Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

There are 200 comments on the The Guardian story from Feb 3, 2013, titled Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Former VP tells Andrew Marr Show the internet provides a means to rekindle democracy and purge it of corporate influence Al Gore: 'I think a grassroots movement to demand that politics be opened up, and the role of money be diminished, is ... needed now.' Photograph: D Dipasupil/FilmMagic US democracy has been "hacked" by big business and needs to ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#191 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Well, at least I wasn't a draft dodging, hell no we won't go punk, who hid behind his college professors skirt! My guess, you never even served.
Maybe you weren't but your draftdodging candidate sure was. He supported the war while eating quiche and sucking down bordeaux in Paris. Mittens hid behind his so called Mormon religion. And since you're a buybull thumper, why did you vote for a non christian?

Hypoluxo Fl

#192 Feb 8, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Try again azzwipe. I don't reside in Pa. Let that ISP full you again libtard.
Don't they have caves in PA? Troglodyte teabagger.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#194 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>The hypocracy of conscribtion and forcing young people into war pissing me off big time, which is why I became a Conservative immediately after returning home. The liars, Kennedy and Johnson, sent hundreds to die in a worthless conflict. But we did it because we were told to by McNamara and the rest of those worthless ass wipe democrats. You, like most of your cowardly liberal friends have a tendency to generalize and group all people under all inclusive umbrellas. I never have posted 'cheering for war, in fact, I oppose war, thought Bush's adventures into Iraq and Afganistan were stupid, but, if I was serving in the military, I maybe opposed, but it is not my place to question. People who don't have any dicipline or training in discipline, don't understand that. Jane Fonda and others simply increased and delayed the length of the war, again, they were the best propoganda the Kooks had! You don't know F*** about me or how I dealt with civilian deaths and I won't give the satisfaction of knowing!! The death of those Americans and those civilians killed are on the heads of Kennedy and Johnson and McNamara and the rest of the Democrats who sent us over there to prop up the puppet ass holes in Siagon. I will take my chances with those "hatecrazed" righties who I went to war with before I would trust you to walk me across the street.
I agree completely about neocon Dems like LBJ and McNamara, FWIW. But ifyou'll recall, we on the Left were the ones shouting 'Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today??' It wasn't about Dem or Repub, we hated LBJ and Nixon BOTH. And I still to this day don't trust either party.

Thing is, today's Repubs are simply nutballs, far worse than Dems and the only reason I vote Dem. So don't sign me up for the liberal Dem club, believe me when I say I have plenty of differences with both. I consider myself a leftist.

I don't disagree with you as much as I thought, but to be fair you didn't describe your own politics very well and tend to rant a lot. I'll consider what you've said.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#195 Feb 9, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you weren't but your draftdodging candidate sure was. He supported the war while eating quiche and sucking down bordeaux in Paris. Mittens hid behind his so called Mormon religion. And since you're a buybull thumper, why did you vote for a non christian?
I'd stress the chickenhawk thing - it's not so much that people like Cheney and Romney avoided the draft, but that they turned right around and decided they were good with more wars and sending others off to die. I HATE that.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#196 Feb 9, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>shhhhh you dumb ass, now everyone knows you're a f'in testy breath moron, bad mouthing vets and praising Hanoi Jane? what the hells wrong with you, something very disturbing must of happened to you during your youth.
Get bent, asshat. No one cares about your idiotic, illiterate view of me or anyone else.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#197 Feb 9, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Try again azzwipe. I don't reside in Pa. Let that ISP full you again libtard.
I'm sure Pennsylvania's grateful if that's true, but creeps like you are creeps no matter where they live...:)

Hypoluxo Fl

#198 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd stress the chickenhawk thing - it's not so much that people like Cheney and Romney avoided the draft, but that they turned right around and decided they were good with more wars and sending others off to die. I HATE that.
Not nearly as much as I do. As a vet, the hypocrisy these Sunshine Patriots wallow in disgusts me.
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#199 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely about neocon Dems like LBJ and McNamara, FWIW. But ifyou'll recall, we on the Left were the ones shouting 'Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today??' It wasn't about Dem or Repub, we hated LBJ and Nixon BOTH. And I still to this day don't trust either party.
and the only reason I vote Dem. So don't sign me up for the liberal Dem club, believe me when I say I have plenty of differences with both. I consider myself a leftist.
I don't disagree with you as much as I thought, but to be fair you didn't describe your own politics very well and tend to rant a lot. I'll consider what you've said.
"Thing is, today's Repubs are simply nutballs, far worse than Dems" Pelosi, Reid, Hank Johnson, Debbie W. Shultz, Rangle, John Conyers, Boxer, Diane Feinstein, ect. ect.ect.,The dead ones, Robert "KKK" Byrd and Ted Kennedy. yeah, those are some real sane Dems.
oh I forgot, B. Hussein Obama.
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#200 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Get bent, asshat. No one cares about your idiotic, illiterate view of me or anyone else.
I have to disagree with you on that.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#201 Feb 9, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>"Thing is, today's Repubs are simply nutballs, far worse than Dems" Pelosi, Reid, Hank Johnson, Debbie W. Shultz, Rangle, John Conyers, Boxer, Diane Feinstein, ect. ect.ect.,The dead ones, Robert "KKK" Byrd and Ted Kennedy. yeah, those are some real sane Dems.
oh I forgot, B. Hussein Obama.
Byrd and Kennedy are deceased and don't enter into it.

But yes, I'll match those Dems against the likes of Romney, Ryan, Inhofe, McConnell, Boehner, Issa, etc. etc. etc.

Really, you could name practically ANY Republican and list them as 'R-Nutball.' ;)
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#202 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Byrd and Kennedy are deceased and don't enter into it.
But yes, I'll match those Dems against the likes of Romney, Ryan, Inhofe, McConnell, Boehner, Issa, etc. etc. etc.
Really, you could name practically ANY Republican and list them as 'R-Nutball.' ;)
I know Byrd and Kennedy are dead,that's what I said, geez pay attention. You'll match those republicans against the likes of Hank Johnson who thought Guam would tip over if to many marines were on one end. Pelosi, "we have to pass the bill so the people can see what's in it" Boxer who chided a general about calling her maim at a hearing, Reid who has held up a budget for years, shady deals. Feinstein, just look at what California has become and she's been in there for years as a rep. Professor you are a liberal die-hard democrat no matter how you try to spin it.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#203 Feb 9, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>I know Byrd and Kennedy are dead,that's what I said, geez pay attention. You'll match those republicans against the likes of Hank Johnson who thought Guam would tip over if to many marines were on one end. Pelosi, "we have to pass the bill so the people can see what's in it" Boxer who chided a general about calling her maim at a hearing, Reid who has held up a budget for years, shady deals. Feinstein, just look at what California has become and she's been in there for years as a rep. Professor you are a liberal die-hard democrat no matter how you try to spin it.
Why'd you MENTION them if THEY WERE DEAD? I'll tell you:

Because your side's been deranged about Kennedy (Chappaquiddick!) and Byrd (he was in the KLAN!) for years, and you can't help yourself.

Politicians are a dubious lot, but today's Republicans are perhaps the worst this country's seen. I vote Dem because there's no sane alternative.
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#204 Feb 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your side's been deranged about Kennedy (Chappaquiddick!) and Byrd (he was in the KLAN!) for years, and you can't help yourself.
Politicians are a dubious lot, but today's Republicans are perhaps the worst this country's seen. I vote Dem because there's no sane alternative.
Thank you for reminding me about Mary Jo, ole Ted left her, typical liberal coward, KKK Byrd, they still love him in WV, hell his names on everything. Forgot about Bill Clinton, the womanizer rapist, you liberal democrats still hold him in high regard.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#205 Feb 9, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for reminding me about Mary Jo, ole Ted left her, typical liberal coward, KKK Byrd, they still love him in WV, hell his names on everything. Forgot about Bill Clinton, the womanizer rapist, you liberal democrats still hold him in high regard.
He's dead, so it's irrelevant. Of course Mr. Clinton has never even been arrested, indicted, or tried for "rape," much less found guilty, so I have to assume that's a lie.

Are you planning to excuse Vitter (R-Whoremongering), Craig (R-Toetapping), and Foley (R-Pageboymolesting) for their offenses, or just gloss over those and many other GOPee scandals? Just wondered...:)
DaveTV

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#208 Feb 10, 2013
He made a good choice to sell his tv channel to people who have the same values as himself also...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#209 Feb 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you weren't but your draftdodging candidate sure was. He supported the war while eating quiche and sucking down bordeaux in Paris. Mittens hid behind his so called Mormon religion. And since you're a buybull thumper, why did you vote for a non christian?
Show me the post where I voted for Romney? There is nothing wrong with the Morman religion, they preach discipline, devotion, living a good life and helping others. I see no reason to be concern about them, it is those who are not grounded I am concern about!

Location hidden

#210 Feb 11, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, Economics? The War? Jobs? What issues were the ones that pushed you over the top to vote for the Dems?
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#211 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>OK, Economics? The War? Jobs? What issues were the ones that pushed you over the top to vote for the Dems?
Let me answer that for the Prof., His hatred for the country!

Location hidden

#212 Feb 11, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Let me answer that for the Prof., His hatred for the country!
Well, that is highly doubtful, my guess is it maybe a little more intellectual than that!

Hypoluxo Fl

#213 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>Show me the post where I voted for Romney? There is nothing wrong with the Morman religion, they preach discipline, devotion, living a good life and helping others. I see no reason to be concern about them, it is those who are not grounded I am concern about!
So you voted for Rosanne Barr?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Climate change computer models totally "wrong" ... 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 5
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... Sun Patriot AKA Bozo 224
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News 'An Inconvenient Sequel' finds Al Gore still wo... Sep 22 Al Who 1
News Climate Crazies Finally Admit 'We Were Wrong Ab... Sep 21 Too Funny 2
News Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm... Sep 10 Pope Benedictum 32
News The Zionist Leader Who Can't Quit Steve Bannon Aug 31 lavon affair 1
More from around the web