Alex Trebek Has Minor Heart Attack

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

Longtime "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek was hospitalized Tuesday after a minor heart attack, a spokesman for the game show said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Editor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

They would have diagnosed him more quickly, but he insisted their responses be in the form of a question.
i want to wash my car

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

" This is a condition when the heart lacks oxygen."
"What is an ischemic heart?." "I'll take 'heart attacks' for $200.00 Alex."
" This is a condition when the heart fails to beat properly due to lack of oxygen."
"what is a myocardial infarction?" "I'll take 'heart attacks' for $1000.00 Alex."
"Ah--the daily double."
"I'll bet $10,000.00."
" This is an irreversible condition due to heart attacks sometimes secondary to cardiomegaly, ischemia, electrolyte disturbances, drug abuse, abnormal beats, and/or old age."
"What is death?"
I love you Alex and hope you get better. You made people like me count. People who have a whole lot of knowledge that will do them no good except to know it. I learn and read for the sake of it. Just to know.
Wise Guy

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

i want to wash my car wrote:
" This is a condition when the heart lacks oxygen."
"What is an ischemic heart?." "I'll take 'heart attacks' for $200.00 Alex."
" This is a condition when the heart fails to beat properly due to lack of oxygen."
"what is a myocardial infarction?" "I'll take 'heart attacks' for $1000.00 Alex."
"Ah--the daily double."
"I'll bet $10,000.00."
" This is an irreversible condition due to heart attacks sometimes secondary to cardiomegaly, ischemia, electrolyte disturbances, drug abuse, abnormal beats, and/or old age."
"What is death?"
I love you Alex and hope you get better. You made people like me count. People who have a whole lot of knowledge that will do them no good except to know it. I learn and read for the sake of it. Just to know.
Hey, you stole my thunder!

Hope all is well with Alex.
liberal

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

I'll take heart disease for 500.....LOL
Greg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

I'll take Plavix from now on Alex....
Abby

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

At the time I read this, the headline was in marquee above "six students shot getting off bus," which was stationary. I understand that many people love Mr. Trebek, myself included, but why does a minor heart attack in a beloved TV personality call for prominence on a news page when the other breaking story is about six kids getting shot?
CPA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

I hope his life is not in "Jeopardy"!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••