`Jeopardy' champ Ken Jennings blasts show

Full story: St. Augustine Record

"Jeopardy!" ace Ken Jennings, who won $2.5 million during his 74-game winning streak, has a few unkind words to say about the show - and dapper host Alex Trebek.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2006
Cathleen

Lincoln City, OR

#1 Jul 25, 2006
I'm disappointed in this boy, Ken. Of all the ways he could use his newfound noteriety... he chooses a negative attack on the show that "is putting his kids through college?" Interesting.

Did his publisher put him up to it to sell more copies of his upcoming book? Has the money gone to his head? Who's next on his ascerbic critique list? Oprah Winfrey?

Come on, go back to school and find yourself some class little boy.
Disappointed Fan

Chalfont, PA

#2 Jul 28, 2006
After reading the "Dear Jeopardy" letter that the so-called "popular" Ken Jennings wrote I was rather disappointed. I find it quite funny how Jennings is bashing the show which gave him his money and his fame. His cynical and sarcastic comments may make him feel good about himself, however one wonders how he thought this would help him reach the celebrity status of respectable Alex Trebek. Sorry Ken, but your 30 seconds of fame is up.
TINA EVANS

Canada

#3 Jul 29, 2006
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD WANT TO SLAM ALEX TREBEK.. HE'S ALWAYS BEHAVED LIKE A GENTLEMAN WITH A MARVELOUS SENSE OF HUMOUR. I THINK HE'S GREAT NOT TO MENTION VERY ATTRACTIVE.

I'D BE INTERESTED TO SEE HOW MANY MORE OFFERS KEN GETS TO SPONSER STUFF...

HAS ANYONE READ ANY OF KEN'S BLOGS?? GOD WHAT AN EGO.. HOW DID HE FULL EVERYONE FOR AS LONG AS HE DID?? WELL, MY EYES ARE OPEN NOW.

THANK YOU ALEX FOR ALL THE ENJOYMENT YOU'VE GIVEN US OVER THE YEARS.
John

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2006
I think there has been a huge amount of misunderstanding and imagination running wild. It was a joke...plain and simple.
I second That

Kent, WA

#5 Aug 11, 2006
John wrote:
I think there has been a huge amount of misunderstanding and imagination running wild. It was a joke...plain and simple.
It was just a joke, we all know alex trebek is still alive, anyways thats not the point, perhaps he did it to get stupid idiots like the ones above to waste thier time commenting on something that doesnt matter and will not matter 1 year 10 years 100 years from now... which makes me wonder why im typen this right now lol
Disappointed Fan

Reading, PA

#6 Aug 20, 2006
Dear "I second that",
I realize that this is your opinion and I am not one to bash those who do not share my point of view (unlike you). Yes, it may have been a joke. But it is the principle of the matter. I am a fan of Jeopardy, and I respect Alex Trebek. So whether it was Ken's idea of a "joke" or a stunt to be "popular" again, I do not appreciate the rude remark of what I and the others said. Oh, and thank you to "John", for voicing your opinion in a mature fashion.

from,
"stupid idiot"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Trebek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redskins Name Serves as Answer to Awful 'Jeopar... Jun '14 MetalGuru 1
Chicago-area woman goes for 18th 'Jeopardy!' win May '14 blace 1
Keeler in the Morning Show Notes for Wed., Apri... Apr '14 mama june 1
Alex trebek Another faux pas (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sandy 1
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford becomes a Jeopardy! clue (Jan '14) Jan '14 break the ice 1
Alex Trebek Wears Only Brown Suits On Jeopardy! (Jul '09) Nov '13 pinkcricket 10
Conn. boy: I was cheated over 'Jeopardy!' spelling (Aug '13) Aug '13 Community Disorga... 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Alex Trebek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••