Al Jazeera acquires Al Gore's Current TV

Al Jazeera acquires Al Gore's Current TV

There are 212 comments on the CBS News story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Al Jazeera acquires Al Gore's Current TV. In it, CBS News reports that:

Al-Jazeera, the Pan-Arab news channel that struggled to win space on American cable television, has acquired Current TV, boosting its reach nearly ninefold to about 40 million homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Dan Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#130 Jan 4, 2013
Current gets 41,000 viewers on an average night. Al Jazerra got screwed. They bought something for $500 million which has no value. They are as stupid as a bunch of brain dead "calif" democrats. And, you can't be any stupider than the morons who vote for "calif" democrats.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#131 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish. All lies unless you think you can prove a word of it, which I know you can't.

Quit lying, liar.
I don't need to because it is all over the Internet and the news. Even the NY Times is the ones who borked the story. All true as I always post the truth
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#132 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>I see you lying again. Why's that?
no the truth
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#133 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>You're lying again, please stop. Smearing and slandering others will never make you right....just right-wing.
truth isn't a smear or a slander. Look it up

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#134 Jan 4, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to because it is all over the Internet and the news. Even the NY Times is the ones who borked the story. All true as I always post the truth
Pfffft! you owe me a new keyboard for that one, dude!
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#135 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Icited what I had said. I said nothing about the "scenario that got Gore ahead," that was you, and was a statement of partisan bias.
Naturally, you ONLY pay attention to scenarios that resulted in a Bush victory, your only aim...and ignore the shenanigans which brought the polling in Florida to the point where the USSC intervened.
America suffered as a result of Bush's election. But to you, only the result matters - party first, country last. As always.
Bush winning the election isn't a scenario, it actually happened. That isn't bias, it's fact. And any "shenanigans" that required SCOTUS intervention were started by Dems who couldn't accept the fact their man lost.

It's sad that 12 years later you still can't accept that, and sore loser talk about "the SCOTUS making the popular vote irrelevant" is not only inaccurate, but of course shows your own immense bias and partisanship.

As far as the country "suffering" under Bush, I'll use the ol' Obama excuse "But things would have been so much worse had the other guy won"

LOL
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#136 Jan 4, 2013
oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Bush winning the election isn't a scenario, it actually happened. That isn't bias, it's fact. And any "shenanigans" that required SCOTUS intervention were started by Dems who couldn't accept the fact their man lost.

It's sad that 12 years later you still can't accept that, and sore loser talk about "the SCOTUS making the popular vote irrelevant" is not only inaccurate, but of course shows your own immense bias and partisanship.

As far as the country "suffering" under Bush, I'll use the ol' Obama excuse "But things would have been so much worse had the other guy won"

LOL
they don't like to bring up that every liberal group in existence went there to count votes to prove Gore won and ALL the recounts had Bush as the winner. Every one of them

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#137 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't understand that he's not Jewish, do you old fella?
LOL
The person who called him Jewish is the issue. The WH game is moving at full speed.
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#138 Jan 4, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
they don't like to bring up that every liberal group in existence went there to count votes to prove Gore won and ALL the recounts had Bush as the winner. Every one of them
Some of the more creative ones had Gore ahead and that's what they are still focused on 12 years later.

Some of the more deranged insist Bush also stole the 2004 election somehow.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#139 Jan 4, 2013
oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Some of the more creative ones had Gore ahead and that's what they are still focused on 12 years later.

Some of the more deranged insist Bush also stole the 2004 election somehow.
CBS that bastion of liberalism did one and they even had Bush winning. The fact that this person is still arguing this shows he is insane. And just think about what kind of president gore would have been. He would have almost have been as bad as obammy
trans mike pooosy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#140 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious, I had forgotten all about old Blubberman.
dat is very funnie pic COer!! it's that called ONE horse power...it's is booteefool pic...thx! ;-000
Drink the hive

New York, NY

#141 Jan 4, 2013
My First Experiment Is Gonna Be Half Hot Water - Then Juice, 3/4 Pineapple - 1/4 Orange With A Little Bit Of Fresh Lemon...

http://hinduhumanrights.info/wp-content/uploa...

Cat74

United States

#142 Jan 4, 2013
Al jazeera is anti-American,a terrorist outlet, and anti-Semetic. Perfect for our Muslim symathizers in the Obama Administration. How many of the Democrats realize how bad this looks for them?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#145 Jan 5, 2013
"More money than brains"?

Is that why Glenn Beck tried to buy the same station last year?
Therealnews com

Garden City, NY

#148 Jan 5, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know no such thing. I do know the conservative point of view has built the most successful, wealthy country the world has ever seen and dems are busy destroying it.
I also know when the non producers and sponges outnumber the producers we are finished.
Twenty-five people at the heart of the meltdown
26 January 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/bwrl8l

The worst economic turmoil since the Great Depression is not a natural phenomenon but a man-made disaster in which we all played a part. In the second part of a week-long series looking behind the slump, Guardian City editor Julia Finch picks out the individuals who have led us into the current crisis

1. Alan Greenspan, chairman of US Federal Reserve 1987- 2006 2. Mervyn King, governor of the Bank of England 3. Bill Clinton, former US president 4. Gordon Brown, prime minister 5. George W Bush, former US president 6. Senator Phil Gramm 7. Abby Cohen, Goldman Sachs chief US strategist 8. Kathleen Corbet, former CEO, Standard & Poor's 9. Hank" Greenberg, AIG insurance group 10. Andy Hornby, former HBOS boss
11. Sir Fred Goodwin, former RBS boss 12. Steve Crawshaw, former B&B boss

13. Adam Applegarth, former Northern Rock boss 14. Dick Fuld, Lehman Brothers chief executive 15. Ralph Cioffi and Matthew Tannin 16. Lewis Ranieri 17. Joseph Cassano, AIG Financial Products 18. Chuck Prince, former Citi boss 19. Angelo Mozilo, Countrywide Financial 20. Stan O'Neal, former boss of Merrill Lynch
21. Jimmy Cayne, former Bear Stearns boss 22. Christopher Dodd, chairman, Senate banking committee 23. Geir Haarde, Icelandic prime minister 24. The American public
25. John Tiner, FSA chief executive, 2003-07 26. Andrew Lahde 27. John Paulson, hedge fund boss 28. Professor Nouriel Roubini 29. Warren Buffett, billionaire investor 30. George Soros, speculator 31. Stephen Eismann, hedge fund manager 32. Meredith Whitney, Oppenheimer Securities

The bankruptcy barons
27 January 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/bb9fax
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#149 Jan 5, 2013
Do they use chad ballots in Egypt and Saudi Arabia?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#151 Jan 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Al jazeera is anti-American,a terrorist outlet, and anti-Semetic. Perfect for our Muslim symathizers in the Obama Administration. How many of the Democrats realize how bad this looks for them?
The Secretary of State was the first big government insider to cash in on a,'go soft on the m.Brotherhood' position. Hil paved the way.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#152 Jan 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
They are counting on people forgetting by the next election cycle come 2014. Sad thing is most people will have forgot about this by then.

Since: Oct 08

#154 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Do they use chad ballots in Egypt and Saudi Arabia?
No they use chad ballots in Chad!
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#156 Jan 5, 2013
This yet another example of the extreme hypocrisy on the left and their questionable allegiances.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans need to shut down Trump's election ... 1 hr Just Think 67
News Take a stand to fight climate change 4 hr Actual Science 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Earthling-1 61,051
News Your vote doesn't count 16 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Hillary Clinton should apologize Aug 13 Jim 3
News Trump bounces into the lead Aug 2 Fit2Serve 398
News Al Gore's daughter due in court after June pipe... Jul 30 RustyS 3
More from around the web