I don't understand that one), but actually, 2 years ago she was running for governor. Her term ended in 2001 as mayor of Wasilla and after that she ran for Luitenant Governor and lost and then became the Commissioner of the Oil and Gas something and then became Governor.
resident

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 15, 2008
SNL should spend a couple hundred dollars and make Amy look like Hillary. Wrong hairstyle, wrong makeup, wrong pantsuit. The chintziness of the "impression" distracts from the comedy.
Springfield

Springfield, IL

#15 Sep 15, 2008
Amanda please, facts have nothing to do with SNL. This is not supposed to be factual or accurate in any way for heaven's sake. Very much like the Obama campaign and the liberal Hollywood crowd, fantasy sells & truth's hurt. I won't be spending any of my money though on any of the sponsor's. The pocket book is the Pimp and Hollywood darlings like SNL are the whores.

I'd love to see a poor Kenyon Sambo impression in a mud hut on SNL pretending to be Obama's brother though! Crying about not "spretin' da welt" Imagine the laugh's there! Maybe they can reprise the "Kill the landlord" skit and put Michelle Obama in it?

Amanda wrote:
Another thing that didn't work was the fact that Fey said something like about 2 years ago, Palin was a mayor of Wasilla well actually, she used the term "crystal-meth capitol of the Alaska," (I don't understand that one), but actually, 2 years ago she was running for governor. Her term ended in 2001 as mayor of Wasilla and after that she ran for Luitenant Governor and lost and then became the Commissioner of the Oil and Gas something and then became Governor.
zzzzzzzzzzz

Des Plaines, IL

#16 Sep 15, 2008
I couldn't stay awake. The crickets chirping on the stage were lulling me to sleep.

SNL needs to get some new writers. Most of the jokes fell so flat I felt embarrassed for the cast.
Rosemary

Denver, CO

#17 Sep 15, 2008
Is SNL still on? I remember when it actually used to be funny......BACK IN THE 70s!
DiYi

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 15, 2008
This show is still on??? I quit watching about 15 years ago cuz it was getting so bad.
Brandon P

Austin, TX

#19 Sep 15, 2008
Who watches this show anymore?
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#20 Sep 15, 2008
zzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
I couldn't stay awake. The crickets chirping on the stage were lulling me to sleep.
SNL needs to get some new writers. Most of the jokes fell so flat I felt embarrassed for the cast.
Yeap...sounds like a RePUKElican to me! LOL! Great show! I taped it for everyone in my fav five!
sarahmas

Santa Ana, CA

#21 Sep 15, 2008
Delivery Guy wrote:
Also agree that the bit mocking the "Cathy" comic strip -- one of the absolute WORST to ever appear in print -- was hysterical: ACK!! Sweat drops, sweat drops!!
Laughed until I cried!
I agree that it had potential, but I hate Andy Samberg so much and I think he is so not funny that he ruined it. You have to do more with the joke than just imitating the stupid comic strip. He is completely useless on this show!
Delivery Guy

Chicago, IL

#22 Sep 15, 2008
sarahmas wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it had potential, but I hate Andy Samberg so much and I think he is so not funny that he ruined it.
Well, then the material didn't matter if you hate the performer.

I know what you mean -- when I see Tom Green on TV doing ANYTHING, I turn it off before I puke -- but if you don't think Samberg was funny in the "Dick In A Box" video he did with Justin Timberlake, then I question if you have any idea of what funny is.
sarahmas

Santa Ana, CA

#23 Sep 15, 2008
Delivery Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
but if you don't think Samberg was funny in the "Dick In A Box" video he did with Justin Timberlake, then I question if you have any idea of what funny is.
No need to be snotty. I always thought it was JT and some other random guy. Samberg could put himself in a box and it would still work with the song.

Since: May 08

United States

#24 Sep 15, 2008
Maybe Tina Fey can do the interviews for Palin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amy Poehler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our favorite 'SNL' moments of the season (May '09) Oct '16 leggings 24
News Are female comics as funny as men? Great answer... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANE 1
News 'SNL' recap: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler back as Sar... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
SISTERS video review (Jan '16) Jan '16 amypplofsistin 1
News Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return to SNL as hosts (Dec '15) Dec '15 Rick Santpornum 21
News 2008's Sarah Palin Meets 2015's Hillary Clinton... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News 'SNL' Spoofs Trump, GOP Candidates in Debate Sk... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Whiny1 2
More from around the web