Gary Chapman, Amy Grant, Vince Gill ...

Gary Chapman, Amy Grant, Vince Gill Janis O. Cummings - Clash

Posted in the Amy Grant Forum

Phantom Ghost

Duarte, CA

#1 Dec 22, 2007
I'm trying to think what song from Clash of the Choirs would best fit them and go out to them during the holidays.
cold shot

Duarte, CA

#2 Jan 1, 2008
I was shocked to find that there is a Sweethearts of the Rodeo Forum here and that all these people are still intertwined on the boards.
LoveRev

Spring, TX

#3 Jan 1, 2009
Is Janie Gill really writing a book? Someone posting as her says it is true.
bizzbizz

AOL

#4 Aug 28, 2011
Janis has been writting a book for years ....She couldnt write it for 5 years after her and Vince split. that time has long since pasted ..I under stand Janis second Husband is writting a tell all book about all of them ....Janis had an affair on her second husband and then treated him like crap after she wanted to point fingers at what Vince and Amy had done ... He wasnt happy in the marriage from what i understand .... She was a Jehovha Wittness....Need i say more .....She had major framily (father) issues aswell .. thats all in his book .... I think Janis just used her second husband from the get go casue she was soo embarrassed to be left by Vince ..no one in nashville cared about her or what she did ...i think thats what killed her most
parousia music

Redding, CA

#5 Sep 11, 2013
I went out to dinner with Vince Gill in 1987, after meeting him singing in a club. He had issues with his wife's religious affiliation, but was not a faithful man, as he had intentions, but I did not go there. Some people are not what they appear to be. He even called me "Buddy" which was a term of endearment with Janis...she is innocent and a good woman who loved her husband.
ghost writer

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2014
Interesting comments... I wouldd like to read her book ....and Amy's a prim proper gal..wonder if he would flirt with me..wish dinner with the man..have to admit I would of taken him up on the invitation my bad..but he's my fantasy
ghost writer

United States

#7 Jul 27, 2014
Wonder how trully faithful he is to Amy then?? Just wonder
Doughnutz

Spring, TX

#8 Feb 23, 2015
I can't imagine anyone but his current wife who MIGHT want him sexually and that's a big MIGHT. She still seems pretty spry and he likes to sit on his behind around the house. She may have hired help, but it might still irk her that he is so chauvinistic to think all the cooking, cleaning, and female child rearing is Mama's place. Just a thought.
vinnys gal

United States

#9 Mar 16, 2015
Doughnutz wrote:
I can't imagine anyone but his current wife who MIGHT want him sexually and that's a big MIGHT. She still seems pretty spry and he likes to sit on his behind around the house. She may have hired help, but it might still irk her that he is so chauvinistic to think all the cooking, cleaning, and female child rearing is Mama's place. Just a thought.
According to Janice she said from her own mouth in an interview that Vince is a great dad. So stop knocking everything about him even Jenny says he's a great dad.and I think when you look at a person ppl see things differently when they look at what's good looking to them...if you seen younger slimmer Vince in the 90s and even up to the last few years he's handsome to me. Weight he can loose it..
vinnys gal

United States

#10 Mar 18, 2015
Doughnutz wrote:
I can't imagine anyone but his current wife who MIGHT want him sexually and that's a big MIGHT. She still seems pretty spry and he likes to sit on his behind around the house. She may have hired help, but it might still irk her that he is so chauvinistic to think all the cooking, cleaning, and female child rearing is Mama's place. Just a thought.
First I don't see Amy cleaning or baking or cooking in that house might break a nail.and second Vince grew up in an era of leave it to beaver women UN kitchen home etc...so what the kind of career they have traveling from city to city to hotel to hotel shouldn't be left complaining to take care of her mom a clean functioning home a nice meal shouldn't be a deal breaker..what man cleans.I can count on my hand how many times in 8years of marriage my hubby doing dishes.never seen him even lick up a vacumme or a rag..my dad same thing. We gals my sister's me and mom cleaned the house.my dad would cook some though..but no I wouldn't mind or have a problem taking care of the home or my the man in my life..nor should she if vinny was mine no problem.same think he would be TAKEN CARE of..
vinnys gal

United States

#11 Mar 18, 2015
vinnys gal wrote:
<quoted text>
First I don't see Amy cleaning or baking or cooking in that house might break a nail.and second Vince grew up in an era of leave it to beaver women UN kitchen home etc...so what the kind of career they have traveling from city to city to hotel to hotel shouldn't be left complaining to take care of her mom a clean functioning home a nice meal shouldn't be a deal breaker..what man cleans.I can count on my hand how many times in 8years of marriage my hubby doing dishes.never seen him even lick up a vacumme or a rag..my dad same thing. We gals my sister's me and mom cleaned the house.my dad would cook some though..but no I wouldn't mind or have a problem taking care of the home or my the man in my life..nor should she if vinny was mine no problem.same think he would be TAKEN CARE of..
Oops typo. I ment taking care of her man not mom..
vinnys gal

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2015
vinnys gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops typo. I ment taking care of her man not mom..
Do you know how exsausting touring is. I doubt it...one city to the next to the next ect...they work hard on the road. Not to mention on the side things he does for charities ect..it wouldnt hurt her to take care of her home like a wife does...most men are not house workers.name one thats notvnagged by the wife to do a chore?
vinnys gal

United States

#13 Apr 23, 2015
vinnys gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how exsausting touring is. I doubt it...one city to the next to the next ect...they work hard on the road. Not to mention on the side things he does for charities ect..it wouldnt hurt her to take care of her home like a wife does...most men are not house workers.name one thats notvnagged by the wife to do a chore?
Wgat man volenteers to do house work
Anonymous

Edison, NJ

#14 Jan 8, 2018
vinnys gal wrote:
<quoted text>
First I don't see Amy cleaning or baking or cooking in that house might break a nail.and second Vince grew up in an era of leave it to beaver women UN kitchen home etc...so what the kind of career they have traveling from city to city to hotel to hotel shouldn't be left complaining to take care of her mom a clean functioning home a nice meal shouldn't be a deal breaker..what man cleans.I can count on my hand how many times in 8years of marriage my hubby doing dishes.never seen him even lick up a vacumme or a rag..my dad same thing. We gals my sister's me and mom cleaned the house.my dad would cook some though..but no I wouldn't mind or have a problem taking care of the home or my the man in my life..nor should she if vinny was mine no problem.same think he would be TAKEN CARE of..
Amy has said she has someone she pays to clean. I think that Vince would need a full time servant and I think Amy expects that perfect home her mom provided for her. Also, from articles I have read, she grew up having help. Her laundry/clothes were put away for her. There is nothing wrong with that. I know Gary did not grow up like that. His mother was a very clean person and I think he joked that if you got up in the middle of the night, your bed would be made up and the floor swept.

All I know is that Vince and Amy have a gorgeous home with a kitchen most women would die for, a recording studio so they can walk there in their pajamas or sweatpants without prying eyes, and that they seem happy together. I just saw a video of them from Christmas. Vince called her a "child" which wouldn't go over if I was an Icon like Amy Grant. Vince has learned to cook a thing or two. His main complaint was that now that she has him that she no longer stalks him. They have a daughter who will turn 17 this year. My how time flies. They will still mark 20 years together. I think you can give up on ever prying his loose from his "Sweet Child" who he used to call his precious bride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amy Grant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vince Wishes Amy Would Stalk Him Again Feb '18 Anonymous 6
Dead-End Street (Nov '12) Feb '18 Anonymous 9
News Hark! The Herald Amy Sings Feb '18 Anonymous 2
News Almanac for Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017 Feb '18 Anonymous 1
News 'You're a Big Dips**t': Famed County Singer Cla... (Sep '13) Feb '18 Anonymous 9
News Katy Perry's bizarre childhood: 'We picketed Ma... (Apr '17) Feb '18 Anonymous 8
News Guest Opinion: A time for heirlooms Feb '18 Anonymous 1