Layne Staley Book To Be Made Into a Movie?

LAYNE STALEY Book To Be Made Into A Movie? - Sep. 28, 2006 According to a press release from ARTS Publications , Argentinean journalist/author Adriana Rubio has been contacted by writer/director Eric Moyer from ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rob Alvarez - Tucson AZ

Sierra Vista, AZ

#1 Oct 1, 2006
This is AWESOME! I can't wait.
DIZZY- of Okla-Minn

Bemidji, MN

#2 Nov 14, 2006
OUTSTANDING...i have always loved the band and this would be something awsome to put out. always excellent memories from the music...Good luck guys with the tour and all your doing...
CHELS

Savannah, GA

#3 Nov 14, 2006
AWESOME!!!!. can't wait. missed the show at the norva in va beach.:( HOPE Y'ALL HAVE ANOTHER ONE! i'm positive there are millions of ppl that wanna see you play!!!
Bill

AOL

#4 Dec 2, 2006
Sounds like total bullshit. First of all for those of you who haven't read the book--it's a total piece of shit! There's no way they could possible make a movie out of this garbage, and if they did it would be completely ficticious as no one, including Layne's mother Nancy would ever contribute anything more to this hack writer, adriano rubio. YUK FU!!!
Sarah

Windsor, Canada

#5 Dec 23, 2006
Alice in Chains ROCKS!!! I would definatly go to see this movie!
jana

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2007
yup, I totally agree, the book is an absolute shit!
Aicgoddess

Holly Ridge, NC

#7 Feb 25, 2007
I cant wait to see this movie! Got goosebumps thinking about it!!!!
shaun87

Atlanta, GA

#8 Mar 16, 2007
I DONT KNOW WHWRE TO FIND THE BOOK
runt87

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Mar 19, 2007
i haven't read no clue where to find it but to you to who said it was gay F U cause anything done by alice in chains is bad A++ always have been and always will ALICE IN CHAINS saved my life just with there music F U
fearon

Victoria, Canada

#10 Mar 24, 2007
Given the history of movies based on rockers I would be cautious about this one (Sid and Nancy crap). It would be cool though if the movie was about this man's amazing life and talent and not just a morbid fascination with his demise as much of Layne's press seems to be.
Dreamy

Vancouver, WA

#11 Jun 16, 2007
shaun87 wrote:
I DONT KNOW WHWRE TO FIND THE BOOK
Look the book is crap don't contribute to this liar writer. Please. I was Laynes's personal friend and he's rolling over in his grave right about now. he was an extremely private person and he would not agree with any of this.
That's all.
ella

Omaha, NE

#12 Jun 27, 2007
what is the book?
kevin

Horsham, PA

#13 Jul 5, 2007
Put the movie out then don't mess up what this man's music and legacy stands for to this date. Also, I can only see person playing him on talent and look alike and that's Ryan Phillipe...Good day Alice In Chains forever
Andy

Slovakia

#14 Sep 2, 2007
I think, that the book is pure fabrication. I don't want any movie to be made by Adriana Rubio, because I think that she fabricated most of the book's content, especially the alleged last interview with L. Staley. Btw it's too soon to make a movie about somebody who died just 5 years ago.
Tina

Burlington, IA

#15 Feb 22, 2008
the book pretty much is crap, I jus heard about the movie and am a little upset about her being the one contributing!
Terry

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 24, 2008
I was at a show in Chiago in June @ the Metro and this band called Khaos Theory did a song dedicated to Lane Staley called "Statistic". The song was awesome and so was the band. I found their myspace and the song was on it. Check it out. www.myspace.com/khasotheory You can never change front men to a guy who was that awesome.
Irene

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 24, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find out more information aboutthe movie on the internet?
wyatt_earp_fan

Capistrano Beach, CA

#18 Feb 25, 2008
Yup, a movie, supposedly Lathan McKay will be portraying the late Layne Stanley. You know, just the other day I saw 3:10 to Yuma and I was just thinking, if there was ever to be made a movie out of Layne Stanley and Alice in CHains Ben Foster should play his character, he has not only the scrubby look but the voice, fukers, Lathan Mckay looks too much like Ville Valo of HIM wtf!?
maninthebox

United States

#19 Feb 28, 2008
runt87 wrote:
i haven't read no clue where to find it but to you to who said it was gay F U cause anything done by alice in chains is bad A++ always have been and always will ALICE IN CHAINS saved my life just with there music F U
i couldnt agree more...AIC is the sound track to my out of control gen x adolecense....I am the man in a box
Pete

Milwaukee, WI

#20 Feb 28, 2008
wyatt_earp_fan wrote:
Yup, a movie, supposedly Lathan McKay will be portraying the late Layne Stanley. You know, just the other day I saw 3:10 to Yuma and I was just thinking, if there was ever to be made a movie out of Layne Stanley and Alice in CHains Ben Foster should play his character, he has not only the scrubby look but the voice, fukers, Lathan Mckay looks too much like Ville Valo of HIM wtf!?
That is crazy that you mention that because I TOTALLY thought the exact same thing when I watched 3:10 to Yuma....he definitely looks and sounds similar to Layne. Guess I'm not the only one who thought that. Too bad this movie looks like it's already doomed to suck :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice in Chains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Layne's Suicide Note (Jan '07) Oct '14 ShellyinSeattle 11
Mike Starr and questions about the band early y... (May '08) Jun '14 thischik 83
Rockfest pumps up its lineup and cleans up its act (Apr '14) Apr '14 Pink Bloc 1
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (Jun '13) Jun '13 anjelina1 10
Album Review: Alice in Chains 'The Devil Put Di... (Jun '13) Jun '13 jefijef 1
ALICEnCHAINS (Apr '13) Apr '13 AIC fan 1
AIC headlines 98ROCKFEST in Tampa! (Mar '13) Mar '13 Kelly 1
More from around the web