Al Gore: US democracy has been hacked

Feb 3, 2013 Full story: The Guardian 202

Former VP tells Andrew Marr Show the internet provides a means to rekindle democracy and purge it of corporate influence Al Gore: 'I think a grassroots movement to demand that politics be opened up, and the role of money be diminished, is ... needed now.' Photograph: D Dipasupil/FilmMagic US democracy has been "hacked" by big business and needs to ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#235 Feb 14, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Jessie was Seal, a Governor and an Actor, not necessarily in that order! The choice, Romney, Obama, Ventura,,, I went with the brightest one!!(Sarcasim for the libs)
I used to have respect for the guy because of his service to our country. As time went on, I learned that head of his hit the mat one to many times. He became a conspiracy nut and a truther. Last I heard he doesn't even live here anymore. He lives in Mexico.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#236 Feb 14, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are disgusted with politics, some believe the outcomes of elections are irrelevent that the behemoth called the USA steers it's self.
No, the problem is we have way too much entertainment today. Most people know more about their favorite American Idol than they do their Congressman or Senator. We spend a lot of time on the internet, video games, cell texting, FaceBook, NetFlix, but not politics or issues.

It takes a lot of time to understand politics. It requires a lot of listening, a lot of reading, a lot of research. Most people won't dedicate that kind of time, and the sad thing these are the people who actually decide elections.

Sure. they may tune in for important events like the State of Idiocy the other night, or perhaps Presidential debates. That's fine, but a person involved in politics will likely watch these things too while screaming BULLSHIP every five or ten minutes. The rest just sit there and believe what they hear.

The mainstream is CBS, NBC and ABC. While their news audience has been falling the last couple of years, their ratings are far above any of the cable news networks including Fox.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min IBdaMann 49,324
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... Dec 21 Obamakare is goo... 32
UN climate talks deadlocked over scope of pledges Dec 15 Grubers and Grube... 2
Global Warming vs. Climate Change: What Does Ob... Nov '14 Cordwainer Trout 2
5 Reasons why global warming also known as clim... Nov '14 Earthling-1 198
Unknown election outcome is stocks' big fear Nov '14 barefoot2626 52
More on the global warming thing (Dec '09) Nov '14 Earthling-1 408
More from around the web