A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To...

A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms

There are 508 comments on the National Public Radio story from Mar 27, 2013, titled A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

By the time today's K-12 students grow up, the challenges posed by climate change are expected to be severe and sweeping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#264 Apr 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
That MUST be where you're "debating," because you have yet to attempt to do so on Topix...:)
pot meet kettle!!:-D

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#265 Apr 22, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>pot meet kettle!!:-D
You're very stupid and dishonest.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#266 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very stupid and dishonest.
I'm sure one of these days an opinion of yours will parallel with reality and fact. But, from where I stand, you're still batting .0000!:-/
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#267 Apr 22, 2013
downthemiddleofthegully wrote:
...... from where I stand, you're still batting .0000!:-/
From outside the field where the game is played, you can't see the score board, can't see what's happenin' at the plate, can't play in the game, or ever had science & mathematics to perform or understand science.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#269 Apr 23, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
From outside the field where the game is played, you can't see the score board, can't see what's happenin' at the plate, can't play in the game, or ever had science & mathematics to perform or understand science.
lol...what's up with this? Is "tha professor" too busy trying to ban pressure cookers now that he sends the "batboy" out to defend him?!?! Heeeheehee

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#270 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure one of these days an opinion of yours will parallel with reality and fact. But, from where I stand, you're still batting .0000!:-/
The trouble is, you're standing in a clue-free zone...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#271 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol...what's up with this? Is "tha professor" too busy trying to ban pressure cookers now that he sends the "batboy" out to defend him?!?! Heeeheehee
Whgoi would need "defense" from a trolling idiot like you? Laughter is pretty much all your posts earn...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#272 Apr 23, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
We celebrated "earth day" by leaving all the lights in the house on for 12 hours, letting our Expedition idle in the driveway, spraying aerosol paints cans and burning a big bonfire using Styrofoam and a couple of mud tires off the old Bronco. Man, that felt good.
Oh yeah, and we also remembered the woman that the creator of "erf day", Ira Einhorn, killed, cut up and stashed in a trunk for a couple of years. Liberals are so kind, loving and warm.....
Oh, quit lying, troll, you know you did NONE of those things. I mean, I know you hate the environment and people who remind you what a scumbag you are, but blathering nonsense only makes you look foolish.

Being a moron is bad enough, you don't need to BRAG about it, IOW...:)

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#273 Apr 23, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The trouble is, you're standing in a clue-free zone...:)
If you're admitting you're clueless.....I must agree with you on this one.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#274 Apr 23, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Whgoi would need "defense" from a trolling idiot like you? Laughter is pretty much all your posts earn...:)
YOU'RE calling ME a troll?!?! haahaa....I can only assume this is your attempt to find common ground.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#275 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>YOU'RE calling ME a troll?!?! haahaa....I can only assume this is your attempt to find common ground.
Why would anyone think there is common ground with a frightwing ignorant teabag troglodyte like you?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#276 Apr 23, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone think there is common ground with a frightwing ignorant teabag troglodyte like you?
i see you don't use them, but did you ever hear of a comma?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#277 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i see you don't use them, but did you ever hear of a comma?
Why would anyone think there is common ground with a frightwing, ignorant, teabag troglodyte, like you? Better?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#278 Apr 23, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone think there is common ground with a frightwing, ignorant, teabag troglodyte, like you? Better?
Very good, Merko!! Now let's see how smart you really are, okay? Are you aware that it's a myth that CO2 is the most common greenhouse gas because greenhouse gases form only about 3% of the atmosphere by volume, and CO2 constitutes merely about .037% of the atmosphere?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#279 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>If you're admitting you're clueless.....I must agree with you on this one.
Um, somehow by saying that YOU'RE clueless, you think I'm "admitting" that I am? Wow...unusually dense and foolish even for you, trolldownthemiddle...
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>YOU'RE calling ME a troll?!?! haahaa....I can only assume this is your attempt to find common ground.
In your case when you assume, you ONLY make an ass out of yourself...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#280 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Very good, Merko!! Now let's see how smart you really are, okay? Are you aware that it's a myth that CO2 is the most common greenhouse gas because greenhouse gases form only about 3% of the atmosphere by volume, and CO2 constitutes merely about .037% of the atmosphere?
Always amusing when an ignorant trolling putz like you pretends to be "smart" and qualified to "test" others about their knowledge - when he doesn't care about the debate in the FIRST place!

Water vapor is the most common contributor to the greenhouse effect. C02, however, is longer-lasting and more important molecule-for-molecule, not to mention that humans are producing ever-increasing amounts of it.

Your percentages look meaningful, but aren't. They lack context, for one thing.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#281 Apr 23, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Always amusing when an ignorant trolling putz like you pretends to be "smart" and qualified to "test" others about their knowledge - when he doesn't care about the debate in the FIRST place!
Water vapor is the most common contributor to the greenhouse effect. C02, however, is longer-lasting and more important molecule-for-molecule, not to mention that humans are producing ever-increasing amounts of it.
Your percentages look meaningful, but aren't. They lack context, for one thing.
well if you're so smart....and by your own admission water vapor is the largest contributor....what will your solutions be? AND how much and how soon will the situation be mitigated? I'm sure you're smart enough to inform the forum on this!!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#282 Apr 23, 2013
The issue of education really strikes home when you seem people like this spouting nonsense in the news blogs.

tinyurl.com/cf398yv

"James Delingpole is a writer, journalist and broadcaster who is right about everything." By James Delingpole....

And that is just the first of his errors...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#283 Apr 23, 2013
P.S. smarty pants,
What will you geniuses propose when carbon credits and the end to fossil fuels don't do the trick?
Kill off aerobic organisms next?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#284 Apr 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>well if you're so smart....and by your own admission water vapor is the largest contributor....what will your solutions be? AND how much and how soon will the situation be mitigated? I'm sure you're smart enough to inform the forum on this!!!
The water in a sinking vessel is the dominant factor in it's sinking. But the hole that lets the water in is a MUCH better target to keep the boat afloat.

Or are you too stupid to understand the difference here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans need to shut down Trump's election ... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 49
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Notliz 61,022
News Hillary Clinton should apologize Aug 13 Jim 3
News Trump bounces into the lead Aug 2 Fit2Serve 399
News Al Gore's daughter due in court after June pipe... Jul 30 RustyS 3
News 'Jill not Hill' - Green Party's Stein seeks San... Jul 30 tina anne 15
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) Jul 28 Lawrence Wolf 81
More from around the web