Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Rihanna each...

Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Rihanna each win 2

There are 1 comment on the LA Daily News story from Nov 24, 2008, titled Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Rihanna each win 2. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Kanye West had nothing to complain about Sunday, as he picked up his first-ever American Music Awards and delivered a flawless, if subdued, performance of his new single, "Heartless." West was a double winner, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Skeptical Music Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 24, 2008
I agree with Brown, "I would've gave it to Coldplay, too." But this was clearly the night for R&B and rappers like Kanye West. If any white dude had said with a straight face that his goal was to be "bigger than Elvis," (now that Obama's won and anything's possible and all that), he'd have been justifiably laughed at for his ginormous ego. Sure, that ego and pompous attitude goes with the rap world, but still, this is over the top and ignorant. You don't just decide to be "bigger than Elvis," he was the first white guy who played and sang black -- what is Kanye West pioneering, besides how to fight with paparazzi?

Maybe now that black musicians, like politicians and everyone else, have proved they'll be taken seriously as equals if they do the work and earn it, rappers and everyone in black "culture" can cut with the Eubonics/ deliberate bad English and posturings, misogyny, etc.

Right now they're still not the best role model for our young men and their videos making women only sleazy sex objects don't help the self-image of young women much.(Bionce's performance of "If you like it you shoulda put a ring on it," flaunting her butt, didn't help. Go back to your classier roots, young lady. And you offered to sing at Obama's inaguaration "if he needs you?" Sure that would be a show-stopper, alright.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Album Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drake beats Michael Jackson's AMA record with 1... Oct '16 Disgusting Jacko 2
Album Review of Listen To This by Jazz Singer C... (Feb '15) Feb '15 serenaspun 1
News Kelly Clarkson Teases Fans About New Album And ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Francesca Balls 1
News Ashley Tisdale Still Unsure of New Album's Dire... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ashley Tisdale 1
News Review of Colton Dixon's "a Messenger" Album (Feb '13) Feb '13 ShawnaWatson1751 1
News NYC Singer-Songwriter Dion Roy to Release New A... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Angry Old White Dude 1
News The Lucky Face - The Lucky Face (Jun '11) Jun '11 Lurch 1
More from around the web