Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

There are 202 comments on the The Guardian story from Feb 3, 2013, titled Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Former VP tells Andrew Marr Show the internet provides a means to rekindle democracy and purge it of corporate influence Al Gore: 'I think a grassroots movement to demand that politics be opened up, and the role of money be diminished, is ... needed now.' Photograph: D Dipasupil/FilmMagic US democracy has been "hacked" by big business and needs to ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72 Feb 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to spell "Constitution," idiot. Never said I spelled everything perfectly.
Fortunately, I do spell most things right, unlike you, but I DON'T lie, BS, spam, troll, cut n' paste, babble, stalk, or barf out partisan hatred 24/7/365.
Those things I leave to you....:)
Go away harvey, you're getting boring again.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#74 Feb 4, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, two frauds and two cronic liars would be a normal pick for the left.
touche....Au Contraire
sour grapes makes a bitter whine

who is your dream team

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#77 Feb 5, 2013
US democracy has long been dead. Liberalism is dead in USA. Richard Nixon was to the left of Obama on healthcare. Richard Nixon was to the left of Obama on guaranteed income equality. Richard Nixon was to the left of Obama on foreign policy. The finale nail in the US coffin was Citizens United ruling in 2010 which sealed USA's fate. USA is now a corpse with two political parities, the Democrats and Republicans, both dominated by corporations.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#78 Feb 5, 2013
Why isn't the corrupt American media demanding to see Gore's divorce records? If it were George and Laura they'd still have the divorce records printed on the front page of every newspaper across the country.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#79 Feb 5, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
US democracy has long been dead. Liberalism is dead in USA. Richard Nixon was to the left of Obama on healthcare. Richard Nixon was to the left of Obama on guaranteed income equality. Richard Nixon was to the left of Obama on foreign policy. The finale nail in the US coffin was Citizens United ruling in 2010 which sealed USA's fate. USA is now a corpse with two political parities, the Democrats and Republicans, both dominated by corporations.
So...besides whining about both parties...what's YOUR solution??

Oh right, you don't have one.

Next!!

Buffalo, NY

#81 Feb 5, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
you are correct in pointing out the right turn the country has taken in the last 30 years. If you look at the long term picture the right and left have taken turns being the dominate philosophy. These cycles last about 30- 50 years. The robber barons followed Lincoln, and were followed by The Progressives at the turn of the century. Then came corporate rule in the era following World War One . Followed by FDR, followed by the Reagan era.
Each change of direction has been marked by radicalism in the leading philosophy. This radicalism destroys credibility with moderate voters.
In the 1960's flag burning lefties turned the pendulum right ward.
Now the radicalism of the hard core right has ended rightward progress. The pendulum has started a left movement.
The damage done to our country during the last few decades can be reversed.
Keep you spirits the good guys are finally winning

au contraire

Location hidden

#82 Feb 5, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
touche....Au Contraire
sour grapes makes a bitter whine
who is your dream team
Rubio/Ryan

au contraire

Location hidden

#83 Feb 5, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Let's see......the running total now is a photoshopped COLB, a fake Social Security number, a fake selective service card and now a fake photo of him skeet shooting. What a man.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#84 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Go away harvey, you're getting boring again.
Calling me 'harvey' doesn't hide the FACT that you are multi-ID spammer also posting as le Jimbo and others. Typical evasion from you, in fact.

Hell, call me 'frank,' it won't make you anything but a troll...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#85 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see......the running total now is a photoshopped COLB, a fake Social Security number, a fake selective service card and now a fake photo of him skeet shooting. What a man.
The running total of proofs for thos claims by you is currently ZERO.

The FIRST one you can prove will be the first one, period. Want to get started? Or will you keep lying and spamming these?:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#86 Feb 5, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Why isn't the corrupt American media demanding to see Gore's divorce records? If it were George and Laura they'd still have the divorce records printed on the front page of every newspaper across the country.
Why would anyone care about his "divorce records?" Are you claiming he's not really divorced, like your buddies in the Birther movement claim Obama isn't American?

That's right....it's the wingnut side that's always clamoring for records no one cares about but them.
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
So...besides whining about both parties...what's YOUR solution??
Oh right, you don't have one.
Next!!
We know YOU only whine about ONE party, another indication of your partisan dishonesty.

As to your "solutions," well.....LOL

Buffalo, NY

#87 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Rubio/Ryan
fair enough if the GOP forgives Rubio for his role in co-operating with Democrats and the President on immigration reform he would be the most potent GOP candidate. He may be other than Christie the only GOP'ers that i believe could win...
Ryan as a Veep candidate in back to back elections may not be the best choice...
Your Ex

United States

#88 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Rubio/Ryan
Good choice.
Lyin' Ryan will be looking for a job come Jan 2015

au contraire

Location hidden

#89 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling me 'harvey' doesn't hide the FACT that you are multi-ID spammer also posting as le Jimbo and others. Typical evasion from you, in fact.
Hell, call me 'frank,' it won't make you anything but a troll...:)
I didn't stay calling you Harvey hid anything pookie. It's just the truth. All you liberals accuse others of doing what you did for years as part of the Hitler (oops) Obama Youth movement.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#90 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't stay calling you Harvey hid anything pookie. It's just the truth. All you liberals accuse others of doing what you did for years as part of the Hitler (oops) Obama Youth movement.
No, you call me 'Harvey' in order to pretend I'm like you, a multi-named, spamming troll who posts under different names to waste everyone's time. It's a fake equivalency, like your sick, slanderous comparison of Obama to Hitler.

Creep.

au contraire

Location hidden

#91 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you call me 'Harvey' in order to pretend I'm like you, a multi-named, spamming troll who posts under different names to waste everyone's time. It's a fake equivalency, like your sick, slanderous comparison of Obama to Hitler.
Creep.
I didn't pretend anything pookie. You are an idiot and I can't fix that. You need to go back to BurgerKing, you peaked there on your lifs calling.
Independent

Grissom Afb, IN

#92 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Creep.
Testy, testy breath, liberals are suppose to be caring and understanding, you need to calm down and behave. If I'm not mistaken Bush was compared to Hitler so what.s the big deal, also liberals compared Condoleezza Rice to aunt Jemima, in print, called her and and any black that was a republican "Uncle Tom" I don't get you liberals, you can dish it out but can't take it, crybaby take your ball and go home.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#93 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Creep.
geez harv, dont take it personal, it aint real, its just topix

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#94 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone care about his "divorce records?"
Yeah right, if it were George and Laura you people would demand to know why? When? Where? What? How. The point is, the corrupt American media sweeps things under the rug when it comes to liberals and yet have no problem embarressing Republicans, dragging them through the mud especially while theyre going thru tragic events in their lives such as a divorce.

Get it now, dummy??

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#95 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't pretend anything pookie. You are an idiot and I can't fix that. You need to go back to BurgerKing, you peaked there on your lifs calling.
Nice job of NOT contradicting a single claim I made. They stand as facts, then.

Oh, and a simple comparison of my writing with yours will give a pretty good indication of whose life peaked during their career at Burger King....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vice President's Daughter Karenna Gore Arrested... 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 60,155
News Why Don't Jews and Asian-Americans Like the Rep... Jun 17 USidiotRaceMAKEWO... 5
News After 10 Years, 'An Inconvenient Truth' Is Stil... Jun 1 Into The Night 205
News Obama says climate change a matter of national ... (Dec '08) May '16 Be Careful What Y... 465
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) May '16 Ronald RayGone 79
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... (May '15) May '16 BonBons7522 38
More from around the web