Another blown save staggers Minnesota Twins

Full story: TwinCities.com

To conclude: The statue at Prospect Boulevard and Stryker Avenue overlooking downtown and appearing to be closer to the bluff line than 40 feet is called 'Overlook'' and is the work of a sculptor named David Wyrick.
Comments
61 - 75 of 75 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Walt

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

God what a pile of junk.
swschrad

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

aw, Joe... what city does NOT have an in-crowd with the fixers on one-touch dial?
Question

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Who is to say that the bluff didn't crumble 5 feet since the statue went up? How would the City know if that happened? I hear other residents complaining that their "bluffs" are crumbling and shifting their structures. It could have been 40 feet when it was erected, who can control Mother Nature.
Just wondering :).......
Answer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Is anyone having the St. Paul mayor Christopher Coleman's office phone? I followed someone who gave the link to his website but there is no phone, no secretary but must submit a form if you have question.
billy boy

South Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

I hope Dave Thune stops by the statue one last time and it falls over on him thus teaching him a lesson on not to mess with Jesus.
Godzilla

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>The simple fact seems to be that the St. Paul City Council is okay with the appearance of impropriety, and by extension, public corruption. What astounds me is that they don't seem bothered by it?
Huh?
jeez

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

even god wouldn't want such a fuggly piece lying around - jesus himself told me that you should just be quiet joe.
Stpaulie

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

St Paul Resident wrote:
I see this guy can’t have a 7 ft Jesus statue in his back yard, but the city builds a 7 ft LED sign for the Obama school in St. Paul
http://manythingsdonotfly.wordpress.com/2010/...
You're right. They don't need a sign, Even if it is out of the capital fund it sends a bad message. A sign that the neighbors do not want hardly builds strong community ties.
I have worked at few Saint Paul Schools including one not to far from Obama. Most do not have signs. In fact a few of the "no sign" schools are high performing.
Thanks for making this point. I hadn't really thought of it this way.
Goldy1

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Thune is just a pig, plain and simple. How this a-hole carries so much weight is beyond comprehension. I wish someone in the media would investigate this schmuck and expose him for what he really is: an influence-peddling liberal scum bag who has a hateful disregard for anyone whose political philosophy doesn't jibe with his own. He's even creepier than Obama.
offended progressives

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Who or what was the city of St.Paul named after? The city name of St. Paul may be the next target of these crazy leftists.
Thunes Baboon

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Jesus would not smoke in bars , either.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Cosetta? Pham? What does one have to do with the other. Joe must have had to pay for his meal at the restaurant.
Mr devil

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Joe you anti religious athiest i had enough of your garbage. anti god anti american i will never ever read or listen to your crap again you devil follower.
Perpetual Motion

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Politicians that hand out plums? What a revelation.

The political bar has been set so low, exposure of "alleged" corruption (today) is almost an asset. If it's national enough there may even be a reality show.

Nothing changes and there is rarely any justice -- any more than true merit is fully recognized.

Of course, we're all outraged until the next distracting commercial comes on trumpeting some wonder drug with 67 side-effects.

The sobering truth about American democracy is we deserve what we elect.
ho hum Thunes a bum

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Judged:

The greatest cafeteria food this side of Humboldt high! Not to mention, how many time has it been raide by INS and had more than half of its staff thrown aout because they are illegal workers. Now Dave wants 2 million (the cost of five rec centers) to put in a noddle bending machine. I bet Thune couldn't produce a receipt for eatting there once WINK WINK

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Vietnam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Engineers at Vietnam's sole oil refinery Dung Q... Jul 31 concern 2
3 jailed in southern Vietnam for smuggling peop... Jul 28 da bac ky dit it ... 1
US companies pounce on opportunities in Viet Nam Jul 22 vc only dig tunnels 3
HCM City: Construction of Vietnam's longest, mo... Jul 21 Confucius 2
Vietnam province sets up service to back Japane... Jul '14 short dicks 1
11 Vung Tau men busted stealing scrap metals fr... Jun '14 tha phuong cau thuc 1
Public investment projects ineffective due to s... Jun '14 you known i loss 1

Search the Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Vietnam Forum:
•••