The Religion of Global Warming

The Religion of Global Warming

There are 23 comments on the American Thinker story from Apr 15, 2012, titled The Religion of Global Warming. In it, American Thinker reports that:

It is no coincidence that man-made global warming, or climate change, or whatever it's called this week, got very popular as an issue just as the Soviet Union fell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at American Thinker.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#1 Apr 15, 2012
Only a few of the faithful worship here.
Cut n Paste

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Oct 14, 2013
It has been revealed:
The "End Times" are nigh.
Prepare yourself for the year 2047.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#3 Oct 14, 2013
Well Heck, the world renowned super scientist Bob Geldof says we will soon be extinct because of GW, what better proof could there be?
<dang it, where is the "sarcasm font"?>
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#4 Oct 14, 2013
You don't need sarcasm because you are hysterical, no-math..

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#5 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
You don't need sarcasm because you are hysterical, no-math..
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...
Does it amuse you to keep reposting a link that has been completely debunked?
Are you trying to let everyone know you have no clue?
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#6 Oct 14, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it amuse you to keep reposting a link that has been completely debunked?
Are you trying to let everyone know you have no clue?
No, not at all. You are confused and mistaken again. If not, provide evidence..

Read this one too...

http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/uploa...

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#7 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, not at all. You are confused and mistaken again. If not, provide evidence..
Read this one too...
http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/uploa...
So you post a link to a report already debunked by the NIPCC, and not in the pocket of the socialist UN and their redistribution machine.
How quaint.
Still, you FAIL, again.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8 Oct 15, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
So you post a link to a report already debunked by the NIPCC, and not in the pocket of the socialist UN and their redistribution machine.
How quaint.
Still, you FAIL, again.
bah blah you are hysterical, DUH
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#9 Oct 15, 2013
Green Madness: Climate Policies To Add 41% To Electricity Prices By 2030
http://www.thegwpf.org/green-madness-climate-...

They're really going to do it! The nutcases pushing this insanity are actually going to keep 1.6 Billion people on Earth living in mud huts and having no electricity! The Greenies are going to continue the eugenics policies giving those people short lives and no hope. Boy, if that ain't the essence of Communists in a nutshell!
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#10 Oct 15, 2013
Oh No!’2047 Is The New 2012!’ A new Mayan Calendar Deadline!‘A climate plague affecting every living thing’— AP:‘Temps Go Off the Charts Around 2047&#8242;
http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/10/10/oh-no-...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 15, 2013
Speaking of money.. The Army’s $5 billion waste

The criticism made by many soldiers and Army watchdogs is that clothing that costs $5 billion dollars and is made for Soldiers going into combat ought to be of higher quality and last longer than a Hanes t-shirt. Despite the Army’s initial claims about fielding a universal uniform of the future, the UCPs nine-year lifespan is less than half the length of its considerably less expensive predecessor, the BDU uniform, which lasted for two decades. What’s more, the UCP wasn’t even worn by soldiers in Afghanistan during the last four years of its duration.

Over the past decade the Army has utilized four different uniforms, with each representing a considerable expenditure and investment of time and resources that could have been applied to other commonly cited needs, like upgrades to field equipment and improvements to tactical vehicles.

Whether the current quest for the consummate camouflage will prove time and money well spent or yet another waste remains to be seen. In the meantime, Pelak said,“We’re stuck with a uniform we can’t wear in the field.”

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#13 Oct 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Speaking of money.. The Army’s $5 billion waste
The criticism made by many soldiers and Army watchdogs is that clothing that costs $5 billion dollars and is made for Soldiers going into combat ought to be of higher quality and last longer than a Hanes t-shirt. Despite the Army’s initial claims about fielding a universal uniform of the future, the UCPs nine-year lifespan is less than half the length of its considerably less expensive predecessor, the BDU uniform, which lasted for two decades. What’s more, the UCP wasn’t even worn by soldiers in Afghanistan during the last four years of its duration.
Over the past decade the Army has utilized four different uniforms, with each representing a considerable expenditure and investment of time and resources that could have been applied to other commonly cited needs, like upgrades to field equipment and improvements to tactical vehicles.
Whether the current quest for the consummate camouflage will prove time and money well spent or yet another waste remains to be seen. In the meantime, Pelak said,“We’re stuck with a uniform we can’t wear in the field.”
It appears you finally found something you know something about. We can call you The Cicken Little Fashionista.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#14 Sep 4, 2014
Cut n Paste wrote:
It has been revealed:
The "End Times" are nigh.
Prepare yourself for the year 2047.
That might be a bit difficult for myself and Jim Hansen, we'd both be 106,

“..A little kingdom...”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#15 Sep 5, 2014
I approach the subject of G.W. as what can we as a country can implement to have a clean energy future.

Envisioning a clean energy economy.
Jeff MacLeod

Surrey, Canada

#16 Sep 5, 2014
Humourous that someone believes the NIPCC can debunk anything.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#17 Sep 6, 2014
Jeff MacLeod wrote:
Humourous that someone believes the NIPCC can debunk anything.
Do you have evidence that the NIPCC haven't debunked anything?
No?
Thought not.Ö¿Ö

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#18 Sep 6, 2014
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have evidence that the NIPCC haven't debunked anything?
No?
Thought not.Ö¿Ö
A group promoting skepticism over widely-accredited climate change science has a web of connections to influential oil giant Exxon-Mobil, Raw Story has found.

The organization is called the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC), apparently named after the UN coalition International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). An investigation into the group reveals its numerous links to Exxon-Mobil, a vehement opponent of climate legislation and notorious among scientists for funding global warming skeptics.

"Exxon-Mobil essentially funds people to lie," Joseph Romm, lauded climate expert and author of the blog Climate Progress, told Raw Story. "It's important for people to understand that they pay off the overwhelming majority of groups in the area of junk science."

The NIPCC's signature report, "Climate Change Reconsidered," disputes the notion that global warming is human-caused, insisting in its policy summary that "Nature, not human activity, rules the planet." Many of its assertions have been challenged by, among others, the scientists' blog RealClimate.

The report was released and promoted this summer by the Heartland Institute, a think tank that claims to support "common-sense environmentalism" as opposed to "more extreme environmental activism." It alleges that "Global warming is a prime example of the alarmism that characterizes much of the environmental movement."

"To call global warming a hoax is to question every scientific journal, every scientific academy, and buy into the most extreme conspiracy theories," Romm said.

Heartland has received at least $676,500 from Exxon-Mobil since 1998, the year Exxon launched a campaign to oppose the Kyoto Treaty, according to official documents of the two groups that have been compiled and reproduced by the website ExxonSecrets.org . Also, the institute's self-described Government Relations Adviser Walter F. Buchholtz has been a lobbyist for Exxon-Mobil, the Washington Post reported in 2004.

The study's two principal authors and NIPCC leaders S Fred Singer and Craig D Idso are both associated with various organizations that have gotten generous funding from Exxon-Mobil.

Singer has researched and published for the Cato Institute, which has accepted $125,000 in grants from Exxon-Mobil since 1998. Other professional affiliations include the National Center for Policy Analysis, Frontiers of Freedom, and American Council on Science and Health -- which have accepted contributions of $540,000,$1.27 million and $150,000, respectively, from Exxon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/grou...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#19 Sep 6, 2014
Jeff MacLeod wrote:
Humourous that someone believes the NIPCC can debunk anything.
Do you have evidence that the NIPCC haven't debunked anything?
No?
Thought not.Ö¿Ö
litesong

Everett, WA

#20 Sep 7, 2014
[QUOTE who="sleepy sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig dirtling"Do you have evidence that the NIPCC haven't debunked anything?
[/QUOTE]

The only things members of the NIPCC can debunk are falling out of their bunk beds.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Sep 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The only things members of the NIPCC can debunk are falling out of their bunk beds.
Wow...
If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then you guys are really screwed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974
News 'An Inconvenient Sequel' finds Al Gore still wo... 18 hr Al Who 1
News Climate Crazies Finally Admit 'We Were Wrong Ab... Thu Too Funny 2
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... Thu Talkin Bout Perverts 223
News Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm... Sep 10 Pope Benedictum 32
News The Zionist Leader Who Can't Quit Steve Bannon Aug 31 lavon affair 1
News The Right-Wing Intellegentsia Concedes Gay Marr... (Mar '13) Aug 26 Zionist Report 16
More from around the web