Should Kentucky allow idiots to vote?...

Should Kentucky allow idiots to vote? [Opinion: The Arena]

There are 24 comments on the Louisville.com story from Feb 5, 2012, titled Should Kentucky allow idiots to vote? [Opinion: The Arena]. In it, Louisville.com reports that:

By now you've probably heard about the bill pending in the General Assembly which, if passed, will allow Kentucky voters to decide whether to amend the state's constitution and allow convicted felons to vote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Louisville.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert Vance

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Idiots should not be allowed to vote. When if they do vote, then probably some political party took advantage

It is very questionable whether nurshing residents should vote, even though their are
some that need this chance !
great question

Waynesburg, KY

#2 Feb 24, 2012
Everyone should be forced to take an IQ Test before they vote. They should also have to take a test on the issues that are effecting the United States. Test should be English only (since this is the United States) and only legal United States Citizens with 2 forms of correct identification should be able to vote.

“'We The People'”

Since: Dec 06

Yeadon, PA

#3 Feb 24, 2012
Can't stop them from voting; look at all the ones who voted for Obama!
Nobama 2012

Waynesburg, KY

#4 Feb 24, 2012
So Obama wants the dead vote, the illegal immigrant vote and now the convicted felon vote? There's nothing democrats won't stoop to.

Excerpt from this article:
"It appears that 186,348 convicted felons call the Commonwealth home, and the Democrats in Frankfort feel that depriving them of the franchise is somehow unfair. This has nothing to do with the prevailing suspicion that most of these miscreants would register Democrat if given the chance.

Problem is, Section 145 of Kentucky’s Constitution contains the following provision:

The following persons … shall not have the right to vote:

1. Persons convicted of treason, felony or bribery in an election, or of a high misdemeanor as determined by the General Assembly. Those excluded may be restored to their civil rights by executive pardon.

2. Persons who, at the time of the election, are in confinement under the judgment of a court for some penal offense.

3. Idiots and insane persons.

Clearly, this prohibition is anachronistic and racist. According to statistics from the League of Women Voters, nearly one in four African Americans is banned from Kentucky’s polls because of those restrictions, compared with one of every 17 Kentuckians overall. The reason for this disparity, of course, is that African Americans commit felonies at a rate grossly disproportionate to their numbers."
rojopa wrote:
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#5 Feb 24, 2012
rojopa wrote:
Osama Bin Laden would agree with you on that ...
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#6 Feb 24, 2012
great question wrote:
Everyone should be forced to take an IQ Test before they vote. They should also have to take a test on the issues that are effecting the United States. Test should be English only (since this is the United States) and only legal United States Citizens with 2 forms of correct identification should be able to vote.
where in the Constitution does it say that?
great question

Waynesburg, KY

#7 Feb 24, 2012
I never said that was written in the Constitution I gave my opinion. "Should Kentucky allow idiots to vote?[Opinion: The Arena" That's what this thread is for.
Whether it was in the Constitution or not though the Obama administration would ignore it anyway as they have done with so many other things.
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
where in the Constitution does it say that?
rocky

Bowling Green, OH

#8 Feb 24, 2012
great question wrote:
I guess that leaves you out because you don't know the difference between effects and affects.LOL!

“'We The People'”

Since: Dec 06

Yeadon, PA

#9 Feb 25, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Osama Bin Laden would agree with you on that ...
Oh please, spare me! Obama is the worst thing that could happen to America!
great question

Waynesburg, KY

#11 Feb 25, 2012
So pety. Wasn't aware you were a real man of genius! Even the dumbest of people can offer an opinion. Spelling errors doesn't make you ignorant nor an idiot especially one that is so commonly done. This is only Topix not an actual test. Furthermore, spelling a word wrong doesn't mean you don't know the definition of it.
rocky wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that leaves you out because you don't know the difference between effects and affects.LOL!
rocky

Bowling Green, OH

#12 Feb 25, 2012
great question wrote:
So pety. Wasn't aware you were a real man of genius! Even the dumbest of people can offer an opinion. Spelling errors doesn't make you ignorant nor an idiot especially one that is so commonly done. This is only Topix not an actual test. Furthermore, spelling a word wrong doesn't mean you don't know the definition of it.
<quoted text>
I hope that the average person from Kentucky has better grammatical skills than you.It cracks me up to think that you want everyone to take an IQ test and you can hardly write a complete sentence.
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#13 Feb 25, 2012
rojopa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he certainly is the worst thing that has happened to Bin Laden.... and al qaeda......
Sam Elliott

Anderson, CA

#15 Mar 16, 2012
If you stop idiots from voting in Kentucky the polls would be empty.
Sam Elliott

Anderson, CA

#16 Mar 16, 2012
Kentucky helped put Obama in office.....Nuff said....
Carolyn

Russellville, KY

#18 Mar 17, 2012
Truthfully you all sound like idiots! Everyone should be able to vote no matter what.
MAD

Owensboro, KY

#19 Mar 18, 2012
Why would you call someone a idiot because they made a wrong choice. Not saying what they did was right.

Since: Mar 12

United States

#20 Mar 22, 2012
Voting is the right of every (legal) citizen in the United states; Unless they have a criminal record and have not reinstated their legal rights. My personal opinion is: no idiots should not have a right to vote nor should they be allowed in polite company but that is just me.
Rush

Richland, MI

#21 Mar 24, 2012
Sam Elliott wrote:
If you stop idiots from voting in Kentucky the polls would be empty.
Yep! Rand Paul proves that.
Rush

Richland, MI

#22 Mar 24, 2012
rojopa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bushie is the one who gave us 2 wars,helped wall st screw us all. He was the worst thing that we ever had in there. By far! But you can't help it. It is a hand me down thing in ky. My daddy voted that way and I can't thank for myself so I vote like my daddy even if they do get my kids killed in Iraq.
liza

Fairmont, WV

#23 Mar 24, 2012
WE allowed YOU to vote!!! And look what ignorance
GOT US.......You certainly have NO right to
open your mouth. If we had the option, you certainly would NOT have gotten near a voting booth.

The pot calling the kittle black, should just
put a lid on it.

YOU have nerve and nothing else

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Gore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Natural resources chairman lauds Tr... 1 min Impeach the Creep 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,302
News What does Flynn's indictment mean for Vice Pres... 23 hr Marcavage s Emission 7
News George Soros pledges $1bn to search for clean e... (Oct '09) Nov 13 Geezer Files 2
News Not real news: A look at what didn't happen thi... Nov 13 Phyllis Schlafly ... 2
News The Latest: Pope meets island leaders, decries ... Nov 12 youll shoot your ... 6
News Wind and Solar Power Advance, but Carbon Refuse... Nov '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web