AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2006

Judged:

Hey people. I just listened to a rare back in black that is supposedly by bon scott. It doesn't sound that much like him. I'm unsure whether it's bon or someone messing with the song. Has anyone run across this on the web? Let me know.
angusrock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2006

its not bon he never recorded any tracks for back in black before he died
Rocker

Naas, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2006

Judged:

Bon never recorded any of the Back In Black songs, its probobly just a cover band that you heard, but he did write a lot of the lyrics
bob

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Judged:

I THINK IT WAS THE LEAD SINGER OF BAND CALLED KROKUS
MY BE THE SPELLIN IS WRONG
Phil

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

Rocker wrote:
Bon never recorded any of the Back In Black songs, its probobly just a cover band that you heard, but he did write a lot of the lyrics
Bon Scott wrote none of the lyrics for Back In Black. He had written 12 songs but when he died, the rest of the band thought it would be wrong playing Bon's songs with another frontman, so Brian, Malcolm and Ang just started from scratch. And besides why would you think Bon wrote those songs? They're about him! The whole F***ing album is a tribute to him! Back in Black explains how Bon's spirit will still be with us even though he is gone.
acdc ROCKS

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Bon Scott wrote none of the lyrics for Back In Black. He had written 12 songs but when he died, the rest of the band thought it would be wrong playing Bon's songs with another frontman, so Brian, Malcolm and Ang just started from scratch. And besides why would you think Bon wrote those songs? They're about him! The whole F***ing album is a tribute to him! Back in Black explains how Bon's spirit will still be with us even though he is gone.
EXACTLY!!! i hate it when people say bon wrote the album and brian didnt, its just stupid. bon was great and he was an outstanding songwriter but he did NOT write back in black
Rocker

Naas, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Judged:

He did write some of the lyrics for Back In Black, come on do you really believe that Brian Johnson wrote all the lyrics for all those brilliant songs like Givin the Dog a Bone, What do you do for Money Honey, Let Me Put My Love into You and Shake a Leg!!?? If Brian was able to write such witty and clever lyrics back then, how come he couldn't on most of the other albums made by AC/DC in the 80's and didn't even write lyrics for the last 3 albums......think about Bon Scott had an input in Back In Black. And besides Brian was announced as the their new singer on April 8th 1980 and the album was finished in June or July or something, how the hell could Brian have written all the lyrics in such a short space of time........think about it,Bon did write some lyrics for Back In Black.
Patty

Auburn, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Judged:

Rocker wrote:
He did write some of the lyrics for Back In Black, come on do you really believe that Brian Johnson wrote all the lyrics for all those brilliant songs like Givin the Dog a Bone, What do you do for Money Honey, Let Me Put My Love into You and Shake a Leg!!?? If Brian was able to write such witty and clever lyrics back then, how come he couldn't on most of the other albums made by AC/DC in the 80's and didn't even write lyrics for the last 3 albums......think about Bon Scott had an input in Back In Black. And besides Brian was announced as the their new singer on April 8th 1980 and the album was finished in June or July or something, how the hell could Brian have written all the lyrics in such a short space of time........think about it,Bon did write some lyrics for Back In Black.
Brian didn't write all the lyrics himself. It was a joint effort between Angus, Malcolm and Brian. They went to a remote island in the Bahamas where there wasn't much else to do but write and record all day. They were so determined to get an album out and keep the band going that they finished it in a short time.
Rocker

Naas, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2006

Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian didn't write all the lyrics himself. It was a joint effort between Angus, Malcolm and Brian. They went to a remote island in the Bahamas where there wasn't much else to do but write and record all day. They were so determined to get an album out and keep the band going that they finished it in a short time.
Bon had some lyrics written for the album that was to be Back In Black
fignewton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2006

Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Bon had some lyrics written for the album that was to be Back In Black
he didnt really write lyrics he wrote catchy lines here and there. like She told me to come but i was already there. he never wrote full lyrics.
(On Come, i meant the other kind but the stupid comp. wont let me say that.)
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2006

Judged:

Rocker wrote:
Hate to tell you Rocker, but Bon did not write any of the lyrics for Back in Black. It is well documented by Angus and Malcolm that none of Bon's lyrics appear on Back in Black. I have read most books written about AC/DC and they all reiterate that.

Think about it. Don't you think if Bon wrote any of those lyrics that Angus and Malcolm would get his name on the credits, instead of just "Young, Young and Johnson"? They have nothing but the utmost respect for him and would never slight anything he might have brought to that album.
Rocker

Naas, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2006

Judged:

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to tell you Rocker, but Bon did not write any of the lyrics for Back in Black. It is well documented by Angus and Malcolm that none of Bon's lyrics appear on Back in Black. I have read most books written about AC/DC and they all reiterate that.
Think about it. Don't you think if Bon wrote any of those lyrics that Angus and Malcolm would get his name on the credits, instead of just "Young, Young and Johnson"? They have nothing but the utmost respect for him and would never slight anything he might have brought to that album.
I believe Bon did write some lyrics for Back In Back and i can't and won't believe anything different, i think the main reason they didn't give Bon any credits was because they wanted to give Brain as good a start in the band as possible because he had to try to fill pretty big shoes and it wouldn't have looked too good on Back In Black if the credits read B.Scott/A.Young/M.Young/B.John son
MeXiCaN rOcKeR

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2006

Judged:

i dont know why people keep telling tha bon scott wrotte back in blacks lyrics, they just cant move forward, if the band had not written as great songs as i back in black its because back in black was made in the best moment, men, you can feel the energy in that album, it was written with hearth, thinking about what would have liked the most to bon, bon was great, but ac-dc is based on angus and malcolm, those guys are genius making music, and if they picked brian as theyre new singer back then in the 80s it was because they knew he would make a good job, and i believe hes been doing well
rockaroller

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2006

Judged:

Bon was responsible for some of the lyrics (at least the ideas, or even titles), for BIB---I don't care WHAT is documented. We have ALL read the books, heard the stories, and made our own opinions on the matter, but fact is fact.
Listen to the difference between the quality of Bon-era album lyrics (even on less popular songs), and Brian-era songs. Even when the songs are a collaborate effort between Brian and the brothers, they don't even hold Bon's F-ing wisky glass as far as lyrical skill is concerned.
Now, vocally and musically, they are comparable, but not in lyrical song-writing ability. Brian and the boys are no-doubt very witty in their song writting abilities, but Bon Scott was a Godd@mn GENIUS. Period. And it took genius to write BIB.
If Brian and the boys TRULY wrote the entire Back in Black album--in TEN DAYS as they say they did, why haven't they been able to put something down in the studio since then that even touches it. Sometimes (as in the case of the current project), they've had a five or six YEAR grace period to write albums, and you still can't listen to them all the way through without skipping some songs.
Now, don't get it twisted; AC/DC is my absolute FAVORITE band on the planet. I DO NOT listen to any other music regularly. Who made Who is in the C.D. player in my car RIGHT NOW. I swear to god I have fought people for saying that AC/DC sucks. I love this band so much that EVERYONE who has EVER met me and spoke with me for more than two minutes KNOWS that they are my favorite band. I talk about them so much, that people I associate with only part-time say that they think of me when they hear an AC/DC song on the radio. So Please, PLEASE.....don't think I'm not a fan--everything I say I say it with respect to the band.
aca-daca

Beachwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2006

Judged:

I just found out someone stole bon's grave plaque. That is so fucked up!
AcCa DaCca fan 4 ever

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2006

Bon DID however demo one or two songs pre wrote for the album. Nothing was recorded
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2006

Judged:

rockaroller wrote:
Bon was responsible for some of the lyrics (at least the ideas, or even titles), for BIB---I don't care WHAT is documented. We have ALL read the books, heard the stories, and made our own opinions on the matter, but fact is fact.
Listen to the difference between the quality of Bon-era album lyrics (even on less popular songs), and Brian-era songs. Even when the songs are a collaborate effort between Brian and the brothers, they don't even hold Bon's F-ing wisky glass as far as lyrical skill is concerned.
Now, vocally and musically, they are comparable, but not in lyrical song-writing ability. Brian and the boys are no-doubt very witty in their song writting abilities, but Bon Scott was a Godd@mn GENIUS. Period. And it took genius to write BIB.
If Brian and the boys TRULY wrote the entire Back in Black album--in TEN DAYS as they say they did, why haven't they been able to put something down in the studio since then that even touches it. Sometimes (as in the case of the current project), they've had a five or six YEAR grace period to write albums, and you still can't listen to them all the way through without skipping some songs.
Now, don't get it twisted; AC/DC is my absolute FAVORITE band on the planet. I DO NOT listen to any other music regularly. Who made Who is in the C.D. player in my car RIGHT NOW. I swear to god I have fought people for saying that AC/DC sucks. I love this band so much that EVERYONE who has EVER met me and spoke with me for more than two minutes KNOWS that they are my favorite band. I talk about them so much, that people I associate with only part-time say that they think of me when they hear an AC/DC song on the radio. So Please, PLEASE.....don't think I'm not a fan--everything I say I say it with respect to the band.
I don't think anyone doubts that Bon was the ultimate songwriter. He was the best, period! That being said, I don't neccesarily think Back in Black is such a great album because of the lyrics. Yes, they are very good lyrics but they don't really have the sexual double entendre lyrics that Bon is famous for. They are more direct lyrics. Example - Highway to Hell isn't about hell, but life on the road. Typical Bon. Besides "Given the Dog a Bone", there really isn't much "double entendre" on the album.

Back in Black was great (in my humble opinion) because of the riffs and great music that was written. Also, don't forget the Mutt Lange influence.

You say " why haven't they been able to put something down in the studio since then that even touches it?" How many bands have what may be the greatest rock and roll album of all time?? No one follows up an album like Back in Black. That is a once in a lifetime album. It appeals to everyone; die-hard AC/DC fan, radio listener, rock and roll fan, old and young.
rockaroller

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2006

Judged:

(to 'Mike").........touche'
AC_DC

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

OK.guys...i had a rare version Bon scott"Back in black"...i think thati it`s realy Bon sing...Bon was write 3 songs of the back in black"Back in black,Let me put my love into you babe,shake a leg,brian was write only Shook me all night long...and with that song album vas over....
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2006

Judged:

AC_DC wrote:
OK.guys...i had a rare version Bon scott"Back in black"...i think thati it`s realy Bon sing...Bon was write 3 songs of the back in black"Back in black,Let me put my love into you babe,shake a leg,brian was write only Shook me all night long...and with that song album vas over....
Not sure what you are trying to say, but I think you said that Bon wrote "Back in Black". That would be awful strange since the song is dedicated and titled to Bon Scott due to his death. Back in Black is referencing the band wearing black (what people where to funerals) to commerate Bon's death.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of418
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ac/DC Discussions

Search the Ac/DC Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
phil rudd (May '10) Apr 19 TaurangaNZ 5
AC/DC's Malcolm Young so sick unable to perform... Apr 18 Oliver Cromwell 2
Steve Smith: AC/DC retirement rumors; Abba turn... Apr 17 Tartar 1
AC/DC is finally splitting... (Nov '06) Apr 15 AshArcher 24
Whata s your favorite cover of a rock song a " ... Apr 4 Ballbreaker 1
Where does angus live (Jun '06) Mar '14 craig 294
ACDC losing in battle with Pink Floyd (Feb '06) Mar '14 Psyxx 359
•••
•••