Advocate pact adds doctors' 'pay for performance'

Full story: Chicago Tribune
An end to a rift that began almost four years ago between Advocate Health Care and managed-care giant UnitedHealth Group over payment rates will result in new pay-for-performance measures for Advocate doctors ... Read more
Mary

Naperville, IL

#1 Dec 2, 2007
As usual I don't want doctors to send people home just because their symptoms are not severe enough to show the insurance company...yes this person did not really have an exacerbation of their disease. They are okay and can go home...no need to admit them into the hospital.
Or maybe it will keep the doctors on their toes...to take the time to really get down to the cause of the symptoms so the patient won't be back in the hospital for a a year or whatever time frame this insurance company thinks is "okay"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Advocate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to handle a Cyber-bully (Nov '13) Nov '13 ononothimagin 20
News Quality Auto Group closes doors (Oct '08) Sep '13 JMM 24
News School board interested in moving forward with ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Former 1
News Carpentersville parent wants answers about drug... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Cville resident 1
News Malloy's first year in the eye of the storm (Dec '11) Dec '11 the big stink 1
News Day by day family events in Berkshire and Benni... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Tara 1
News NYC Gay Man Brutally Assaulted by Six Teens (Mar '11) Mar '11 Vincent Ward 58
More from around the web