Michelle Obama talks up family life at Loop fundraiser

Campaigning for her husband's presidential bid, Michelle Obama often talks about the rigors of daily life that face American mothers. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
loose cannon

Lombard, IL

#3 Jul 28, 2008
Good thing she told us,....
we wouldn't want to be *LEFT* in the *DARKNESS*
without the wisdom of the sage.
Lucy
:)
RFB-IL

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2008
I'm so proud that Michelle will be our, Oh wait the elections havn't been held yet, I almost jumped the gun. Kind of like Obam did when he went to Eroupe and acted like he was our President.
RFB-IL

United States

#5 Jul 28, 2008
What did she mean by clean food. I don't think I ever fed my family dirty food.
outraged

Naperville, IL

#6 Jul 28, 2008
Oh please ... not with that backside baby. Nice try.
ejhickey

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 28, 2008
Ho Hum
sistersledge

Lakeside, CA

#9 Jul 28, 2008
WHAT!! You mean Barack let her out in public again!!
politiciansarena rcissists

Kenosha, WI

#10 Jul 28, 2008
Michelle is really full of herself. She and her husband are really full of hubris. Not even the Clintons were this presumptuous.
Agnostic

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 28, 2008
politiciansarenarcissists wrote:
Michelle is really full of herself. She and her husband are really full of hubris. Not even the Clintons were this presumptuous.
Yeah! Whatís wrong with those black people acting all educated and running a political campaign like so many before them? Who do they think they are using the same system and political tricks that has been used for decades? Donít they know that all black people commit all the crime in this country and that they should be doing the same? Doesnít Michelle know that she should be strung out on drugs and on welfare? Who the hell does she think she is with her Ivy League degree and opinions? Why doesnít she go bear some b*stard children that become dealers and gang bangers so that we can all complain about that. Jeez these people have a lot of nerve!
Concern Citizen

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 28, 2008
Amen!You forgot the section 8 housing she should be living in and the weave she should be wearing.
midniteangel

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Jul 28, 2008
Concern Citizen

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 28, 2008
politiciansarenarcissists wrote:
Example please.
Agnostic

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 28, 2008
Concern Citizen wrote:
Amen!You forgot the section 8 housing she should be living in and the weave she should be wearing.
And what's with that name? Michelle. Doesn't she know that her name is supposed to be Lucretia or something with a La in it? She's so dang uppity!

Who does she think she's fooling we all know she pops gum all day and can't talk without rolling her neck. You know like all black people.

What I can't figure out is how can she be a Muslim and eat pig feet. You know because all black people eat that stuff.
Ya Right

Glenwood, IL

#17 Jul 28, 2008
Did she talk about how she has never been proud of America until her husband 'Barry' became the Democratic nominee?

Did she talk about how she was 'affirmative actioned' into Princeton?

By that affirmative action she has received more from this country than I ever have or ever will....

“President Barack Hussein Obama”

Since: Jul 08

Chicago

#18 Jul 29, 2008
Aint I a woman too - Sojourner Truth
157 years later, black women in the US must ask that question still.
JustMe

Normal, IL

#19 Jul 29, 2008
Haters, be they black or white, make me sick. Until you have spent much time with others (blacks if you are white, whites if you are black) how can you even think that you can generalize about people you know nothing about.
When my brother was a young teen, he made some pretty racist comments to me about blacks in general. I brought up a couple of my black friends, who were the opposite of his narrow view, and asked what about them. He commented that they were cool, and not like that at all. He could not name any black people that he knew that fit his idea of black people. I simply laughed and told him "I get it, you know all of the good black people, but all those others that you don't know are the horrible ones." He didn't have anything else to say, he got the message.
JustMe

Normal, IL

#20 Jul 29, 2008
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!
We are all in this together.
jackie

Cicero, IL

#21 Jul 29, 2008
Ya right,
If you want to argue the affirmative action angle you are giving an exmaple of why it works. She got a chance to go to an Ivy League school and what did she do with it? If she was not qualified to be there how did she manage to graduate AND pass the bar?
It amazes me how many ankle biters are out there.

Since: Apr 07

Reston, VA

#22 Jul 29, 2008
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
And what's with that name? Michelle. Doesn't she know that her name is supposed to be Lucretia or something with a La in it? She's so dang uppity!
Who does she think she's fooling we all know she pops gum all day and can't talk without rolling her neck. You know like all black people.
What I can't figure out is how can she be a Muslim and eat pig feet. You know because all black people eat that stuff.
your sarcasm says more about you than you think.

you're just as racist as obama and his bitter, always whining wife.

Since: Apr 07

Reston, VA

#23 Jul 29, 2008
jackie wrote:
Ya right,
If you want to argue the affirmative action angle you are giving an exmaple of why it works. She got a chance to go to an Ivy League school and what did she do with it? If she was not qualified to be there how did she manage to graduate AND pass the bar?
It amazes me how many ankle biters are out there.
so why is she always complaining about how horrible and mean the USA is?

she had the privilege of going to ivy league schools, she had a job at a hospital which paid her 300,000 a year. He husband was a state senator and yet she complains how the US is a mean country full of lazy selfish people which hold women and blacks down.

please explain.

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#24 Jul 29, 2008
I'm not "Obamified" and I won't be voting for him, but taking really unnecessary jabs at his wife when she is discussing her family and her views on how to deal with daily life is below the belt. I too don't believe that I like her, but then I've never met her and talked with her as a person. She may be a fine lady and my opinion might change my mind given the opportunity. I also don't like some of the things she has said in her past, but I bet we all have a few things we'd like to forget too.

She is under a magnifying glass right now and I imagine that is not a very comfortable place to be. Let's try to stop all this racist crap and stick to the details of politics, not what your great-grandparents thought of people of color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Waters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California chefs encourage fresh, healthy meals... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Doc Proper 2
Michelle Obama, Alice Waters and Fedele Bauccio... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Sunshine 1
Feeding the First Lady (Jun '11) Jun '11 fedupwiththemess 2
Alice Waters hosting Michelle Obama in East Bay (Jun '11) Jun '11 Sunshine 1
New federal dietary guidelines say skip the salt (Feb '11) Feb '11 Klaus 1
RC's mayor-elect already minding his manners (Nov '10) Nov '10 Concerned 14
Mountain lion shot in Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto... (Aug '10) Aug '10 va_tazdad 1
More from around the web