One Man's OpinionARE We on the Road of No Return?

Nov 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: American Reporter

There is virtually no doubt that global warming exists. Aside from a few cranks and those heavily invested in the fossil fuel industry, the scientific consensus is that the Earth's climate is changing, and changing faster than ever before.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of266
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oscar

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

"faster than ever before" is simply not something that science knows. We do know that the world has been much warmer than it is now...before man...and it has had co2 levels much higher than now...before man and that we don't know more about the earth's climate than we do know for certain.

Add it all up and Holhut should not be writing columns which include conclusions about what science is or does.
Oscar

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Global warming is the most awesome force in history. It causes everything from earthquakes to wars. Maybe it will be the cause of Obama losing the election in 2012.
I Know More Than You

Franklin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Oscar wrote:
"faster than ever before" is simply not something that science knows.
Holy shiat, I agree with you!
Oscar wrote:
Add it all up and Holhut should not be writing columns which include conclusions about what science is or does.
I guess he that in common with you then.
Oscar

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Au contraire...I don't write columns about science. I just pick on the nuts that do who shouldn't. Just like you.
Oscar

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do I notice a softening in your confidence regarding AGW...you usually are all over any challenge to the nutty conclusions about AGW as if skepticism about science wasn't a healthy place to be.

Maybe you are intelligent despite your attempts not to be.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Oscar wrote:
"faster than ever before" is simply not something that science knows. We do know that the world has been much warmer than it is now...before man...and it has had co2 levels much higher than now...before man and that we don't know more about the earth's climate than we do know for certain.
Oscar, what do you mean by "we don't know more about the earth's climate than we do know for certain."

FYI ... 500 million years of Earth's temperature history:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
I Know More Than You

Franklin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Oscar wrote:
Do I notice a softening in your confidence regarding AGW...you usually are all over any challenge to the nutty conclusions about AGW as if skepticism about science wasn't a healthy place to be.
Maybe you are intelligent despite your attempts not to be.
Absolutes are almost always a dumb idea. He just happened to use one in support of AGW. That doesn't mean he gets an automatic pass from me though.

Skepticism is also a good thing. It's just too bad that so many AGW deniers are ignorant ideologues and not actually skeptics.

Thanks for the back-handed compliment but I don't need you to validate my obvious intelligence.
Alex

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
Absolutes are almost always a dumb idea. He just happened to use one in support of AGW. That doesn't mean he gets an automatic pass from me though.
Skepticism is also a good thing. It's just too bad that so many AGW deniers are ignorant ideologues and not actually skeptics.
Thanks for the back-handed compliment but I don't need you to validate my obvious intelligence.
riiiiight 'Joe Shlabotnik' whoever.
I'm going skiing soon like I did last winter etc., something that the Ideologues YOU listen to said several years ago that I wouldn't be able to do now, and it's going to be cc-cc-cold again like last winter, which is NORMAL, unless you'd have us beLIEve the AGW warmist bullsh't that snow AND Cold = proof of warming--ppppffffFFFTT!
Damn

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

We must stop global warming NOW!!
Alex

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Damn wrote:
We must stop global warming NOW!!
YOU start- by ceasing to spew such Hot Air!
Now GTFO! and take your proven liar scam artist buddy with you-> http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tb0lU7SbvKE/TFFSt8R...
Gord

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Oscar, what do you mean by "we don't know more about the earth's climate than we do know for certain."
Your link shows a VERY OBVIOUS COOLING TREND for the last 50 Million Years.

ARE WE on the Road of No Return?
Alex

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

According to TIME and Newsweek etc. we ARE going into an ICE AGE !!
check out the covers they had on their mags before they allowed the fuzzy math of the AlGoreythms to take over -> http://anhonestclimatedebate.files.wordpress....

http://extraordinaryintelligence.com/files/20...
Crazy

Mooresville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

We must do something quick!
Oscar

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Oscar, what do you mean by "we don't know more about the earth's climate than we do know for certain."
That isn't true. We have some evidence of earths temperature history but it is extremely vague and we know almost nothing about why it changed back then. There is definitly more we don't know than what we do know.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

SpacedOutDummy wrote:
Oscar, what do you mean by "we don't know more about the earth's climate than we do know for certain."
FYI ... 500 million years of Earth's temperature history
A rebuttal:
http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/STFU...
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

Oscar wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true. We have some evidence of earths temperature history but it is extremely vague and we know almost nothing about why it changed back then.
YOU may know nothing of paleoclimate and ongoing climate cycles, but don't project your ignorance.

As the article says, "aside from a few cranks..."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

Nauseous wrote:
YOU may know nothing of paleoclimate and ongoing climate cycles, but don't project your ignorance.
As the article says, "aside from a few cranks..."
Then along came Nauseous.
Oscar

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think most skeptics are smarter than you are willing to give them credit for. The history of science should make us all into skeptics. The lack of skepticism in the AGW supporters is more of a red flag than anything else.

If you can see your way towards a more rational discussion of the nascent climate science then you too are on your way to becoming a skeptic.

As for skeptics being more ideological than the alarmists. I doubt it.
I Know More Than You

Franklin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

Oscar wrote:
I think most skeptics are smarter than you are willing to give them credit for. The history of science should make us all into skeptics. The lack of skepticism in the AGW supporters is more of a red flag than anything else.
That's a whole lot of fail in only 3 sentences. Needless to say, I disagree.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

I Know No More Than You wrote:
That's a whole lot of fail in only 3 sentences. Needless to say, I disagree.
Now if you'd said you were sceptical..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of266
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Africa Discussions

Search the Africa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Old flaws in Obama's new foreign policy May '14 Eli 1
Promote African Music May '14 africanmusicjehad 1
Out of West Africa May '14 blahblahblAH 1
Kerry urges steps to ensure democracy in Africa May '14 yep 3
Zaragemca Top Experience Apr '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
Is ethnic strife inevitable in Africa? (Nov '10) Mar '14 ptesaurus 9
The vicious schism between Sunni and Shia has b... Feb '14 Old Pom 3
•••
•••