O'Connor suggests misgivings over Bush vs. Gore

Apr 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee on July 25, 2012 in Washington, D.C. Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor is suggesting for the first time that she's not sure the court should have chosen to rule in 2000 presidential election dispute between George W. Bush and Al Gore.

Comments
1 - 20 of 119 Comments Last updated May 9, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Idiot. You have no sense of your responsibility to US history. You should be ashamed.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Well surprise surprise surprise, and what about Abortion cases like Roe vs Wade that never was even a law......except blocking murder of thousands of children.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Le Jimbo wrote:
Want to see the number of abortions in okiehomo again, two-face?

hahahahahahahahahahaha
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

This is why women should never be appointed to a bench unless they are there to dust it for a man.
Old Harpie

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The old hag is retired and still can't keep her mouth shut with her crappy opinions. She must be growing tired of sitting around in her flowered robes eating bon-bons and watching that other nasty old beeotch Judge Judy.
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Curtis Lowe wrote:
This is why women should never be appointed to a bench unless they are there to dust it for a man.
With that kind of backward thinking, you must be a backward thinking republican.

There is going to be alot of temper tantrums from you folks when our next president is a woman! LOLL
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Old Harpie wrote:
The old hag is retired and still can't keep her mouth shut with her crappy opinions.
Dear, SCJ O'Connor's opinion should be valued (even by woman haters of women with power) because after all we got the prize of a Bush!
truman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

While I agree with her its a little too little too late.
Especially for the thousands of brave young people dead or mutilated serving in Iraq.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
With that kind of backward thinking, you must be a backward thinking republican.
There is going to be alot of temper tantrums from you folks when our next president is a woman! LOLL
The time here opinion was important was before the vote.......not years after. The old hindsight still works great, but in reality all they did was send it back to the state supreme court that tried to change the election laws.......in the middle of the election.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

About time some were questioning the HORRIBLE mistake the USSC made in 2000, which cost this country 8 terrible years of Bush wars, death, terrorism, and incompetence.

The Supreme Court had NO business taking over for Florida's State Supreme Court or preventing the recount. It was an Unconstitutional seizure of power.

Oddly, the Rightie "Constitutionalists" never seem t ohave a word to say about it, either. But hypocrisy's never been hard for THAT bunch.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Le Jimbo wrote:
Well surprise surprise surprise, and what about Abortion cases like Roe vs Wade that never was even a law......except blocking murder of thousands of children.
Nothing to do with Bush v. Gore, and no children have been "murdered" either. But some abortion providers HAVE been, by "Christian" Rightie terrorists.

That's OK with you, of course. Just admit it, punk.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Curtis Lowe wrote:
This is why women should never be appointed to a bench unless they are there to dust it for a man.
And don't you wish you WERE a man, Curtis?:)

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Old Harpie wrote:
The old hag is retired and still can't keep her mouth shut with her crappy opinions. She must be growing tired of sitting around in her flowered robes eating bon-bons and watching that other nasty old beeotch Judge Judy.
Scratch a Rightie and get a woman-hater, every single time.

Righties only like Faux News Bimbo types, real women, women with brains, that kind scares the CRAP outta you, don't they?:)

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The time here opinion was important was before the vote.......not years after. The old hindsight still works great, but in reality all they did was send it back to the state supreme court that tried to change the election laws.......in the middle of the election.
Liar. It's not "changing the election laws" to order a goddamn statewide recount in your OWN STATE.

Your side was just desperate for power, still are in fact. You'll do anything to get hold of it and stick your porcine snouts in the trough.

Which we must not allow.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tha Professor wrote:
About time some were questioning the HORRIBLE mistake the USSC made in 2000, which cost this country 8 terrible years of Bush wars, death, terrorism, and incompetence.
The Supreme Court had NO business taking over for Florida's State Supreme Court or preventing the recount. It was an Unconstitutional seizure of power.
Oddly, the Rightie "Constitutionalists" never seem t ohave a word to say about it, either. But hypocrisy's never been hard for THAT bunch.
Too bad you didn't question a fake COLB, SS number, Selective Service number, hidden school and travel records.........You sure are lax doing your duty.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch a Rightie and get a woman-hater, every single time.
Righties only like Faux News Bimbo types, real women, women with brains, that kind scares the CRAP outta you, don't they?:)
hahahaha when you maggot in chief is paying women 18% less than men. Hahahahahahahah you are a hoot.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. It's not "changing the election laws" to order a goddamn statewide recount in your OWN STATE.
Your side was just desperate for power, still are in fact. You'll do anything to get hold of it and stick your porcine snouts in the trough.
Which we must not allow.
When asked about second term failures, President Barack Obama responded by saying, "Maybe I should just pack up and go home. Golly."

He is such a tease to build our hopes that way.
Les Claypool

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Bush Derangement Syndrome seems to be spreading.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Old Harpie wrote:
The old hag is retired and still can't keep her mouth shut with her crappy opinions. She must be growing tired of sitting around in her flowered robes eating bon-bons and watching that other nasty old beeotch Judge Judy.
Ooh! Feeling threatened by capable women, are we? Wonder why.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

By the time the hearings on Benghazi are held Hillary will not run for President. 4 Whistle blowere are about to tell the truth about the massacre that resulted in the deaths of an Ambassador, and 3 others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••