Ashley Thompson: Journey to Rwanda a ...

Ashley Thompson: Journey to Rwanda a wondrous experience for UTEP student

There are 4 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 12, 2011, titled Ashley Thompson: Journey to Rwanda a wondrous experience for UTEP student. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The smell of bananas sitting out in the hot sun for hours at a time; the sounds of nature masked by the hustle and bustle of the city; the sights of people just trying to make it through the day-to-day; all were all part of my Rwandan reality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

tanya

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 13, 2011
Great piece! Beautiful story!
elchucoexpatriat ed

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 15, 2011
Wonderful story. I really like your writing style. Descriptive and blunt that reflects what feels like a very grounded writer that exudes character. I truly look forward to your next article!
Jim

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Feb 15, 2011
What a refreshing article to read. Wonderful job. I look forward to your future work.

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 15, 2011
I rememeber in 1994 the place was not very pleasent place. It was the place of the worst case of genocidal atrocities since Vietnam. Have fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medicine for Africa' which can be made by ordi... Aug 9 andrew john langham 1
Zaragemca Top Experience (Apr '14) Aug 1 Gerry Zaragmca 3
News Cultural appropriation: when 'borrowing' become... Jun '16 Oh No You Di-nt 1
Boko Haram Allegedly Harvests And Sells Human O... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Shocking and True 1
News Migrants flock to EU door along Serbia's border... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News A German's View on Islam (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just a guy 6
News Sierra Leone's Ebola-hit Freetown is a city on ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Hannah 1
More from around the web