PETA Offended by Battlefield 3

Nov 8, 2011 Full story: stickskills.com

The animal rights activist group PETA has apparently found cause to take up arms against Battlefield 3, which released 2 weeks ago for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 8, 2011
I played the game myself (good game, short story line though) and dont understand why they even put the rat killing into the game. Alot of the solider games have some sort of animal killings, usually dogs.

I doubt it will influence male buyers of the game to go out and stab rats though but you never know with people these days.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2 Nov 8, 2011
UAAF wrote:
I played the game myself (good game, short story line though) and dont understand why they even put the rat killing into the game. Alot of the solider games have some sort of animal killings, usually dogs.
I doubt it will influence male buyers of the game to go out and stab rats though but you never know with people these days.
Just another case of ARA/PeTA insanity. This one must really be "out there" if a terrorist supporting POS like you finds fault with it. Seems that ARAs are down on certain kinds behavior unless, of course, it is their own behavior. Go figure......

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 14, 2011
I go with UAAF most of these first person shotters nowadays 'have the option or need to kill some animal like chickens in modern warfare 2 to get title and dogs in call of duty black ops and modern warfare franchise.
Pleasure Beach Lover

Trumbull, CT

#4 Nov 15, 2011
What about the sexism that exists in the video games?

PETA....this is a great example of picking your battles. It's a video game that's rated M for mature. If parents were doing their jobs, kids under 16 wouldn't be playing this game.

“Already eat all indons?”

Since: Sep 11

planet zargus

#5 Nov 16, 2011
Battlefield 3?its awesome this game?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SCEA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beyond: Two Souls PS4 trophies emerge, Director... Sep '14 Dylan123 1
CAR LIFEAcura NSX bows in 'Gran Turismo 6' (Dec '13) Dec '13 animal control 3
Gran Turismo 6 Developer to Launch Patch on Day... (Oct '13) Oct '13 frack 1
UK Video Game Charts - Mario & Luigi Can't Do I... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Friv 1
The Last of Us is the fast-selling of 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Lacez 1
Review: Humanity abides in 'The Last of Us' (Jun '13) Jun '13 El ameen 1
PS4's Play While Downloading Feature to Appear ... (May '13) May '13 ABILAWON LAWRENCE 3

SCEA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE