AC/DC Taltentless frauds

AC/DC Taltentless frauds

Posted in the Ac/DC Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
she who knows the truth

Melbourne, Australia

#1 Oct 6, 2011
Fact: None of ACDC have any song writing ability, they stole all their songs. Bon Scott stole lyrics, which is why the band took so long after his death to come up with anything. Back in Black and For Those About To Rock were what Scott had when he died. The band refused to acknowledge the talent that wrote most of the lyrics.
Fact: Bon Scott statue. At least the dogs will have something to cock their leg on.
Fact: Isn't it ironic that Scott came from Freemantle, the very same place that great man Alan Bond that committed company fraud came from. I bet they knew each other. Both are theives.
Fact: Why did'nt the Scott family ever give interviews about Bon? Because they know what a fraud he was. The same with the band who have been reluctant over the years to go into detail over the dynamics of the band structure.
Fact: Vanda and Young also ripped off other lyrics Scott had and on forwarded them to other artists in their stable.
Fact: Brian Johnson did not write Hells Bells. It was written in 1977, recited on tape and given to Bon to add music to. If any of the Scott family, and by that I mean extended family of Scotts who lived in Victoria,or anyone in the band had any honour they would have acknowledged this.
I have no doubt foul play was involved in Bon Scotts death. Who exactly was responsible though is anyones answer. There are people who know for sure, but why would they speak out when they pocketed so much money from his death.
The Australian music industry should be ashamed of ACDC, of Bon Scott, Brian Johnson and the Youngs. Not regale them as some sort of music heros, they exploited local talent to advance themselves and provided no compensation, no payment or opportunity in return.
They destroyed lives and continued to do so over the years. They are scum.
BALLBREAKER

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Oct 6, 2011
she who knows the truth wrote:
Fact: None of ACDC have any song writing ability, they stole all their songs. Bon Scott stole lyrics, which is why the band took so long after his death to come up with anything. Back in Black and For Those About To Rock were what Scott had when he died. The band refused to acknowledge the talent that wrote most of the lyrics.
Fact: Bon Scott statue. At least the dogs will have something to cock their leg on.
Fact: Isn't it ironic that Scott came from Freemantle, the very same place that great man Alan Bond that committed company fraud came from. I bet they knew each other. Both are theives.
Fact: Why did'nt the Scott family ever give interviews about Bon? Because they know what a fraud he was. The same with the band who have been reluctant over the years to go into detail over the dynamics of the band structure.
Fact: Vanda and Young also ripped off other lyrics Scott had and on forwarded them to other artists in their stable.
Fact: Brian Johnson did not write Hells Bells. It was written in 1977, recited on tape and given to Bon to add music to. If any of the Scott family, and by that I mean extended family of Scotts who lived in Victoria,or anyone in the band had any honour they would have acknowledged this.
I have no doubt foul play was involved in Bon Scotts death. Who exactly was responsible though is anyones answer. There are people who know for sure, but why would they speak out when they pocketed so much money from his death.
The Australian music industry should be ashamed of ACDC, of Bon Scott, Brian Johnson and the Youngs. Not regale them as some sort of music heros, they exploited local talent to advance themselves and provided no compensation, no payment or opportunity in return.
They destroyed lives and continued to do so over the years. They are scum.
Fact: You are an Idoit. And you spelled talentless wrong you Boob...
Let There Be Rock

Velenje, Slovenia

#4 Oct 6, 2011
she who knows the truth wrote:
Fact: None of ACDC have any song writing ability, they stole all their songs. Bon Scott stole lyrics, which is why the band took so long after his death to come up with anything. Back in Black and For Those About To Rock were what Scott had when he died. The band refused to acknowledge the talent that wrote most of the lyrics.
Fact: Bon Scott statue. At least the dogs will have something to cock their leg on.
Fact: Isn't it ironic that Scott came from Freemantle, the very same place that great man Alan Bond that committed company fraud came from. I bet they knew each other. Both are theives.
Fact: Why did'nt the Scott family ever give interviews about Bon? Because they know what a fraud he was. The same with the band who have been reluctant over the years to go into detail over the dynamics of the band structure.
Fact: Vanda and Young also ripped off other lyrics Scott had and on forwarded them to other artists in their stable.
Fact: Brian Johnson did not write Hells Bells. It was written in 1977, recited on tape and given to Bon to add music to. If any of the Scott family, and by that I mean extended family of Scotts who lived in Victoria,or anyone in the band had any honour they would have acknowledged this.
I have no doubt foul play was involved in Bon Scotts death. Who exactly was responsible though is anyones answer. There are people who know for sure, but why would they speak out when they pocketed so much money from his death.
The Australian music industry should be ashamed of ACDC, of Bon Scott, Brian Johnson and the Youngs. Not regale them as some sort of music heros, they exploited local talent to advance themselves and provided no compensation, no payment or opportunity in return.
They destroyed lives and continued to do so over the years. They are scum.
F***kin spammer!!
she who knows the truth

Melbourne, Australia

#6 Oct 8, 2011
Let There Be Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
F***kin spammer!!
Thank you for your comment. It must have taken a great deal of time and mental energy to come up with that!
she who knows the truth

Bittern, Australia

#7 Oct 8, 2011
BALLBREAKER wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: You are an Idoit. And you spelled talentless wrong you Boob...
Thank you. Yes I realised after I posted the comment my typo.

Let me clarify a few things, of course being a Boob as you say I am, you'll give this due consideration.
Anyone who has any common sense and knows even the slightest thing about writing songs, recording and producing albums, knows that lyrics are written and refined over time. Very rarely is an artist lucky enough to simply write a first draft and that be the end result. Next, once the lyrics are finalised, the tempo and beat of the song needs to be determined, this takes time with practice and rehearsal to find the right sound, tune, decide what instruments etc. Once this is determined, the artists need to rehearse the song to perfect their performance. Common sense should prevail to anyone with an ounce of intelligence that Brian Johnson did not write the songs to Back in Black. These were obviously well underway well before Bon died. Fact: Bon died in February, the band was booked to go into the recording studios in March. If they did not have material to record, why would they have been booked into to a recording studio? It costs money to book time in a recording studio, you do not waste that time and money sitting around writing lyrics. The crime was that AC/DC did not acknowledge Bon’s contribution to work they used after he died, no doubt something to do with royalties payable to his estate. They also did not acknowledge the people that assisted Bon to write lyrics for various songs. When he died they closed ranks, effectively stole all the material he had, notebooks, tapes etc, and took credit for what would have been Bon’s greatest achievement with the band to that point; i.e. Back in Black. Bon had arrangements to use lyrics and material, however, this was conditional. Bon’s failing was that these arrangements were never formalised and unfortunately he died before he could either formalise the arrangements or make honour the arrangements. The same goes with material used on the For Those About to Rock album, again Bon’s material, or rather material he had in his possession and at his disposal at the time of his death. The song Sink the Pink is Bon’s, written by him, the song Shake Your Foundations was co-written by him and the same person that helped him write and whom he got a lot of his material from.
Hells Bells was not written by Brian Johnson. It was written in January 1977, recited on tape and given to Bon to add music to. The instrumentation was even suggested to him; i.e. the tolling of the bells to open the song, the lead in of the various instruments etc. I know who wrote this song. It was indeed written for Bon; not as a testimony to his passing, not as a death march, not anything to do with death or mourning. It had a special, very personal message which Bon knew and understood. It was a very personal song and AC/DC should not have recorded it after his death without acknowledging the writer and seeking their permission to use it after Bon died. The further insult is that Johnson attributed the song as some sort post humus tribute to Bon. Clearly displaying the fact that he was clueless as to it’s meaning on a personal level to the person who wrote it and to Bon himself. How dare Johnson take credit, he is the biggest fraud of all time. Had Bon not died and Johnson been given the opportunity to front AC/DC, he would never have been heard of on the international circuit. So for this reason he should have at least acknowledged Bon for what his demise enabled Johnson to aspire to.
I will leave this here for now as I am getting angry. I idolised Bon Scott, I was not blind to his insufficiencies, but his greatest talent was yet to be achieved, he died before he could fulfil what would have been his true niche in life, which was far, far removed from AC/DC and being a rock n roll singer.
let there be rock

Slovenia

#8 Oct 8, 2011
Hay,,,she who knows the truth,,! I am very sorry for my inappropriate reaction! Bon Scott is my great idol even today and I have always wondered what-s really happened then. What is the real truth about the stolen Bon-s lyrics and how many are in fact used on later albums with B. Johnson?? Your text is VERY interesting, if there's some truth, but how to prove it?? Regards, and please, sorry once again!
she who knows the truth

Bittern, Australia

#9 Oct 8, 2011
let there be rock wrote:
Hay,,,she who knows the truth,,! I am very sorry for my inappropriate reaction! Bon Scott is my great idol even today and I have always wondered what-s really happened then. What is the real truth about the stolen Bon-s lyrics and how many are in fact used on later albums with B. Johnson?? Your text is VERY interesting, if there's some truth, but how to prove it?? Regards, and please, sorry once again!
Hi there. Sorry I get very emotional over this sort of thing. Much of what you read about Bon is rubbish, in so much as it is a form a promotional marketing. The whole sex, drugs and rock n roll, by some weird sense seemed to be what sold bands back in the 80s. True he drank heavily, he partied hard, he had his run in with illicit drugs here and there, but there was a whole lot more to the man than just that. There was a side to him few people probably knew, a very personal side he preferred I think to keep strictly for people he chose to share that with, not to display to all and sundry.
Bon created a public image which suited his character, that character of the showman, the performer, almost like a role he played because that’s what he actually loved doing, acting. The sadness was that as he became more4 successful and so far away from those closer friends that knew the other side to him, friends here in Australia, the more the alter-ego, the public image consumed him. The Young’s used him to do the PR work where he would play up this hard living, hell raising image of the band. However, we all know and realise now that Angus is strictly a non-alcoholic drinker and has always denied ever having used illicit drugs, no one disputes this. He also does not mix with other musicians or people in general for that matter. It is well documented that the Young’s were very close knit, Angus and Malcolm as band members and older brother George that was initially involved with Alberts Recording Studios, where AC/DC kicked off here in Aust. Okay so he is entitled to his privacy, I don't knock him for that. But they sent Bon out to do this PR, playing up this false image of their lifestyle while they sat back comfortably living a relatively peaceful and boring existence apart from stage performances. It is also a well known fact that they were extremely suspicious of most people and very reluctant to let anyone into the inner circle, as such. Bon was such a peoples person, he loved being around people and simply could not stand his own company. He would have found the Young’s stifling, though I know he did think highly of Angus as a friend and considered him to be a great guitarist. I do believe that AC/DC management probably did consider Bon to be disposable, as has been suggested over the years by a few music journalists. I don’t think everything was so cosy in the AC/DC camp when Bon died. Angus had just married and I am not sure if Malcolm was actually married at that time or living with his girlfriend, but they were both otherwise occupied. Bon was out on a limb so to speak when he had put so much into the band from the day he joined.
What makes no sense is here was this wild party animal guy, who wanted to go see a band or something on the night he died. So what does he do, he rings his ex, Silver, she suggests he call this Kinnears guy, the guy that left him to die all alone in the car. Where were all his wild party friends? Why didn’t he call someone he knew better to go out with him? Silver suggests he had no friends in London and traded on her London contacts for friends, crap. How could such a guy not have friends and need her to supply him with mates, she was nothing but a high flying junkie, although a nice enough person. To her credit she kicked the habit and made a life for herself.
she who knows the truth

Bittern, Australia

#10 Oct 8, 2011
let there be rock wrote:
Hay,,,she who knows the truth,,! I am very sorry for my inappropriate reaction! Bon Scott is my great idol even today and I have always wondered what-s really happened then. What is the real truth about the stolen Bon-s lyrics and how many are in fact used on later albums with B. Johnson?? Your text is VERY interesting, if there's some truth, but how to prove it?? Regards, and please, sorry once again!
Hi there. Sorry I get very emotional over this sort of thing. Much of what you read about Bon is rubbish, in so much as it is a form a promotional marketing. The whole sex, drugs and rock n roll, by some weird sense seemed to be what sold bands back in the 80s. True he drank heavily, he partied hard, he had his run in with illicit drugs here and there, but there was a whole lot more to the man than just that. There was a side to him few people probably knew, a very personal side he preferred I think to keep strictly for people he chose to share that with, not to display to all and sundry.
Bon created a public image which suited his character, that character of the showman, the performer, almost like a role he played because that’s what he actually loved doing, acting. The sadness was that as he became more4 successful and so far away from those closer friends that knew the other side to him, friends here in Australia, the more the alter-ego, the public image consumed him. The Young’s used him to do the PR work where he would play up this hard living, hell raising image of the band. However, we all know and realise now that Angus is strictly a non-alcoholic drinker and has always denied ever having used illicit drugs, no one disputes this. He also does not mix with other musicians or people in general for that matter. It is well documented that the Young’s were very close knit, Angus and Malcolm as band members and older brother George that was initially involved with Alberts Recording Studios, where AC/DC kicked off here in Aust. Okay so he is entitled to his privacy, I don't knock him for that. But they sent Bon out to do this PR, playing up this false image of their lifestyle while they sat back comfortably living a relatively peaceful and boring existence apart from stage performances. It is also a well known fact that they were extremely suspicious of most people and very reluctant to let anyone into the inner circle, as such. Bon was such a peoples person, he loved being around people and simply could not stand his own company. He would have found the Young’s stifling, though I know he did think highly of Angus as a friend and considered him to be a great guitarist. I do believe that AC/DC management probably did consider Bon to be disposable, as has been suggested over the years by a few music journalists. I don’t think everything was so cosy in the AC/DC camp when Bon died. Angus had just married and I am not sure if Malcolm was actually married at that time or living with his girlfriend, but they were both otherwise occupied. Bon was out on a limb so to speak when he had put so much into the band from the day he joined.
What makes no sense is here was this wild party animal guy, who wanted to go see a band or something on the night he died. So what does he do, he rings his ex, Silver, she suggests he call this Kinnears guy, the guy that left him to die all alone in the car. Where were all his wild party friends? Why didn’t he call someone he knew better to go out with him? Silver suggests he had no friends in London and traded on her London contacts for friends, crap. How could such a guy not have friends and need her to supply him with mates, she was nothing but a high flying junkie, although a nice enough person. To her credit she kicked the habit and made a life for herself.
Sorry out of characters, will continue.
she who knows the truth

Clayton, Australia

#11 Oct 10, 2011
Let’s examine the some of the events of the night Bon died. I heard around the time that Bon died, that this guy Knnears had a parent or that both his parents were involved medically, i.e. that they were either Doctors or worked at hospital or something along those lines, though I am not aware that this has ever been reported or confirmed. However, if it is true, then consider these two guys were not reckless teenagers that had gone out and gotten drunk, when they eventually decided to go home Kinnears states he was unable to stir Bon that Bon had passed out because he was intoxicated; no one disputes the possibility or probability of this as Bon was known to drink in excess; BUT Kinnears could get no response, he couldn’t lift Bon out of the car to take him up to his apartment, so Kinnears claims he called Silver who confirmed Bon frequently passed out; Kinnears then says he drove to his own apartment, again he couldn’t stir Bon so that is when he decided to leave him in the car to sleep it off. We are talking two guys that were in the thick of the music scene, reports suggest Bon experimented with drugs occasionally, why didn’t it occur to Kinnears that something was wrong? Why didn’t Kinnears consider if the effects were just alcohol or if possibly Bon had taken something else? We have all probably had to deal with a drunk at some time and perhaps decided the best thing is to let the person sleep it off, however usually regardless of how drunk a person is you can get some sort of reaction from them, it might just be a mouthful of abuse to go away and leave them alone, but I have never encountered anyone that drunk that you couldn’t get some sort of reaction from. Kinnears admits he got no reaction from Bon at all; he was not able to stir him. So even if Kinnears parents didn’t have a medical background that Kinnears would have learned a thing or two from growing up, surely as a mature adult in his 20s he should have questioned the fact that he could not stir Bon at all. If he couldn’t lift Bon out of the car, why didn’t he get help? Why didn’t he drive to someone else’s place and get them to help him lift Bon out of the car? Why didn’t Silver question if Bon had taken anything else? After all she was by this time a chronic heroin user; she would have had some idea of the ill fated possibilities related to substance abuse. Also whilst I understand she was separated or divorced at the time, I read somewhere that her husband was a Doctor; so again are you trying to convince me that these people had no understanding of the possible danger when confronted with someone who had passed out and whom you could get no reaction from when you tried to stir them? Perhaps that is the real sadness, that Bon was just surrounded by all these people that were so involved in their own course of self abuse and destruction that their brains were so fried from substance abuse that they failed to consider the human element of the life that were leading. I know that sounds real nasty and damning of Silver, I don’t mean for it to as I understand she ‘freaked’ right out when she heard he had died, I was also lead to believe that it wasn’t long after his death that she made real efforts to turn her life around and kick the habit she’d developed, so again credit to her for having done this. I admit it’s easy for someone like me an outsider to be critical of those around Bon at that time in his life; it’s fair for anyone to say I wasn’t there and so can’t say what I would have done in those circumstances, they could point that finger at anyone who knew him and was not in London at the time.
To Be Cont'....
she who knows the truth

Clayton, Australia

#12 Oct 10, 2011
However, I know things like this happen but realistically if nothing else there was a huge amount of neglect surrounding Bon’s death, I for one find that neglect questionable and suspicious. I do believe there were things going on within the AC/DC camp at that time, that all what not peaches and cream; perhaps Angus was unaware or didn’t grasp the extent of hard ball that the big boys, i.e. studio bosses, marketing guru’s, promoters etc could and did play by. Fact: these artists are merely tools to them, products to be packaged and sold to the public. This fact is clearly evidenced by the product Bon has become post humus, not just to merchandisers but AC/DC have cashed in on it as well; of course they have used the excuse that it’s simply because they have wanted to honour Bon in some way. (As they cash the cheques that roll in and watch their bank balances grow.)
she who knows the truth

Clayton, Australia

#13 Oct 10, 2011
Let’s examine the some of the events of the night Bon died. I heard around the time that Bon died, that this guy Knnears had a parent or that both his parents were involved medically, i.e. that they were either Doctors or worked at hospital or something along those lines, though I am not aware that this has ever been reported or confirmed. However, if it is true, then consider these two guys were not reckless teenagers that had gone out and gotten drunk, when they eventually decided to go home Kinnears states he was unable to stir Bon that Bon had passed out because he was intoxicated; no one disputes the possibility or probability of this as Bon was known to drink in excess; BUT Kinnears could get no response, he couldn’t lift Bon out of the car to take him up to his apartment, so Kinnears claims he called Silver who confirmed Bon frequently passed out; Kinnears then says he drove to his own apartment, again he couldn’t stir Bon so that is when he decided to leave him in the car to sleep it off. We are talking two guys that were in the thick of the music scene, reports suggest Bon experimented with drugs occasionally, why didn’t it occur to Kinnears that something was wrong? Why didn’t Kinnears consider if the effects were just alcohol or if possibly Bon had taken something else? We have all probably had to deal with a drunk at some time and perhaps decided the best thing is to let the person sleep it off, however usually regardless of how drunk a person is you can get some sort of reaction from them, it might just be a mouthful of abuse to go away and leave them alone, but I have never encountered anyone that drunk that you couldn’t get some sort of reaction from. Kinnears admits he got no reaction from Bon at all; he was not able to stir him. So even if Kinnears parents didn’t have a medical background that Kinnears would have learned a thing or two from growing up, surely as a mature adult in his 20s he should have questioned the fact that he could not stir Bon at all. If he couldn’t lift Bon out of the car, why didn’t he get help? Why didn’t he drive to someone else’s place and get them to help him lift Bon out of the car? Why didn’t Silver question if Bon had taken anything else? After all she was by this time a chronic heroin user; she would have had some idea of the ill fated possibilities related to substance abuse. Also whilst I understand she was separated or divorced at the time, I read somewhere that her husband was a Doctor; so again are you trying to convince me that these people had no understanding of the possible danger when confronted with someone who had passed out and whom you could get no reaction from when you tried to stir them? Perhaps that is the real sadness, that Bon was just surrounded by all these people that were so involved in their own course of self abuse and destruction that their brains were so fried from substance abuse that they failed to consider the human element of the life that were leading. I know that sounds real nasty and damning of Silver, I don’t mean for it to as I understand she ‘freaked’ right out when she heard he had died, I was also lead to believe that it wasn’t long after his death that she made real efforts to turn her life around and kick the habit she’d developed, so again credit to her for having done this. I admit it’s easy for someone like me an outsider to be critical of those around Bon at that time in his life; it’s fair for anyone to say I wasn’t there and so can’t say what I would have done in those circumstances, they could point that finger at anyone who knew him and was not in London at the time.
To Be Con't....(see previous post- computer stuffed up posting)
Real ACDC Fan

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#14 Oct 11, 2011
Honestly does it really matter what happened to Bon the night he died? Hes dead and hes a human... He has talent. He made music.. It takes some talent to make music. He was able to stay in key and not fall out of key. I respect anyone who can do that sorry. To boot he did it with a good band AC/DC. Chill the heck out seriously... AC/DC is not your style. One thing I like DooWop, R & R, Rap, Jazz etc etc etc, the fact remains AC/DC made great music and deserves all the props that they get... Every think that if AC/DC was around in 1950's or 60's they would have made great music? Yes .... I'm sure people who listen to music from 1920's think Doowop is crap.. I don't agree.. It's just an opinion... I love it all, but AC/DC is great with Bon & good with Brian and Awesome Live!

Since: Dec 09

San Mateo, CA

#15 Oct 11, 2011
The person that started this thread is a 'talentless something'(I'm trying to b somewhat nice) how can't u talk about Acdc the way u do? These guys r more talented than pretty much any band that ever existed. Oh and they do write there own songs (I know some of the original members). But it is common knowledge that producers and engineers put there parts in here or there. So yes others help out with the process but so doesn't Acdc. With what u r calling them and labeling them u r going to far. Last thing hells bells wasn't written in the 70s either nice try.
she who knows the truth

Narre Warren, Australia

#16 Oct 12, 2011
struck wrote:
The person that started this thread is a 'talentless something'(I'm trying to b somewhat nice) how can't u talk about Acdc the way u do? These guys r more talented than pretty much any band that ever existed. Oh and they do write there own songs (I know some of the original members). But it is common knowledge that producers and engineers put there parts in here or there. So yes others help out with the process but so doesn't Acdc. With what u r calling them and labeling them u r going to far. Last thing hells bells wasn't written in the 70s either nice try.
Hi, are you Austrailian? You say you know some of the original members, who are they, when did you meet them and how? I notice your post is listed as being New York USA, are you an Aussie living in the US now? AC/DC were formed here in Australia back in 1973, the original singer was Dave Evans. Dave later went on to start up a band Dave Evans and Thunder Down Under, for a short period of time I dated one of the guitarists, his name was Geoff Warner but he didn't stay on with Dave for very long. At the time Dave was heading over to California and Geoff decided he didn't want to go with them as they didn't have anything solid lined up. i.e. gigs etc, Geoff thought it was a big risk for himself financially to relocate to California with Dave and the band when there was no guarantee they would secure work.
As far as Hell's Bell's is concerned, you are in fact a complete moron and it was written in the 70's not by Bon Scott and not by Brian Johnson. I can categorically state that it was recited on tape that was given to Bon to use, I know where that tape was recorded, it was just a plain home tape, like a TDK tape, I know who was present in the room at the time the writer of Hell's Bell's recited it. You wont win me over here with this one, Hell's Bell's of all AC/DC songs is one I take very personally when confronted with a dispute to it's origin.
let there be rock

Slovenia

#17 Oct 12, 2011
,, She who knows the truth,,.... the story with Bon always moves me, but AC/DC are sufficiently talented that they can be the biggest band in the world!!! And I can-t wait for their next tour!!
she who knows the truth

Narre Warren, Australia

#18 Oct 12, 2011
Real ACDC Fan wrote:
Honestly does it really matter what happened to Bon the night he died? Hes dead and hes a human... He has talent. He made music.. It takes some talent to make music. He was able to stay in key and not fall out of key. I respect anyone who can do that sorry. To boot he did it with a good band AC/DC. Chill the heck out seriously... AC/DC is not your style. One thing I like DooWop, R & R, Rap, Jazz etc etc etc, the fact remains AC/DC made great music and deserves all the props that they get... Every think that if AC/DC was around in 1950's or 60's they would have made great music? Yes .... I'm sure people who listen to music from 1920's think Doowop is crap.. I don't agree.. It's just an opinion... I love it all, but AC/DC is great with Bon & good with Brian and Awesome Live!
Hi, you are right, he's dead and nothing can change that. How he died or what the events were on the night can not change that. 30 years later the music indurtry and fans still mourn his passing and those who may have known him personally still mourn his loss, nothing changes that. But I think the difference in how you view or question something probably rests with how personal that something is or relates to you. That's probably the difference between those that simply say,'hey he died because he was drunk and cholked on his vomit' and those that say 'it should never have happened, how did this happen, why was this allowed to happen?' These sort of questions arise because of the further inaccuracies that followed about him after his death; I guess it just smacks of some sort of cover up of the gross negligence associated with the whole business. It's just personal to some people, that's all.
You're entitled to your view of doowop music, hey, I don't condemn you and great that you love it and enjoy it, continue to do so. I like all sorts of music, so great whatever turns the individual on. Enjoy!
she who knows the truth

Narre Warren, Australia

#19 Oct 12, 2011
let there be rock wrote:
,, She who knows the truth,,.... the story with Bon always moves me, but AC/DC are sufficiently talented that they can be the biggest band in the world!!! And I can-t wait for their next tour!!
Hey, Let there be rock, sorry I don't mean to sound like I have anything against anyone who likes AC/DC, I like just about every song of theirs, but I guess perhaps thats for other reasons or maybe because when I listen to them the songs mean something else to me than I expect they do to most fans. I am not a fan, never have been, never will be. Even though it's Brian singing, his voice, I always think of Bon, of what the songs were to him, in relation to the who, how and why they evolved in many cases from poems to lyrics of songs. Fact: 50% of AC/DC songs on Back in Black and For Those About To Rock were in fact poems before the lines were lifted and assembled into lyrics for songs.
Go to their next tour and enjoy, I am not suggesting people shouldn't support them if they like the band. I just get so angry that they haven't ever acknowledged the people that enabled them to make this success of themselves. i don't necessarily mean that they had to do that publically, but on a personal level they could have acknowledged others. I especially dispise Brian Johnson because he wasn't there in the beginning, he did none of the hard yards but he claims credit for what others did. He gained the reward of fame and money riding on the coat tails, he should have left it at that and said 'hey, I can't write, I can't say where the lyrics came from but I didn't write them. But I sing them and I try to do them justice when I sing them, I try to do Bon justice by singing them the way I think he would have wanted me to, the way the writer would have wanted Bon to sing them.'
she who knows the truth

Narre Warren, Australia

#20 Oct 12, 2011
let there be rock wrote:
,, She who knows the truth,,.... the story with Bon always moves me, but AC/DC are sufficiently talented that they can be the biggest band in the world!!! And I can-t wait for their next tour!!
Sorry I also forget to mention that I have an immensehatred for the Australian music and entertainment industry for allowing AC/DC to have gotten away with the lies they have told over the years.
she who knows the truth

Narre Warren, Australia

#21 Oct 12, 2011
Real ACDC Fan wrote:
Honestly does it really matter what happened to Bon the night he died? Hes dead and hes a human... He has talent. He made music.. It takes some talent to make music. He was able to stay in key and not fall out of key. I respect anyone who can do that sorry. To boot he did it with a good band AC/DC. Chill the heck out seriously... AC/DC is not your style. One thing I like DooWop, R & R, Rap, Jazz etc etc etc, the fact remains AC/DC made great music and deserves all the props that they get... Every think that if AC/DC was around in 1950's or 60's they would have made great music? Yes .... I'm sure people who listen to music from 1920's think Doowop is crap.. I don't agree.. It's just an opinion... I love it all, but AC/DC is great with Bon & good with Brian and Awesome Live!
P.S: I also hate Silver Smith whom I hold indirectly responsible for Bon's death, she slong with others. Not only that she indirectly is responsible for having destroyed many other peoples lives, people who at the time when Bon died were just kids, not even adults. Her actions I believe helped destroy my life and continue to this day 30 years on to have had devastating effects on my sons life. I wish she had just overdosed and died 30 years ago.
Real ACDC Fan

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#22 Oct 12, 2011
I don't know what is truth or not, but the music ac/dc recorded with Bon was great. I understand your point "she who knows the truth" I really do, but bottom line say someone wrote all the lyrics and the music parts etc etc etc. Only one bad could pull it off. AC/DC in my opinion. I may love the music of AC/DC and one thing I feel as I get older (36 now) I don't idolize anyone. No point to... They are human and trying their best to be good people. I'm not perfect nor will I ever be... Do I lie? Sure... I don't do it to hurt anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ac/DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bon Scott is homosexual (Mar '08) Sep 15 Ya dad 56
A survey for my Research project Sep 13 Anonymous 1
News Weekend of festivals, AC/DC offers range of mus... Sep 3 d pants 2
non ac/dc songs that sound like ac/dc (Sep '07) Jul '16 Megeddo2020 42
AcDc Facebook Page (Sep '09) Jun '16 Robert Anderson 3
AC- DC Quiz 2 “If You Want Blood You’ve Got It'” May '16 ugur 1
Contact AC/DC? (Nov '08) May '16 RageMan 28
More from around the web