Warren, Glen j, megaman, prime rib, o...

“Open Your Eyes”

Since: Nov 07

Ellesmere Port, UK

#2596 Feb 21, 2014
Never really thought about Corporate Kane being like Corporate Austin. Cool comparison.

I know what you mean about factions. I guess they've invested decent time into the Wyatt Family, but I don't care for Harper or Rowan, just Bray. Maybe they haven't shown us the best of Harper and Rowan. Agreed that The Shield will disband after WrestleMania; they had a good run. Cue Reigns' push to the top. Just hope Ambrose and Rollins don't get lost in the shuffle.

Yes! I know what you mean about actual characters and gimmicks. Was thinking about the sad day when Undertaker retires and wondered if we'd ever get a supernatural gimmick like that again. Personally I'd love it.

Chamber this weekend. Should be good, and Raw will be interesting with the Deadman's return and possibly even the Hulkster's return!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2597 Feb 22, 2014
I read about Hulkster's return, I hope they do a nice foil to Kane, have Hulkster be a "for the people" type of persona, he was once, and could easily be again, although I think this just reinforces CM Punk's point. But Hulk might be the exception, Hulk is wrestling. I think the Wyatts are the closest thing we will ever get to "dark and edgy". I really dont even consider Taker goth anymore, just because he is so old his style is more of a brawler when he is in the ring (though it is through no fault of his own). I also think Punk has kind of opened up the fan's eyes in terms of part time wrestler, almost to the point of making Taker look weak for only doing 1-5 matches a year. He really does need to hang it up. He has investments and what not already started outside of wrestling, so he has a life outside the ring.

Anway glad to see this thread still going strong, hope everyone is doing well. I got laid off back in November and am on the job search. Until next time!

“Open Your Eyes”

Ellesmere Port, UK

#2598 Feb 27, 2014
Yo Yo Yo (everytime I say that I think of Cryme Tyme lol). Hope u guys are all well, can't believe we're still going!

Sorry to hear you got laid off bro. I too was made redundant in January - sucks big time.

Hogan looked good on Monday, bothched the promo a bit but you can tell he was genuinely elated to be back. Yes the Wyatt's are the closest we will get to edgy - and for now I'm cool with that. Love their promos, could watch Bray talk riddles all day. Really draws you into the character. If the Wyatts were around 10-15 years ago they'd benefit hugely from a program with (original) monster Kane and (original) Mankind. Or as a part of the Ministry of Darkness? Anyway I just love the gimmick so nice to have something very different on the show. I know what you mean about Undertaker too. He plays up all the supernatural stuff but he's a brawling legend - gonna mark out like an 8 year old when I see him at WrestleMania! I too wish he'd appear a bit more. He'd be a good addition for SummerSlam or even his other trademark PPV - Survivor Series. I always thought (should a Sting match happen) it should be Sting defeating Undertaker at Survivor Series. Then the rematch for WrestleMania. Undertaker wins, streak lives on and neither man ruins the others legacy or tries to one-up as they'll be tied at 1-1.

Part timers I have no gripe with - just don't be selfish. Bootista chants summed things up nicely the other night. Was excited for him. Now I'm indifferent. Put Bryan (or Punk) in the main event or I'll boo the hell out of them with everyone else in Orleans.

Wonder when RVD and Y2J will be back. What's happening with the Authority wasn't Vince suposed to feud with HHH? And how beast did Undertaker look on Raw with his Ministry goatee'/ Deadman Walking.

Take it easy bros.

Location hidden

#2599 Feb 27, 2014
Well I am actually hoping i get hired this upcoming week at a job, so thats cool. I assume redundant is the same status as unemployed? RVD would be cool to see back, but I don't know, I just see these guys so past their prime and it makes me feel like I am getting so old. Imagine the wyatts with the Brood! them, Gangrel, Edge...or even The Flock (perfect fit)!

Sting will never go to WWE (for better or worse for him)...but sucks for us fans. WWE NEEDS a legit face right now, and yeah Daniel Bryan does a good job filling that role, and Hogan is back, but someone that is "that guy" I don't know who, I really think a new up and commer that the vets would actually allow to put over.

Anyone pay attention to TNA anymore? MVP is back there, and is a 2nd rate Bischoff (or has the role of)...I am so surprised that company still exists.

Addmitedly getting a bit nostalgic writing this entry, I really wish Angle would come back to WWE (full time, even for only a year or two)...that way he is more than a part-timer, but not a long term guy. Punk and Angle matches in WWE would be legendary.

“Open Your Eyes”

Ellesmere Port, UK

#2600 Mar 14, 2014
Yeah man redundant is virtually the same as unemployed. Good news is I got offered a job yesterday, couldn't have come at a better time as WrestleMania is only weeks away!!

YES! Wyatts and The Brood. Ultimate 6-man team right there. 10-15 years ago they'd have made kids shit themselves - no doubt Vince would shart himself lol.

I heard about MVP in TNA. Fair play for him, they'll make him a big star then screw him up in six months. I hear Lashley returned to the Impact Zone the other night too. ECW was not the right place for Lashley, no idea what Vince was thinking.

I did read that Kurt Angle does want to return to WWE when his TNA contract is up which I think is some time in the summer. Angle v Punk. Angle v Bryan. That's 2 WrestleMania main events right there. I think he'd have great matches with Cesaro, Swagger, Ambrose and Rollins. Plus it'd be great to see him in the ring one more time battling guys like RVD (who said he'll be back for SummerSlam) and Jericho. I could watch him and Angle all day long. Yeah I miss Kurt. It's damn true.

Sting - the hype is there and I selfishly want him in WWE but if it doesn't happen then cool, at least someone actually stuck it to Vinnie Mac and said "I ain't signing".

As for this legit face - well the E have had chance upon chance with guys like Ziggler, Cody etc but they build them up and break them down. I'd rather see Cesaro usurp Sheamus' position. Cesaro is beast and not cheesy. Nobody likes cheesy.

I hear they want Austin to do something at WrestleMania. Don't care what he does. So long as he stuns Hogan by the end of the night lol.

Location hidden

#2601 Mar 15, 2014
I am so mixed on this year's WM, they are trying so damn hard to hype it up, and adding this HHH vs Bryan match is interesting, esp with the stipulation, but if Punk doesn't come back, it will be all for not. I don't know what direction WWE is heading, and it's not because of all the different storylines and potentials, but because everything is so jumbled. I also would have loved to see Bryan put Stephanie in a hold or something instead of the little protest he held in the ring, would have sold the feud with HHH way better, maybe stephanie is too old, and too far out to actually take a decent bump, maybe she doesn't want to risk her health as a mother, but if this was 1998, she would have done it.

Glad to hear about your job, I got hired as well, started this week. Have you tried the wwe network or whatever it is called, I am interested in it, but it was a pretty big endeavor and I am positive it's going to crash whenever it gets too much activity, so i figured i'd wait until after WM and see how it handles.

Swagger vs Angle would be legendary, probably better than Bryan in reality.

“Open Your Eyes”

Ellesmere Port, UK

#2602 Mar 26, 2014
Glad you got hired mate!! Well done. No WWE Network in UK yet, the free trial notifications popped up a few times - even on the WWE App but I haven't used it yet. I'm looking forward to it though as I've been longing for a wrestling only channel for years. It'll be nice to see a lot of nostalgic moments as well as catching up on WCW moments I missed during the Monday Night War - as I was a WWF fan through and through. Even classic angles like Lawler bringing ECW into Raw and the WWF/ECW cross-promotions and feuds - I believe RVD wrestled on a Raw in '97. Good times. Is Shotgun Saturday gonna be on the Network? Stuff like that doesn't happen anymore but I remember seeing a picture of a ring set up at a train station or something like that in New York and The Rock and HHH were wrestling at the time. Man, if I could have a time machine I'd love to be in my early 20s enjoying the Attitude Era and 90s wrestling in itself.

Enough about that though lol. WrestleMania is so damn close!! I'm excited and slightly pissed off - mid card titles should be defended at WrestleMania. Kinda sad that Ambrose and Big E haven't got feuds, and I feel sorry for AJ Lee being thrown into a clusterfuck of a match. Would've rather seen the Divas do their usual Total Divas v Tough Bitches routine and see a non-title match between AJ and Paige. Neither is happy with the competition they're offered - let them face each other. Vickie wasn't clear either - is it Elimination rules or another Battle Royal? Or just a 16 odd Diva match? That really shortens the odds on her lol.

Steph once got pedigreed through the Spanish Announcers Table and if I remember she had a match vs Brock Lesnar on SmackDown. Sure it was an angle but she got herself into some situations back in the day. Would like to see her do some stuff nowadays. Even her own mother got Tombstoned by Kane on the steel steps (Good Gawd Almighty!!)

Last thought - I hope this Andre match works out well and isn't an opportunity for them to screw us fans with a "Santina" ending. Big Show for the win, or Mark Henry. If it is annual I'd like to see Cesaro win it next year. I have a feeling Hogan will enter himself and win it - that'd be great for the nostalgia but Paul Wight for the win. Do right by the man Vince, Big Show ain't gonna retire for another couple of years and if he wins this match it makes him relevant again and really cements his legacy as a Giant. Not a giant crybaby. Build him back up and he'll be more marketable and profitable. Just my two cents.

And how great was it to see Arnold bitch slap the shit out of the Miz?! Had me in stitches remembering the 1999 SmackDown! episode where Arnold beat the holy hell outta HHH. Would've loved to see a backstage stare down between them for a second (before commercial showing Arnold on his way to the ring - just to reference that moment. I like little things like that.) WWE sometimes forgets that while it has little kids as its fans us older ones don't forget what has happened every month. We actually remember what happened because we care about Wrestling.

Peace out for now. I'll post again just before I get to Nawlins and once again about my WrestleMania experience! For now, Have a Nice Day!

Bang Bang!

Location hidden

#2603 Apr 6, 2014
....RIP the streak....

“Open Your Eyes”

Ellesmere Port, UK

#2604 Apr 17, 2014
Holy shitballs. What an atmosphere in the SuperDome Mr. Hogan when the Streak came to an end. Absolutely stunned and shocked. I probably even cried inside a little bit. I've had time to allow it to settle in and I understand the business and logic and all that stuff behind it but holy hell am I still shocked.#ThankYouTaker

WrestleMania XXX and the post-Raw was an amazingly unbelievable experience. Can't remember who has/hasn't been to any WWE show live but my first time certainly won't be my last. Recommended to all.

Moving onto Mania itself now. Marked out like a little kid again when the opening segment kicked off - Hogan, Austin & Rock. Iconic moment. We all knew Bryan would finally get his payoff and it went down in an absolutely amazing way - great triple threat.

The other shocker of course is The Ultimate Warrior. Seeing him live at Mania on the stage (I didn't attend Hall of Fame) and seeing him at Raw is an experience I will never forget. But I did get that feeling that something seemed a little bit 'off'. Was devastated when I woke up on Tuesday looking forward to another great day on Bourbon Street when I heard about Warrior. I think it's safe to say WrestleMania XXX week was one of the most emotionally draining weeks in wrestling.

WWE is getting better (cause for celebration) and the future looks here. Evolution is back for now, Prime how do you feel about Kane putting the mask back on? He looks to be in the best shape of his career (post '02 injury) and this could be his final run - hope he just tears The Authority a new hole.

Final thoughts - when in the blue hell is Vince coming back? Man I miss Vince.

The Rock for Hall of Fame 2015 - I read this is Vince's plan and I myself do plan on going to WM31 next year and as I'm a big Rock fan this is gonna be a must see for me. But who will he wrestle? Common consensus is that a wrestler goes down on his shield - Rock always loses on his way out but what about next year? Will it be his final match at 40something years old? I kinda don't wanna see Rock be a Hall of Famer yet, it's just gonna make it official that he'll hardly ever be around again (a la Stone Cold).

Undertaker v Sting - Sting (if he has actually signed) was under the impression he'd have a match against Undertaker. If I recall, Rock was supposed to wrestle Brock this year and Undertaker was to do battle with Sting. Anyway, with the streak over will Undertaker have a few more matches but never another at WrestleMania? I understand how the 'pressure is off Taker' but I'd prefer if he never steps foot at WrestleMania again (21-2 is still impressive but takes away the 'being the One' from Lesnar), just stick to SummerSlam and Survivor Series and work a program with Sting. Just curious to how it's all gonna go down, there really isn't much time left for this match. I wouldn't even mind Sting teaming with Undertaker and Kane for a while before they all feud among each other. Just spitballing ideas now.

Anyway what did you all think of WrestleMania and the post-Raw? Paige as Divas champion - shocker. Cesaro is on fire right now, loving his work.

Peace for now my brothers.

“YOU'RE STEWED BUTTWAD!!!”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#2605 Apr 22, 2014
EVOLUTION HAS RETURNED!!!! i was just blown away by it. i havent seen them 2gether since 2005.

anywho whats up with everybody here? did yall have a nice Easter? i know i did. dont worry i havent forgotten about any of you

Location hidden

#2606 Apr 26, 2014
First: Millions-I think that's how everybody reacted, unfortunately I kind of think it's too little too late, imagine if his streak was broken ten years ago, say when Orton had his Legend Killer persona. Now it almost seems weak to have ended the streak at Takers age, I think us die hard fans were really the only ones who cared, and we have realized how badly the product of WWE is, they had no choice but snap the streak, just to have a fresh product. And no one really even cares now.

Prime-howthehell ya been! I just had a weird flashback of Test. Can't believe the wrestlers who have passed, that the new generation will never appreciate, Warrior being one of them. My Easter was uneventful, which was more than alright.

Not much else new around my parts. Well, until next time!

“Open Your Eyes”

Ellesmere Port, UK

#2607 May 8, 2014
OldSchool - when I landed back in UK all my mates said they reacted the same way. Complete shock. After viewing Mania again I can't believe how battered he looked. If Lesnar was a full time wrestler he'd be getting mega heat for this instead of Heyman coming out weekly stating the facts. Like Jericho said you've got a legit MMA bad ass beating a tired old zombie man lol. But I'm with JR on this one - it should've remained intact. Your point about Orton is spot on though, I believe Taker requested Orton to break it at WM21 but Orton declined out of respect. Apparently Taker also requested Kurt Angle and rumor has it - Kane. I get it. I can live with it. I just don't like it.

WWE has been ok since Punk left us all high and dry. Will he ever come back? I think we will see him in some way shape or form but I'm loving all the madness right now to even care. Evolution baby!! This is how Batista should be, and it breaths some freshness into Orton. He's less robotic when part of Evolution. The Flair/Shield interaction was cool. But hats off to Extreme Rules. I've read this online in several places (mainly reddit/squaredcircle) but it felt like a 90s PPV. Shield v Evolution was a crazy match and I enjoyed the solid effort by Kane in the main event. Slightly annoyed how the announcers didn't mention how old school Kane seemed in all he did in that match (small things to notice but thats me for you) such as being thrown over the top rope and always landing on his feet, "no selling" the majority of Bryan's offense, sitting up after knockdowns. Just seemed a lot more 90s Kane than we've seen lately. If the rumors are true of the Buried Alive match for Payback I'm all for it. Firstly, that PPV needs a decent gimmick match before they scrap it and bring back something as horrible as Fatal 4 Way (seriously what were they thinking with that? Even Breaking Point was better) and it's a good way to write Kane out for a bit. Either way there has been some decent wrestling going on. Sheamus as US Champ - whatever keeps him out of the main event. Heard he might go heel. Final thoughts - loving Cena v Wyatt. That's all I gotta say about that for now.

Hope you guys are all well. Holla!

Location hidden

#2608 May 19, 2014
So I just got out of the shower (great thinking time for me) and WWE popped into my head. I got to thinking, what is the future of the WWE hall of fame. I mean, let's think about the guys that are in it, and what they contributed, and then who is going right now and if they are HOF worthy. There only seems to be a handful of guys WWE is pushing on us, and only 3-5 of them are the "complete package" everyone else is either an average wrestler, average on the mic, or both. Here's the conundrum with this. Take a guy like Coco B. Ware. Average performer, but loads of charisma. Or a guy like Rey Mysterio, never really a mic guy, but great charisma and great performer. Then of course you have your Takers, your Andersons, your Austins, all the complete package.
So now, who do we have today? Cena who is a sure fire HOF, and should be. Daniel Bryan, who is a sure fire HOF, and should be. Orton, who is a sure fire.
Then you got Batista, who it can really be argued against him, since he is an average wrestler and terrible on the mic, but huge charisma. Then it drops off in my opinion. I mean let's look at the guys that have been in for 5 years or so. You have Cody Rhodes, Sandow, you have Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, then after that it becomes even harder! and let's not even begin to talk about the terrible diva's division, cause there aint no trish stratus or Lita's in that group. Whatever happened to Beth Phoenix anyway?
And how about Lesnar? he will be a HOFer, but should he be? and whatever happened to Ryback? I really think WWE is going to find itself in a TERRIBLE position in 5-15 years if they keep this trend of concentrating on what? a dozen performers?
back in the 80s and 90s, and even early 2000s there were so many story lines that received great attention that whether they held the title even once, it never mattered, look at mick foley, great example, was only WWE champion once, and an average wrestler, but was loaded with charisma and personality that he is a LEGEND.
I really, really hope this gets fixed soon, I just don't see how it will.

Anyway, thats my thoughts for the day!

Location hidden

#2609 Jul 11, 2014
So apparently WWE is in HUGE financial crisis. It almost seems like HHH is what Hogan was for WCW, which is crazy considering the next to ZERO real competition WWE has. It was reported that in the last several months WWE reportedly lost up to $200 Millions USD in ONE day. I don't get it. I know part of that figure was because of the launch of the WWE network, which has been a pretty HUGE failure, I imagine it like this, WWE needs to shed itself of the PG title, or truly re-create the ECW brand, but make it ONLY available to the network. Doing this would make sure that any hardcore and "non-family friendly" story lines aren't on public TV. Keep it it's own entity, NEVER mix it's current Raw or SM rosters, and really DO NOT mention it during television or PPV programming. Obviously doing this means you won't have the big theatrical productions that PPVs, and even television broadcasts have, but I think thats why we loved the old ECW anyway.
To add credibility to his have one of the originals (Tommy Dreamer) be the manager of the new ECW and I think there is a pretty good chance something like this could work. I think this could also help bring more subscriptions to the WWE Network, because right now it is far from profitable. I don't know, it just seems like anytime Vince TRIES to expand his reign, it blows up pretty bad (XFL anyone?).
These are just my thoughts though! been pretty quiet here, hope everything is well with everyone!

“Open Your Eyes”

Telford, UK

#2610 Oct 1, 2014
It's a quiet thread but it will never die!!

How's everyone doing? I'll jump straight into it shall I:

OldSchool your shower thoughts have really made me realise how WWE has no main eventers who they can consider "the future". I can name 5 main eventers now who I've been watching for over a decade - Cena, Orton, Kane, Show and Henry. While the latter two flit between mid and top card they can carry a main event when required. Their experience is invaluable and they come from an era where battling for survival was the name of the game. I recently saw a picture of the WWE Performance Center and there is a sign on a wall saying "You're not here to fill a spot, you're here to take a spot". It really hits home with something Jericho said a few years ago when asked about negative reactions in the locker room regarding The Rock's return. Y2J said a lot of people were mad that he came in and took a spot; but he explains that the talent is to blame. Want to make sure you're not left off? Be unmissable. Be irreplaceable. A lot of wrestlers have been given huge pushes over the past five years and where does it leave us? It's the tail end of 2014 and our two biggest babyfaces of the year are nowhere to be seen. Bryan won't wrestle again until he has been 100% cleared and even then his ring-style will change. Punk won't wrestle again until he can be bothered, or sees a change in WWE, or because The Texas Rattlesnake convinces him (have to hope right?) my point being who is gonna be the next man to come up? Personally I would scrap the United States Championship and have everyone battle over the Intercontinental Championship, bringing its prestige back. The tag team division is going back and forth but has generally looked promising. Really enjoying the work between Usos and Dust Brothers. The Usos though need a bit of individuality. Doing the same stuff is great (Hardyz, Dudleys etc.) but when they had a singles match you looked forward to Twist of Fate and Whisper in the Wind etc. I think this focus on the Intercontinental Championship will allow for more broader storylines for the WWE Championship. Whoever has the herculean task of defeating Brock Lesnar needs to be on a roll! My personal choices are Cesaro, Bryan, Punk or Kurt Angle (depending if the last two return). Reigns is too green and while I can get behind his excitement I wanna see more in the ring. Ambrose and Rollins will be main eventing in a couple years but I see it as a slow build though Ambrose could easily have his Austin moment and fly to the moon. So on one hand I'm loving all the action in WWE right now, and it's amazing all this madness is going on with an injured Bryan, absent Undertaker and part-time champion. How much crazier will things be? Jericho is back in November (seen him advertised for Raw UK tours in November), Sting is yet to officially debut, Angle hasn't declared where he is going (but keeps saying January which screams Royal Rumble), Batista is yet to return (hello Hollywood he signed a two year contract) and The Rock and Stone Cold could be at WrestleMania! Long rant guys I know and some of it may be jumbled I've been so busy with work I hardly have time to watch wrestling (Raw is all I watch now, read about the rest). But my final thought is (specially for those who tuned into Raw this week) what's going on with The Wyatt Family? Is Harper going into singles action? And where was Rowan?

Hope you guys are keeping well! I'm planning to go to WrestleMania 31 too, anyone else?

Location hidden

#2612 Dec 1, 2014
Digg we don't need ya! have to admit though, I have BARELY been keeping up with WWE as of late, a partially product of that time of the year, and partially because it's product is THAT BAD. I really am not a fan of it's current storylines and the whole anonymous GM thing again, do they think we have a short term memory? And I really am not a fan of this whole Wyatt storyline. Everyone how ya been doing? keeping busy on my part, but things have been well!
One of the Millions

Telford, UK

#2613 Dec 16, 2014
Busy is good OldSchool lol. How is everyone else?

We now know that Punk won't be coming back and Bryan's status is up in the air - how long was he estimated to be out for? But these past few weeks have been hit and miss. Refreshing change to see different main events and I haven't entirely missed the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. We always knew the fall and winter aren't the most exciting but fingers crossed the momentum can be built up for the coming year.

Still been meaning to catch NXT - though the PPVs have been brilliant so far! Seen them all and really enjoying the talent. Balor, Itami, Zayn, Neville and Owens. The future is bright!

“Open Your Eyes”

Telford, UK

#2614 Dec 29, 2014
Ascension at Raw next week? I'm just waiting for the Mania storylines to begin... oh yeah, and the Rumble! Let the speculation begin...

Have a good new year peeps!

“YOU'RE STEWED BUTTWAD!!!”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#2615 Jan 1, 2015
Happy New Year everybody!!!! whats up? haven't been keeping up on WWE much anymore like I used to. I watch bits of Raw and Smackdown every week just to watch Kane. when he retires then ill stop watching altogether. I still like the Big Show evn though hes not the same guy that I remember. see that Viscera died back in February after turning 43. surprised he made to that age with all that weight he was carrying. ont know much of anything else. ill stck my head in here every once in a while to see whats going on. see you guys later

Location hidden

#2616 Jan 15, 2015
I hadn't heard about Viscera, can't say I am surprised though. Another interesting "fat man" that you should read up on was Kamala, he's had a rough life post WWE. I am worried that Sting will be in the WM main event, and I hope not. Had he performed even once-twice a month for 2014 I wouldn't mind as much. Also, what do we think about Punk going to UFC. I am still unsure, do we know which name he will be fighting under? CM Punk did an interview with Todd Grisham though for UFC on ESPN, it was spooky, even they had to recognize the weirdness of it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will win the Royal Rumble in 2008? (Aug '07) Apr '17 Taker 602
News Kane world champion of raw but is it for long??? (Jun '08) Apr '17 brotha of destruc... 24
Pedro Morales (Feb '08) Apr '17 brotha of destruc... 110
Poll what do u think happend to hhh619 (Dec '08) Oct '16 MooseNugget 39
Vickie Guerrero's nude photographs (Jan '09) Sep '16 Dean 16
what happened 2 BIG DADDY V??? (May '08) Jan '15 PRIME RIB 92
Dr pouls +27785842430 abortion clinics in Lesot... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Dr pouls 3
More from around the web