North Chicago man killed in crash on Tri-State Tollway

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Billy Balacruz, 28, of the 1100 block of Jackson Street in North Chicago was pronounced dead at 5:07 a.m. at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge , according to the Cook County medical examiner's ...
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
Moody

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

My prayers and condolences goes out to the family and loved ones of Billy Delacruz. We all suffer a tremendous lost. Billy will be missed. R.I.P.
JB-Guero

Highland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

Billy G.O.A.T Greatest.Of.All.Time this is a haard hit to the DE LA CRUZ family my prayers go out to the family and to his brother Dion my best friend I'm here for what ever you need family BILLY DE LA CRUZ VAYA CON DIOS 7/4/1979 - 2/24/2008 R.I.P my brother
Jay

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

RIP man, we all missin' you at work.
calvin

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

My prayers go out to the family of delacruz im gonna miss my right hand man R.I.P. DELA.
B_Brown

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

This weekend the family members and friends of my dear friend Billy De La Cruz have suffered a geat lost. Words can not explain our feelings as we try to cope with the recent events. Everyone who knew him will remember a great person who always brought a smile to our faces. To the De La Cruz family, my heart goes out to you and you are in my prayes. Billy you will be deeply missed, but not forgotten. R.I.P. Homie!!
Sincerely,
Brian Brown
vorny

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

the clinic will never be the same withouth mr. de la cruz. he will be deeply missed by all who had the privelage of knowing him.
RIP DELA
Maya

North Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

We will miss you De La Cruz. My prayers go out to the family. I will miss the jokes, and good times we all had when we all hung out together. R.I.P. De La Cruz for you will always be in our hearts and memories. Life is to short and we need to treasure every precious moment of what life is. We will miss you.
Julius Downey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Billy we will miss you very much I'm glad to have gotten to know you you were a very nice,loving person to be around and I know we didn't see each other to often after school but when we did cross paths you always greeted and said wassup so from me and all of NCCHS man RIP we love you and my condolences goes out to the De La Cruz family.
Ms Fulop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Dela, 1017 OS will never be the same. You were our sunshine that made us all smile. Your presence is deeply missed. I know you are looking from heaven and you can see how many lives you have touched. God Bless Dela.
Mirna Santiago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

I still remember the times you made me laugh in class, and i got in trouble. How can I ever forget just the things you did would make my stomache hurt cause i would laugh so hard. Mr. Jokster...u definetly will be missed. I didn't see you often after HS, but when we got up on myspace it was so nice to know everything was cool..Not so long ago we messaged each other.. Sorry I didn't meet yall dat time...but i will see you again one day and we can chill...until then...U WILL BE MISSED. R.I.P Billy..."ANGELS NEEDED SOMEONE TO ENTERTAIN THEM, AND YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE"
My condolences goes out to the DE LA CRUZ Family.
7/4/79 - 2/24/08 (28 blessed years)
Kena

North Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

Bily my guy. I will so miss you dearly. I remember back in High School where you keep me laughing but always had a guidance in life. You gave me some good advice when I needed it and even after High School you always asked me about the kids and told me I looked great. I cherish every memory and moment we had. I remember the days of skipping school and kicking it. We had some good times. RIP my friend. Keep watch over us until the day I see you again. Don't have the Angels up there laughing too hard.
JRck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

Damn man, wish I got to know you more man. Wanted to hang out and party with you and your group. I remember just being new to the job, not knowing anyone. But damn man, you always made me feel welcome there. You gave people alot of respect.
1017 wont be the same without you man.

My prayers go out to your family and everyone else that was really close to you.

RIP and so long.
Reid

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

RIP Dela! You will be missed
alicia

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

billy you will never be forgotten. remember to do what Mrs W tells you to up there :) love you, my "special billy"
bink

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

i jus happen to see this up on here while in skol n i really miss u cuz i jus cnt believe it my cucin gon jus like dat ....luv u so much
old friend

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Where was Billy Buried?
Aaron Costa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Billy...
It's been more than 2 years since you passed and there isn't 1 day that I don't think of you in some way. I realize that we didn't grow up together, and I didn't know you hella long...But you did make an everlasting impression on my life. I pray for your mom, dad, dion, ricky, and maribel(as well as anyone else I may have forgotten..
RIP brother
Aaron
sola

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Think of you everyday n pray u are at peace. Miss those conversations and the good times we had. I have yet to meet another person who could make me laugh so hard I couldn't breath. I will forever miss you my beautiful friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Advocate Discussions

Search the Advocate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How to handle a Cyber-bully (Nov '13) Nov '13 ononothimagin 20
Quality Auto Group closes doors (Oct '08) Sep '13 JMM 24
School board interested in moving forward with ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Former 1
Carpentersville parent wants answers about drug... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Cville resident 1
Malloy's first year in the eye of the storm (Dec '11) Dec '11 the big stink 1
Day by day family events in Berkshire and Benni... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Tara 1
NYC Gay Man Brutally Assaulted by Six Teens (Mar '11) Mar '11 Vincent Ward 58
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••