Upscale Restaurants Shun Bottled Water

Full story: The Associated Press

Bye-bye bottled water. Hello eau de tap. A new trend is in the pipeline, with some upscale restaurants ditching packaged H2O in the name of conservation.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2007
Suzanne

Bethel, ME

#1 Mar 30, 2007
But, is it just the cost to the environment over the energy used or expended?? What about the cost to those impacted directly?? The communities that are putting up with the large scale bulk water withdrawls have impacts greater than just the energy, or trash. Look at the issues in Michigan or Maine.. citizen's quality of life are being threatened by this industry. Read the essay posted at onthecommons.org titled "Who Owns Maine's Water - Nestle or the People" to really see what is happening. Here's the specific link.. http://onthecommons.org/node/1118

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Waters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California chefs encourage fresh, healthy meals... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Doc Proper 2
Michelle Obama, Alice Waters and Fedele Bauccio... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Sunshine 1
Feeding the First Lady (Jun '11) Jun '11 fedupwiththemess 2
Alice Waters hosting Michelle Obama in East Bay (Jun '11) Jun '11 Sunshine 1
New federal dietary guidelines say skip the salt (Feb '11) Feb '11 Klaus 1
RC's mayor-elect already minding his manners (Nov '10) Nov '10 Concerned 14
Mountain lion shot in Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto... (Aug '10) Aug '10 va_tazdad 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Alice Waters People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••