Al Jazeera acquires Al Gore's Current TV

Al Jazeera acquires Al Gore's Current TV

There are 212 comments on the CBS News story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Al Jazeera acquires Al Gore's Current TV. In it, CBS News reports that:

Al-Jazeera, the Pan-Arab news channel that struggled to win space on American cable television, has acquired Current TV, boosting its reach nearly ninefold to about 40 million homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Shhhh...don't tell anyone FauxNews Network is already partly owned by Saudi/Muslim Prince. The country that gave us Bin Laden and his family members.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Jan 2, 2013
The Saudi billionaire, Al-waleed bin Talal, is a friend of News Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch and controls an influential number of voting shares in the company.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Late Wednesday, Brian Stelter with the New York Times broke the news that Al Jazeera would be acquiring progressive cable news network Current TV. Al Jazeera had been seeking entry into the U.S. market, and the deal will allow them to put their own programming on in place of Current on televisions across the country. But the Wall Street Journal has uncovered an interesting piece of information: Glenn Beck and TheBlaze TV tried to purchase the network and were rejected.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#4 Jan 2, 2013
There will be subtitles!
Tea V

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
There will be subtitles!
no wonthe Obama using the OLED TV on Bill clinton donation for Wal-mart LCD,LED!! ;-0000h, just Bushmaster own Tea V?;-000
Tea V

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Jan 2, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Shhhh...don't tell anyone FauxNews Network is already partly owned by Saudi/Muslim Prince. The country that gave us Bin Laden and his family members.
i cun"t not read the closed caption!! I love apple TV/siri!!
;-0000
XXX13

United States

#7 Jan 2, 2013
I hope the FCC shuts them down.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#8 Jan 3, 2013
I did not know Muslims cared so much about Polar Bears.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Al sold his network to a bunch of arab muslims?

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#10 Jan 3, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I thought you saide this was a free country, did you not?

BTW - when Faux News reclaims the shares the Saudi's own, you can talk chit about what Al Gore did.

Ever hear of a double standard numbnuts?

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Jan 3, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you saide this was a free country, did you not?
BTW - when Faux News reclaims the shares the Saudi's own, you can talk chit about what Al Gore did.
Ever hear of a double standard numbnuts?
It doesn't bother you that the m an that was once VP and 'this close' to Prez, would be doing business with people that hate us?

I guess that tells me all I need to know about you.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#12 Jan 3, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has announced plans to launch a 24-hour Arabic-language news channel in partnership with Rupert Murdoch's Fox network.

Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, former editor in chief of Alwatan newspaper and a media adviser to Prince Turki Al-Faisal at Saudi embassies in London and Washington D.C., will head the station.

Prince Alwaleed's new channel will compete for Arab viewers with well-established networks Al Arabiya and Al Jazeera. He did not name the channel, which will build a network of Arab correspondents.

Rupert.

The muslim teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#13 Jan 3, 2013
How many times will Rannity mispronounce his boss's name?

#14 Jan 3, 2013
not a big deal since no one watch current tv anyway...which is worse pmsnbc or current...it's a toss up for crap
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 3, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
How many times will Rannity mispronounce his boss's name?
How many times will you keep farting until even you can't stand the stink?

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Jan 3, 2013
Will Al Jareza use women in Bhurkas to report the news? If so, I'll stick with the blonde bombshells that Fox uses.

pickup lines in Muslim bars.....
Hey baby, show me....your toes?
Hey baby, show me....the bridge of your nose?

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Jan 3, 2013
Skuttlebutt wrote:
not a big deal since no one watch current tv anyway...which is worse pmsnbc or current...it's a toss up for crap
I've never even heard of it until now...what events do they broadcast?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#18 Jan 3, 2013
Just as long as al Jeezera doesn't
take any viewership away from the
Fox News, Bullsh*t & Propaganda Bubble.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#19 Jan 3, 2013
Six Degrees of Separation.
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#20 Jan 3, 2013
Too bad Keith Olbermann doesn't still work for Current TV.

Keith's often public contempt for those he works for vs. Progressives general cowardice in confronting Muslims about anything would make for riveting drama!

Every day we would see in his face the conflict of one dying to lash out yet restrained by the code of Progressivism!

Who am I kidding, he'd just take out his frustrations on the limo driver like he usually does.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Into The Night 62,340
News Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New Y... 12 hr Pope Out To Pasture 65
News Warning against carbon tariffs (Jul '09) Tue IB DaMann 23
News Former Vice President Al Gore arrives at Trump ... Tue Buns9136 7
News Israel's Election and America's Utterly Classle... (Mar '15) Dec 1 Jesus Follower 4
News Should popular vote replace electoral college i... Dec 1 GloriusGoodness 30
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... (May '15) Nov 28 Reagan jr 46
More from around the web