US election: yes, Romney could win, b...

US election: yes, Romney could win, but Obama's grip on his nation is still strong | Michael Cohen

There are 343 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from May 26, 2012, titled US election: yes, Romney could win, but Obama's grip on his nation is still strong | Michael Cohen. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

The then Democratic presidential hopeful and Illinois senator Barack Obama and former president Bill Clinton wave to the crowd at a campaign stop in Orlando, Florida, in October 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#1 May 26, 2012
He's harging on with one hand, we preed the other one loose in 2010!
Your Ex

Springfield, NJ

#2 May 26, 2012
If the 'g' was closer to the 'n', I wouldn't
accuse you of
drinking & posting.
I gotta go pree....
Barry

Carol Stream, IL

#3 May 26, 2012
I will keep those twits thinking they need me and brainwashed with with my hope and change.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 May 26, 2012
His popularity may turn to sympathy. The WH wWing Boys Club has not been pulling its weight lately, too many miscues.

Frankston, TX

#5 May 26, 2012
Your Ex wrote:
If the 'g' was closer to the 'n', I wouldn't
accuse you of
drinking & posting.
I gotta go pree....
Make sure you close the outhouse door. Flies y'know!
Patriot

Jackson, TN

#6 May 26, 2012
DEFEND FREEDOM...DEFEAT OBAMA THIS NOVEMBER. Destroying the 2nd amendment is on top of the list!
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#7 May 26, 2012
Here come the trolls...come on over Repubs...it's another Obama headline! The desperation continues. You guys are going to be worn out with 6 more months of ranting. Let's see if you can keep up the pace!

Frankston, TX

#8 May 26, 2012
Patriot wrote:
DEFEND FREEDOM...DEFEAT OBAMA THIS NOVEMBER. Destroying the 2nd amendment is on top of the list!
Defend freedom and destroy the 2d amendment all in the same breath.

I hope your are being facetious!!!

Frankston, TX

#9 May 26, 2012
OBAMA 2012 wrote:
Here come the trolls...come on over Repubs...it's another Obama headline! The desperation continues. You guys are going to be worn out with 6 more months of ranting. Let's see if you can keep up the pace!
Let's see, you dumb shytes praised for hillary in 2007, changed your mind when she didn't get nominated, said Bush caused pimples on teenages and thousands of other insinuations and you make a statement like that!! LMAO

I don't know what your problems is, but check with your doc, might be meds for it.
Your Ex

Springfield, NJ

#10 May 26, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure you close the outhouse door. Flies y'know!
More skeeters than flies this year.
Deep Woods Off keeps off the bloodsuckers
but I still keep getting 'donation' requests from the
RNC.....
& the DNC
& those cleft palate kids
& I'd rather eat a Sandhill that 'save' one.
Gotta pree again...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#11 May 26, 2012
OBAMA 2012 wrote:
Where were you when the m.Brotherhood gets appointments in this administration.

Frankston, TX

#12 May 26, 2012
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
More skeeters than flies this year.
Deep Woods Off keeps off the bloodsuckers
but I still keep getting 'donation' requests from the
RNC.....
& the DNC
& those cleft palate kids
& I'd rather eat a Sandhill that 'save' one.
Gotta pree again...
Try Crisco.
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#13 May 26, 2012
TROLL: A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

They forgot to add the member is a "know it all". Sounds like most of the Repubs on these boards!

“@FrankLeePlain”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 May 26, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Fact: the only 2 pieces of gun legislation Obama has signed expanded gun owners' rights.

“@FrankLeePlain”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15 May 26, 2012
Fact: Under Obama, federal spending has increased at the slowest rate since the 1950s.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spendi...
Your Ex

Springfield, NJ

#16 May 26, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Crisco.
Crisco repels skeeters?
I thought it attracted
banjer pickin' TXans...
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#17 May 26, 2012
Frank Lee Plain wrote:
Fact: Under Obama, federal spending has increased at the slowest rate since the 1950s.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spendi...
Some people aren't go to bother to click on the link. So thought I'd help.

==========

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)— Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it:“I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.
Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

Even hapless Herbert Hoover managed to increase spending more than Obama has.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.

• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.

• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.
The big surge in federal spending happened in fiscal 2009, before Obama took office. Since then, spending growth has been relatively flat.

Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget.

========

.....and the nutters desperate attempts to fudge facts and stats.
Cat74

United States

#18 May 26, 2012
This Administration proved it could not be trusted with guns when it carried out Fast, and Furious. These people act without Congress, and have broken more Federal laws then half the people in Federal prisons right now. It would be a travesty to re elect them.
Jeffery

Elk Grove Village, IL

#19 May 26, 2012
p on that thought, it is NOT his.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#20 May 26, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.
Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget.
========
.....and the nutters desperate attempts to fudge facts and stats.
Hey -- you know that Fright-Wing Nutters have NO USE for Facts, in fact, have come to FEAR Facts because they usually do not support their claims. They abhor the sentiment espoused by Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan:

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... (Jun '17) 12 hr Into The Night 345
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 hr Into The Night 64,397
News EDITORIAL: Snow and ice is what we should expec... Jan 10 Al Bundy 3
Al Gore Wants Religious Laws For Climate Change. Jan 8 TheThirdAngel144 1
News Al Gore's climate change predictions IMPLODE as... Jan 1 Poster Child for ... 1
News Global warming films flop at box office in 2017 Jan 1 Poster Child for ... 1
News Nine Years Ago Al Gore Predicted North Pole Wou... Jan 1 Poster Child for ... 1
More from around the web