Gore, Current silent as cleric affirm...

Gore, Current silent as cleric affirms death penalty for leaving Islam on Al-Jazeera

There are 6 comments on the The Daily Caller story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Gore, Current silent as cleric affirms death penalty for leaving Islam on Al-Jazeera. In it, The Daily Caller reports that:

Aides to former Democratic Vice President Al Gore have failed to respond to a recent Al-Jazeera TV broadcast, in which a top imam affirmed the death penalty for anyone who quits Islam ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Caller.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Feb 13, 2013
from The Daily Caller:

"Western critics of Islam highlighted a recent broadcast of the network’s regular 'Shariah and Life' show, which has an estimated audience of 60 million viewers worldwide.

"The show’s host is Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a prominent Sunni Islamic cleric.

"He declared that Islam’s mandated death-penalty for apostasy has kept Islam alive since the 1400s.'If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment Islam wouldn’t exist today ...'"

What does that tell you about islam?

“Athiest”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 13, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
'If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment Islam wouldn’t exist today ...'"

It tells you Islam deos not allow people to think for themselves.

How will Muslims answer that question?

Will Timmy provide the price of fish?

“warning angel of Allah”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from The Daily Caller:
"Western critics of Islam highlighted a recent broadcast of the network’s regular 'Shariah and Life' show, which has an estimated audience of 60 million viewers worldwide.
"The show’s host is Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a prominent Sunni Islamic cleric.
"He declared that Islam’s mandated death-penalty for apostasy has kept Islam alive since the 1400s.'If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment Islam wouldn’t exist today ...'"
I did not hear him say that. However Yusuf Al Qaradawi is not Allah. The fear of God guides my footsteps, not the fear of man or his laws. If the death penalty has kept Islam alive, then please explain how Islam is kept alive in the WEST, where there is no Sharia law ?

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>I did not hear him say that. However Yusuf Al Qaradawi is not Allah. The fear of God guides my footsteps, not the fear of man or his laws. If the death penalty has kept Islam alive, then please explain how Islam is kept alive in the WEST, where there is no Sharia law ?
If islam were of "GOD" then there would be no disagreement amongst its followers, no breaking into sects killing each other, etc.
Ed Moorham

Australia

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Old Pom wrote:
<quoted text>
If islam were of "GOD" then there would be no disagreement amongst its followers, no breaking into sects killing each other, etc.
You're absolutely right, and your argument applies to lots of other religions also.
Probably all of them.

“warning angel of Allah”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Old Pom wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is a follower of Islam? Islam mean peace. If one is not living "peace" then they are not living Islam. "Many in that day shall say lord lord I have done this in your name and that in your name, and he shall say get away from me you workers of aniquity for I have never known you." Clearly there will be so-called religous people who claim to follow God, but will not make the mark. I can't worry about other people, I must live Islam for myself. God will separate the contenders from the pretenders when he comes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Fit2Serve 60,042
News Why Don't Jews and Asian-Americans Like the Rep... Jun 17 USidiotRaceMAKEWO... 5
News After 10 Years, 'An Inconvenient Truth' Is Stil... Jun 1 Into The Night 205
News Obama says climate change a matter of national ... (Dec '08) May 29 Be Careful What Y... 465
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) May 27 Ronald RayGone 79
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... (May '15) May '16 BonBons7522 38
News Finland's Martti Ahtisaari wins Nobel Peace Prize (Oct '08) May '16 Mistresses step kids 8
More from around the web