AFRICA: The new hot spot for the Barack Obama administration?

IN THE AFAR TRIANGLE, Djibouti - The desert is a war. U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Cynthia Ramirez roared through it in an unmarked Land Cruiser, projecting the awesome might of the U.S. military into a wasteland ... Full Story
ESAYAS

Denver, CO

#1 Nov 20, 2008
The mission of AFRICOM is nothing but to turn Africa into another Iraq. What the US needs is to just get out of Africa. What do you think thousands of African Immegrants in the US voted for Obama, It is not because he is black, but because he preached peace through deplomacy. Remember, the people of Africa see Africom not a peace maker but a threat. Look what Clinton/Bush policy have done to Somalia buy means of waging war through their puppet- Ethiopia. Please refrain the comment about Eritrea being not friendley to America, It is the Bush adminstration that is not friendley to Eritrea.
esayas

Denver, CO

#2 Nov 20, 2008
AFRICOM IS A MODERN WAY OF AMERICAN IMPERIALISM. WHAT IS GOOD FOR AFRICA IS NOT MILITARY PRESENCE OF ANY KIND, NOT WEAPONS OR EVEN FOOD HANDOUTS, IT NEEDS TO DEVELOPE ON ITS OWN TERMS WITHOUT OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE....

“The quo has no status”

Since: Oct 08

Hammond, IN

#3 Nov 21, 2008
esayas wrote:
AFRICOM IS A MODERN WAY OF AMERICAN IMPERIALISM. WHAT IS GOOD FOR AFRICA IS NOT MILITARY PRESENCE OF ANY KIND, NOT WEAPONS OR EVEN FOOD HANDOUTS, IT NEEDS TO DEVELOPE ON ITS OWN TERMS WITHOUT OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE....
If not for "American Imperialism", the continent would be exponentially more devastated by AIDS and starvation. No country in Africa (or the world for that matter) is able to develop and/or sustain that development without outside assistance. Your idea of no "MILITARY PRESENCE OF ANY KIND, NOT WEAPONS OR EVEN FOOD HANDOUTS", is not only devoid of reality, but would doom millions of people to indiscriminate tribal murders and rapes. Most of these coming in regions that are have ALWAYS been free of outside military influence. If that is your idea of development, I stand corrected. If not, pull your head out of your rectal cavity and take a look at the real world.
knowledge

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2008
The Hedgehog wrote:
<quoted text>
If not for "American Imperialism", the continent would be exponentially more devastated by AIDS and starvation. No country in Africa (or the world for that matter) is able to develop and/or sustain that development without outside assistance. Your idea of no "MILITARY PRESENCE OF ANY KIND, NOT WEAPONS OR EVEN FOOD HANDOUTS", is not only devoid of reality, but would doom millions of people to indiscriminate tribal murders and rapes. Most of these coming in regions that are have ALWAYS been free of outside military influence. If that is your idea of development, I stand corrected. If not, pull your head out of your rectal cavity and take a look at the real world.
look we dont need no freaking hand out , we dont need your help , what we need is for us to run our country the way we want , not for the outside world to come and take whatever they want and give us water in return , and hand out bread and rice in the back of truck , we dont need the western world lets face it they need us.were too valuable broke ..if u leave we will develope and the western world would have an economicall plunge ..
Thomas

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Nov 21, 2008
ESAYAS wrote:
The mission of AFRICOM is nothing but to turn Africa into another Iraq. What the US needs is to just get out of Africa. What do you think thousands of African Immegrants in the US voted for Obama, It is not because he is black, but because he preached peace through deplomacy. Remember, the people of Africa see Africom not a peace maker but a threat. Look what Clinton/Bush policy have done to Somalia buy means of waging war through their puppet- Ethiopia. Please refrain the comment about Eritrea being not friendley to America, It is the Bush adminstration that is not friendley to Eritrea.
Africa is doing just fine waging war without the United States. Darfur, Congo, how many long running genocides are occuring on Africa?

“The quo has no status”

Since: Oct 08

Hammond, IN

#6 Nov 21, 2008
knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
look we dont need no freaking hand out , we dont need your help , what we need is for us to run our country the way we want , not for the outside world to come and take whatever they want and give us water in return , and hand out bread and rice in the back of truck , we dont need the western world lets face it they need us.were too valuable broke ..if u leave we will develope and the western world would have an economicall plunge ..
Last time I checked, Minnesota was part of the western world and the internet that you are communicating on was invented by the "imperialistic government" of the U.S.A.!
They are letting you use it to develop. Is it one of those western things you don't need. If so, GO AWAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Migrants flock to EU door along Serbia's border... Mar 2 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
A German's View on Islam Jan '15 Just a guy 6
Zaragemca Top Experience (Apr '14) Oct '14 Gerry Zaragemca 2
Sierra Leone's Ebola-hit Freetown is a city on ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Hannah 1
Africa Must Rise and Be Free (Aug '14) Aug '14 DREAMWEAVER 26
Old flaws in Obama's new foreign policy (May '14) May '14 Eli 1
Promote African Music (May '14) May '14 africanmusicjehad 1
More from around the web