A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To...

A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms

There are 508 comments on the National Public Radio story from Mar 27, 2013, titled A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

By the time today's K-12 students grow up, the challenges posed by climate change are expected to be severe and sweeping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#87 Mar 29, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That was perfume compared to what Joe the Plumber spread around.
when I was growing up, I wanted to be either a plumber or a politician, one fixes sh't, the other causes it.
rush limp-burger

Elizabeth, NJ

#88 Mar 29, 2013
WORRY about COMMIE RED CHINA ATTACKING AMERICA and enslaving all these STUDENT'S

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#89 Mar 29, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
when I was growing up, I wanted to be either a plumber or a politician, one fixes sh't, the other causes it.
Joe is the rarest of plumbers. He causes it. One might even say he manifests it.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#90 Mar 29, 2013
rush limp-burger wrote:
WORRY about COMMIE RED CHINA ATTACKING AMERICA......
..... if the North Koreans don't beat them. Actually, the N. Koreans only want to ride in a Boeing 777. But they can only afford a seat or two, & Kim Jong Un has to decide which family member doesn't get to go.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#91 Mar 30, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You don't like it, kiss my tail.
You never answered the question. So are you all animal or part? Only you have that capability and you do it because you can. Now bend over and kiss your or lick your behind again.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#92 Mar 30, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You never answered the question. So are you all animal or part? Only you have that capability and you do it because you can. Now bend over and kiss your or lick your behind again.
Maybe when I'm through buggering yours.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#93 Mar 31, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe when I'm through buggering yours.
You never answered the question. So are you all animal or part? Only you have that capability and you do it because you can. Now bend over and kiss your or lick your behind again.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#94 Mar 31, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
ManBearPig is hiding under the bed.
Better call Gorebusters.
A PERFECT depiction of the idiocy of the climate Deniers. They thrive on silly cartoons.
PHD

Thornton, TX

#95 Apr 1, 2013
Yes we appreciate you cartoons of deceptive scientific science fiction climate change.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#97 Apr 2, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Smile, God loves even the worst of us. And he knows that we humans have the power to change the weather or otherwise alter the climate on a planet that He created....right. Humans can't cure the common cold but a handful of liberals are going to alter the atmosphere? Dream on.
There is no God, we can and are altering the climate, and if we don't do something about it, we'll all suffer down the road.

Those are facts; if you choose to ignore them you do so at your peril.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#98 Apr 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no God, we can and are altering the climate, and if we don't do something about it, we'll all suffer down the road.
Those are facts; if you choose to ignore them you do so at your peril.
prove man is altering the climate. Prove man can do anything about it. When you do that....I'll prove some things to you about god.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#99 Apr 2, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>prove man is altering the climate. Prove man can do anything about it. When you do that....I'll prove some things to you about god.
LOL...if I bring you up to speed on well-known scientific facts, you'll lie to me about God?

No thanks.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#100 Apr 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...if I bring you up to speed on well-known scientific facts, you'll lie to me about God?
No thanks.
that was easy. You give up so quickly all the time?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#102 Apr 2, 2013
fetid feces face flip flopper fiend wrote:
You never answered the question.
Not answering the questions of toxic topix AGW deniers is advancing civilization.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#103 Apr 2, 2013
bluntfart wrote:
God loves even the worst of us. And he knows that we humans have the power to change the weather or otherwise alter the climate on a planet that He created....... Dream on.
You agree too, that toxic topix AGW deniers are the worst. Yeah, lots of people never admit their sins, even to themselves.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#104 Apr 2, 2013
ritedownthemiddleofroadgully wrote:
that was easy. You give up so quickly all the time?
Its easy to see the dead-end of anti-science AGW deniers.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#105 Apr 2, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Its easy to see the dead-end of anti-science AGW deniers.
show me the science, son. simple request if you're so smart. bet you're not smart enough to bring forth the facts, though, are you?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#106 Apr 2, 2013
ritedownthemiddleofroadgully wrote:
show me the science, son. simple request if you're so smart. bet you're not smart enough to bring forth the facts, though, are you?
You've had the facts given you. But they crash into your brainwashed political forum. You have no science or mathematics degrees. You don't have any upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skull DEE-plooomaa.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#107 Apr 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>that was easy. You give up so quickly all the time?
Haven't "given up" anything, but I know a troll when I smell one.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#108 Apr 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>show me the science, son. simple request if you're so smart. bet you're not smart enough to bring forth the facts, though, are you?
I mean, if you REALLY wanted to know you'd be looking at the IPCC reports, you'd be looking at climate change sites, you'd be LOOKING at NASA and various academic climate information sites. You wouldn't be demanding "the science" from people on warming boards, would you?

That just reeks of a troll setting up a climate flame war. Seen it over and over.

But hey, just on the off-chance....here are some sites:

http://www.globalissues.org/issue/178/climate...

http://climate.nasa.gov/

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/

http://www.realclimate.org/

There're a few interesting sources to get you started. Bon appetit!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 63,856
News Arctic ice may vanish in 5-7 years (Dec '09) Jun 15 Youhelpfixit 12
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... Jun 14 Into The Night 81
News Remember the Hysteria about Trump-Induced Anti-... Jun 13 Jeff Brightone 1
News The president keeps a solemn promise to put Ame... Jun 3 Only the TRUTH 5
punk girl or punk boy May '17 Andymolly 1
News Finland's Martti Ahtisaari wins Nobel Peace Prize (Oct '08) May '17 Norwegian Supremacy 9
More from around the web