Science disproves global warming

We have not heard much about global warming lately. Politicians and social engineers are no longer urging us to prepare for the worst. Full Story
First Prev
of 262
Next Last
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#5368 Dec 29, 2012
Cooling huh ..

Climate Highlights — 12-month period (December 2011-November 2012)
• The December 2011-November 2012 period was the warmest such 12-month period on record for the contiguous U.S., with an average temperature of 55.2°F, 3.2°F above average.
PHD

Overton, TX

#5369 Dec 29, 2012
Could be global warming. Nobody really really knows.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#5370 Dec 29, 2012
PHD wrote:
Could be global warming. Nobody really really knows.
You are right about yourself.
PHD

Overton, TX

#5371 Dec 29, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are right about yourself.
Actually when you come to terms with yourself you will see that I am right about you.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#5372 Apr 7, 2013
fetid feces face flip flopper fiend wrote:
Actually when you come to terms with......
Actually when you come face to face, "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" sees the truth of its name.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5374 Apr 21, 2013
Here is some news DIRECTLY from a source you AGW cult members like to quote from. No wonder Hansen decided to go incognito for a while. Ah, well, it's probably just a vast right wing conspiracy at NASA to try to make him look the fool that he is.

New Discovery: NASA Study Proves Carbon Dioxide Cools Atmosphere

NASA's Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun. The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry,(or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the energy balance of air above our planet’s surface.

http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/l...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#5375 Apr 21, 2013
fishface wrote:
Here is some news DIRECTLY from a source you AGW cult members like to quote from. No wonder Hansen decided to go incognito for a while. Ah, well, it's probably just a vast right wing conspiracy at NASA to try to make him look the fool that he is.
New Discovery: NASA Study Proves Carbon Dioxide Cools Atmosphere
NASA's Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun. The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry,(or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the energy balance of air above our planet’s surface.
http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/l...
New discovery?

Hardly.

Why is Earth's upper atmosphere cooling?

Higher concentrations of greenhouse gases are cooling Earth's upper atmosphere while warming the planet's surface.

By Moises Velasquez-Manoff / November 10, 2009

Although Earth's troposphere, shown here, and surface have been warming, the upper layers of the atmosphere have been cooling.

Temperatures at the earth's surface have increased by between 0.2 and 0.4 degrees C in the past 30 years. The vast majority of scientists attribute this warming trend to higher concentrations of greenhouse gases – CO2, methane, CFCs, and others – which warm both the earth's surface and lower atmosphere by holding heat in.

But one of the seeming paradoxes of more greenhouse gases is that while they seem to warm the earth's surface, they also seem to be cooling the higher layers of the atmosphere: Surface temperatures have gone up in recent decades, but they've declined to varying degrees in the stratosphere (above 20 km), the mesosphere (above 50 km), and the thermosphere (above 90 km).

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Bright-G...

Of course it's hardly surprising that the deniers of AGW were ignorant of the physics involved.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#5376 Apr 21, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
.. No wonder Hansen decided to go incognito for a while. Ah, well, it's probably just a vast right wing conspiracy at NASA to try to make him look the fool that he is...
What, incognito? At 72 y, Dr James Hansen has retired from his job. He did not retire from dealing with deniers like you.

Now you look like a fool.

Location hidden

#5377 Apr 22, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
New discovery?
Hardly.
Why is Earth's upper atmosphere cooling?
Higher concentrations of greenhouse gases are cooling Earth's upper atmosphere while warming the planet's surface.
By Moises Velasquez-Manoff / November 10, 2009
Although Earth's troposphere, shown here, and surface have been warming, the upper layers of the atmosphere have been cooling.
Temperatures at the earth's surface have increased by between 0.2 and 0.4 degrees C in the past 30 years. The vast majority of scientists attribute this warming trend to higher concentrations of greenhouse gases – CO2, methane, CFCs, and others – which warm both the earth's surface and lower atmosphere by holding heat in.
But one of the seeming paradoxes of more greenhouse gases is that while they seem to warm the earth's surface, they also seem to be cooling the higher layers of the atmosphere: Surface temperatures have gone up in recent decades, but they've declined to varying degrees in the stratosphere (above 20 km), the mesosphere (above 50 km), and the thermosphere (above 90 km).
http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Bright-G...
Of course it's hardly surprising that the deniers of AGW were ignorant of the physics involved.
You need to read ALL the words of that article. It does not say that CO2 both warms the lower atmosphere and cools the upper. It says it reflected more the 95% of the most recent solar flare to hit the earth back out into space. What would the surface temp have done if the CO2 and NO hadn't reflected all that radiation back into space? Funny how all you cult members will deny, deny, deny facts directly from the same agency you swear is one of the apostles of the holy church of AGW. Deny the contradictions while only holding on to the info that supports your belief. Quite laughable, actually.

Location hidden

#5378 Apr 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What, incognito? At 72 y, Dr James Hansen has retired from his job. He did not retire from dealing with deniers like you.
Now you look like a fool.
He left NASA to become a full time radical climate activist. A professional protester, if you will. I wonder what his spin on this will be? I'm sure everyone at NASA is wrong except him.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5380 Apr 22, 2013
Mr. Bill and the democrats are God-Damned idiots.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5381 Apr 22, 2013
Obama is a big stinking liar.

“Piss the Queen off Our coins!”

Since: Nov 11

Adelaide

#5382 Mar 14, 2014
Interesting debate you guys have got going here... as far as Im concerned, the IPCC projections say it all... they have cocked up the predictions so much that they have had to dumb down the catastrophic 100 year prediction they made just 5 years ago. So, if "brains trust" of the AGW believers cannot get the first 5 years in "the ball park" how do we expect them to get 100 year plus predictions correct?

This year is tending to be one of the coolest, with a mild summer in Australia, freezing temps in the US, floods in UK etc... what will their excuse be this year?... come on, this is the BRAINS TRUST, complete with computer modelling.. they are supposed to know.. clearly the do not.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#5383 Mar 15, 2014
Hey, you guys shut up, I need more idiots to believe in globul warming so I can pay for my private jets and mansions. What the hell is wrong with you idiots? Just because the earths temps have not risen and we are freezing to death this winter is no reason to stop the crusade. I NEED MONEY!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#5384 Mar 15, 2014
Desperate Warmist wrote:
Hey, you guys shut up, I need more idiots to believe in globul warming so I can pay for my private jets and mansions. What the hell is wrong with you idiots? Just because the earths temps have not risen and we are freezing to death this winter is no reason to stop the crusade. I NEED MONEY!
The poster before you is not freezing. Shower or two, today and Monday.

http://ozforecast.com.au/cgi-bin/weather.cgi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 262
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min DonPanic 48,590
Poll: Rand Paul shows early strength in New Ham... Nov 24 Le Jimbo 1
Global Warming vs. Climate Change: What Does Ob... Nov 22 Cordwainer Trout 2
5 Reasons why global warming also known as clim... Nov 21 Earthling-1 198
Unknown election outcome is stocks' big fear Nov 10 barefoot2626 56
More on the global warming thing (Dec '09) Nov 9 Earthling-1 408
Fight fiercely, Harvard, against global warming... Nov 5 SpaceBlues 1

Al Gore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE