Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

There are 202 comments on the The Guardian story from Feb 3, 2013, titled Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Former VP tells Andrew Marr Show the internet provides a means to rekindle democracy and purge it of corporate influence Al Gore: 'I think a grassroots movement to demand that politics be opened up, and the role of money be diminished, is ... needed now.' Photograph: D Dipasupil/FilmMagic US democracy has been "hacked" by big business and needs to ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#140 Feb 6, 2013
geez harv, you're outta control today. take a xanax and settle down

Location hidden

#141 Feb 6, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct in pointing out the right turn the country has taken in the last 30 years. If you look at the long term picture the right and left have taken turns being the dominate philosophy. These cycles last about 30- 50 years. The robber barons followed Lincoln, and were followed by The Progressives at the turn of the century. Then came corporate rule in the era following World War One . Followed by FDR, followed by the Reagan era.
Each change of direction has been marked by radicalism in the leading philosophy. This radicalism destroys credibility with moderate voters.
In the 1960's flag burning lefties turned the pendulum right ward.
Now the radicalism of the hard core right has ended rightward progress. The pendulum has started a left movement.
The damage done to our country during the last few decades can be reversed.
Keep you spirits the good guys are finally winning
Can you share what your smoking?? Is it even legal where you live?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#142 Feb 6, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
geez harv, you're outta control today. take a xanax and settle down
Get lost, troll.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#143 Feb 6, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Can you share what your smoking?? Is it even legal where you live?
Another brilliant rebuttal from you, I see. Can't spell, can't think, can't rebut arguments....what are you DOING here?:)
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#144 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for admitting you hate him for breaking the 'color barrier' and living in a white neighborhood. More evidence that you are, in fact, a racist.
I don't hate Wright, hell I don't even hate you. I don't blame Wright for his decision, after preaching for decades to this group of Parishioners He made the decision where he and his family would be safe.

Location hidden

#145 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another brilliant rebuttal from you, I see. Can't spell, can't think, can't rebut arguments....what are you DOING here?:)
The better question would be what are you doing here, your mindless rants and unsupported left wing tirades have most on here simply laughing at you! You are simply taking us space until it is time to go to sleep, right?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#146 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>The better question would be what are you doing here, your mindless rants and unsupported left wing tirades have most on here simply laughing at you! You are simply taking us space until it is time to go to sleep, right?
Funny li'l meltdown there, Junior.

Get back to us if you ever have anything intelligent to say,'kay?

Good deal.:)

Location hidden

#147 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny li'l meltdown there, Junior.
Get back to us if you ever have anything intelligent to say,'kay?
Good deal.:)
Don't bother, I doubt you will be able to add, at any level, to the conversation!
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#148 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
He was calling on God to damn America's racism, and I completely agree with him. Evidently you either don't understand our long, racist past or else you are a racist yourself, not sure which.
The phrase "radical liberal fascist" is so laughably dumb I see no reason to go on with your idiotic post. You have no credibility, obviously.
Yeah well Obama left Reverend Wrights church. Didn't he. Something about something he didn't agree with.

No he left because what Reverend Wright said might hurt him politically.

Your long racist past. No one alive today was a slave or a slave owner.

The slaves were sold by their own people. But just the ones that weren't worth a shit.

Wright preaches that the white man is imposing his views on the African culture. The rich white elite.

Wright should lead the soldiers back to Africa but watch out for the mass killings and aids.

Location hidden

#149 Feb 6, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well Obama left Reverend Wrights church. Didn't he. Something about something he didn't agree with.
The slaves were sold by their own people. But just the ones that weren't worth a shit.
Wright preaches that the white man is imposing his views on the African culture. The rich white elite.
Wright should lead the soldiers back to Africa but watch out for the mass killings and aids.
Most liberals who use the term racist for anyone and anything that opposed the Messiah, Mr Obama are, for the most part, white, guilt ridden males.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#151 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Don't bother, I doubt you will be able to add, at any level, to the conversation!
Hint, li'l fella: a conversation is an exchange of views, while your posts to me are just enraged meltdowns with no actual content.

You've "added" nothing to these discussions so far. Try harder.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#152 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Most liberals who use the term racist for anyone and anything that opposed the Messiah, Mr Obama are, for the most part, white, guilt ridden males.
See? This is what I mean. Your post is a ridiculous strawman with no basis in fact. Most "liberals" use the term "racist" to describe race-based bigotry or race-baiting commentary by the right.

Mr. Obama isn't a "messiah," no one has really claimed he is but righties, and white people who voted for him are not "white, guilt-ridden males."

Your post itself sounds like a nasty piece of race-baiting.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#153 Feb 7, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he left it for political reasons. But the criticisms of Wright were unjust and wrong.

Your other comments are themselves racist and disgusting. Go to hell, Klansman.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#155 Feb 7, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>If you spent half the time educating yourself as you do posting lies and nonsense you might be salvageable but I doubt it.
ALWAYS amusing when a troll like you demands that others "educate themselves" or stop "posting lies and nonsense."

Educated you are not, but full of lies and nonsense you certainly have always been...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#157 Feb 7, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Your stupidity is amusing azzwipe.
LOL...even your rebuttals are lame.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#158 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Most liberals who use the term racist for anyone and anything that opposed the Messiah, Mr Obama are, for the most part, white, guilt ridden males.
I don't know any messiahs. It is obviously a buybull thumping frightwing teabag thing.

Hypoluxo Fl

#159 Feb 7, 2013
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Your stupidity is amusing azzwipe.
Yours isn't, but your ignorance is.

Location hidden

#162 Feb 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
See? This is what I mean. Your post is a ridiculous strawman with no basis in fact. Most "liberals" use the term "racist" to describe race-based bigotry or race-baiting commentary by the right.
Mr. Obama isn't a "messiah," no one has really claimed he is but righties, and white people who voted for him are not "white, guilt-ridden males."
Your post itself sounds like a nasty piece of race-baiting.
Hey pissant, you don't like my posts, don't read them. the post you responded to wasn't even direct at you but in response to another brain warped liberal with little to contribute. The Race card is that of the Liberals, they owned it. It started with Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Herman Cain. The vulgarity spewed by the liberal in an attempt to demonize these people, all reputable public servants, all entirely black, by the way, not half and half, as Mr. Obama, was strictly racist. The problem with liberals, they don't like it when they get some of their own medicine shoved back at them. They think they set the rules and officiate the game, but they don't. So pissant, keep right on babbling about spell and grammar errors. Keep drinking the koolaid and paying the price for your liberal idiots in DC. OH and by the way, check the last 10 post you made, nothing but insults and gibberish, you reap what you sow!

Location hidden

#163 Feb 7, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know any messiahs. It is obviously a buybull thumping frightwing teabag thing.
Talk to your Jewish friends, they will explain it to you. Although I doubt you'll understand!

Hypoluxo Fl

#164 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Talk to your Jewish friends, they will explain it to you. Although I doubt you'll understand!
Wow, Jewish buybull thumpers. Whod'a thunk it. Only a teabagger

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min OzRitz 60,006
News Why Don't Jews and Asian-Americans Like the Rep... Jun 17 USidiotRaceMAKEWO... 5
News After 10 Years, 'An Inconvenient Truth' Is Stil... Jun 1 Into The Night 205
News Obama says climate change a matter of national ... (Dec '08) May 29 Be Careful What Y... 465
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) May 27 Ronald RayGone 79
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... (May '15) May 25 BonBons7522 38
News Finland's Martti Ahtisaari wins Nobel Peace Prize (Oct '08) May '16 Mistresses step kids 8
More from around the web