Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?

Posted in the Ac/DC Forum

First Prev
of 62
Next Last
Andrew Edwards

Australia

#1 Feb 24, 2006
Whos better? Give us your thoughts. I personally say bon scott. R.I.P bud.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DRP

AOL

#2 Feb 24, 2006
Thats like asking someone who do you love more, your mother or your father? They both are awesome and have contributed alot to the best band in the world "AC/DC!!!
Fishy Lips

Palestinian Territory

#3 Feb 27, 2006
Bon Scott, purely for the voice
Mike G

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2006
Brian is the best replacement AC/DC could have found for Bon. He is incredible in his own right. That being said, no one can ever replace Bon. I think he was the greatest frontman of all time.
Bon Scott

Wembley, Australia

#5 Feb 28, 2006
Andrew Edwards wrote:
Whos better? Give us your thoughts. I personally say bon scott. R.I.P bud.
Bon Scott had a greater voice
Motoerhead Rocks

Willisau, Switzerland

#6 Mar 1, 2006
Brian Johnson forever - nothing against celebrating mythical frontmen but anybody saying Bon Scott was the better frontman just ain't got no idea!'Back in Black' was THE statement a band could make after the demise of one of its members and without Brian Johnson the band could never have pulled off what they did post-1980, becoming THE most popular Rockband ever; heck, the band wouldn't even still be around had Bon Scott remained frontman.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Heather

Suffolk, VA

#7 Mar 1, 2006
Bon Scott
Damin

Hallowell, ME

#8 Mar 1, 2006
Bon scott is great but, its Brian Johnson that gets a place rockin' with his sherwd voice
Yardog

Florissant, MO

#9 Mar 1, 2006
Ya know I grew up listening to Brian Johnson and I think he is the best, but the more I listen to and watch Bon Scott on video I like him more and more. I think he was a bad ass. However I don't think AC/DC would be the band it is today without Brian. They both are awesome but I think Brian edges Bon out by a bit.
ElectricOmnibus

United States

#10 Mar 2, 2006
Bon Scott...Bon Scott...Bon Scott. It can't be said enough. Obviously Johnson is the choice of people today but most likely because the people commenting on the subject never saw Bon, not that I have, but in his hey-day he was the $*IT. As for him not putting out something as big as back in black, well you try dying at the height of your career. How does everyone know that Bon Scott wasn't going to go on and make the best album in heavy metal history???...As a closing statement, Anything Bon Scott ever made is about ten steps above "Fly on the Wall."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fatboy

Hallowell, ME

#11 Mar 2, 2006
i like both singers but Angus is really the heart and soul of the band if it wasnt for him ac/dc would be a suck ass band
ElectricOmnibus

United States

#12 Mar 3, 2006
I agree with that statement as well but if you want to find the real brain and heart behind the band it would have to be Malcom Young who's always been able to back up the entire band while Angus danced around the stage and around the fretboard. So without Angus "and" Malcom the band would be nowhere.
VINNY

Riverton, WY

#13 Mar 3, 2006
NO DISRESPECT TO BRIAN BUT HAVE ANY OF YOU LISTENED TO BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO?FOR ANY ONE TO SAY BRIAN IS BETTER ARE NOT REAL FANS,JUST COMPARE LYRICS I DARE YOU SAY THE JACK ASONG ABOUT THE CLAP SET TO A POKER GAME VERSUS ANYTHING FROM BACK IN BLACK TO NOW.WELL?NUFF SAID
Chops

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Mar 3, 2006
Damn, I like them both! So I really don't know why the hell I even entered this discussion. I believe I will quit typing now!
Sturty

Brisbane, Australia

#15 Mar 3, 2006
Bon Scott.(Bon was magic, but where would ac/dc be without brian johnson?)
Sammy - Sydney Australia

Australia

#16 Mar 7, 2006
Bon bought AC/DC's sound to the world and shook the rafters of many a bar before Brian took it to the stadium. As stated earlier it's hard to judge when we only got 5 or so good years from Bon and a good 25 from Johno.. They both rock as does ACA DACA but there can only be one BON RIP from your spiritual home in Sydney..Riding on the Highway!
Emelie

Överlida, Sweden

#17 Mar 11, 2006
Bon scott
JACK

Harrogate, UK

#18 Mar 11, 2006
brian johnson because he brought the AC/DC lads to great fame with his immence stage presence and his geordie appearance. BON IS AMZING FRONTMAN THOUGH
pymy

Perth, Australia

#19 Mar 16, 2006
bon or brian well what can u say thay are both great iliked bon for his cheeky stage antics and awsome writeing brain for his full on kick ass stick it to em aproach both are up there but bon would win this one
Laura

Gravesend, UK

#20 Mar 16, 2006
thats a cruel question,*cries* i think that is unfair to ask because they are just as good as each other...Bon rocked and was
absolutely fantastic and brian has done the same and kept the band going so... u know if we didnt have brian we wouldnt have AC/DC still going now "(if that makes any sense at all )please dont yell at me....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 62
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ac/DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ACDC Satanistic?????Please Help!! (Apr '08) Sep 15 tsch444 240
WHos better AC/DC or metallica???? (May '06) Aug '17 Cyrill Gasser 566
Who is Better AC/DC VS. Queen (Jun '07) Jun '17 freddiemercurylover 37
Contact AC/DC? (Nov '08) Apr '17 Michelle 29
Classic Rock Magazine Rates Bon Scott... (Sep '07) Mar '17 Blacksonne88 24
Back In Black Bon Scott Version (Aug '06) Feb '17 Sceptic 441
Famous People Who Like AC/DC (Apr '08) Feb '17 ACDCrocks 100
More from around the web