'Need for Speed' filming: Temporary c...

'Need for Speed' filming: Temporary closure of 13th Street Bridge likely to impact thousands

There are 24 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from May 29, 2013, titled 'Need for Speed' filming: Temporary closure of 13th Street Bridge likely to impact thousands. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

While a big-time movie studio plans to crash a car over the 13th Street bridge next week, many residents on the Alabama side of the Chattahoochee River are plotting new routes to work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#1 May 29, 2013
thanks for the Shout Out,..

big-time movie studio

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2 May 31, 2013
Big Time wrote:
thanks for the Shout Out,..
big-time movie studio
Yeah, that's pretty cool, and they should get some great footage right there at the Chattahoochee River and Columbus Skyline, as well.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Location Shown

#3 May 31, 2013
Could Be a new way to get the rafters started, Pickup truck, Sunday Booze and the raft full of folks,...

Just tie a rope to truck,..almost the same as a bycycle off the dock on Harding,..

Columbus, GA

#4 Jun 1, 2013
Big Time wrote:
Could Be a new way to get the rafters started, Pickup truck, Sunday Booze and the raft full of folks,...
Just tie a rope to truck,..almost the same as a bycycle off the dock on Harding,..
Starring Burt Reynolds in a reprise of his old Bandit role... or perhaps a sequel to "Deliverance", which also took place on the Cahttahoochee River?

--

Location Shown

#5 Jun 1, 2013
I was in Henry County when they filmed Smokey 1, lot of backroads back then , so they would block the roads film and be gone. Was funny with all the movie GSP cars in front of AIR, Atlanta Motor Speedway now , was international,..CB would be buzzing about slow down

Columbus, GA

#6 Jun 1, 2013
Big Time wrote:
I was in Henry County when they filmed Smokey 1, lot of backroads back then , so they would block the roads film and be gone. Was funny with all the movie GSP cars in front of AIR, Atlanta Motor Speedway now , was international,..CB would be buzzing about slow down
My wife, son and several friends were in the crowd scene of Cannonball Run up in Atlanta back in 1981... Kenny Rogers movie I think it was.
Chris

Lilburn, GA

#7 Jun 3, 2013
This for the movie need for speed based of the video game by EA

Columbus, GA

#8 Jun 3, 2013
Chris wrote:
This for the movie need for speed based of the video game by EA
Is this this first movie to be based on the game or is it a sequel?
Slatman

Pittsview, AL

#9 Jun 4, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
"Deliverance", which also took place on the Cahttahoochee River
No, the Chattooga River in Rabun County Ga, NE corner of the state.

Columbus, GA

#10 Jun 4, 2013
Slatman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Chattooga River in Rabun County Ga, NE corner of the state.
Ah, okay... I haven't seen the film since it was new, 40 years ago, so some of that detail has blurred:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliverance_ (novel)

"Deliverance is a 1970 novel by James Dickey, his first. It was adapted into a 1972 film by director John Boorman. In 1998, the editors of the Modern Library selected Deliverance as #42 on their list of the 100 best 20th-Century novels.[1] The novel was included on Time magazine's list of the 100 best English-language novels 2005 list of the 100 best English-language novels written since 1923..."
Water World

Pittsview, AL

#12 Jun 4, 2013
Turbines wrote:
Build housing projects there too.
And then fill it back up with water.

Location Shown

#13 Jun 4, 2013
•Worldwide, hydropower accounts for about 20% of all electric generation.
•Hydropower is carbon-free and climate-friendly. It does not produce air pollution or create any toxic by-products. Per capita carbon emissions in the Northwest are about half what they are in other regions of the country, largely due to the abundance of hydropower.
•Hydropower is low-cost compared to other forms of renewable energy.

•Hydropower is generated at only 3% of the nation's 80,000 dams.

Columbus, GA

#14 Jun 4, 2013
Turbines wrote:
The Oliver Dam is out of date. Forced water through one huge turbine can do the same now as the whole dam. They should remove it completely and return the river. The city could sell and develop the real estate that removing Lake Oliver would create. Build housing projects there too.
That seems doubtfull...

Location Shown

#16 Jun 6, 2013
colored people and minorities should organize on a national scale to raise money to populate GREEN ISLAND HILLS with colored people and other minorities as Local assoc of colored people on James Earl Ray Turnpike

Columbus, GA

#18 Jun 6, 2013
Cowboy Hat Why wrote:
Hey poet. Why the new COWBOY HAT ICON photo? We all thought from the leatherman photo you were into that. Is this your new BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN persona?
I just tried the hat on and liked it, thanks for the critique, though.

As for personas, that's not changed so much, for example:

Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars

http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4

Shark Pact Manifesto

The law of the undertow
it ends at the waterline.
In the Summerville night
not all of us can win.
There we are
where we never really were
Here we are
sidestepping the future.

Smile at me
while you stab me in the back.
Smile at me
make the moment last.

Standing near Ferry Landing
wind stinging my eyes.
Centuries reflect on the river
as you smile from the sky.
Shark Pact manifesto
no one makes a sound.
Silent waiting for the Tie Snake
to drag us Underground.

I saw the river darken
so green it turns to black
With the sun fading away
edge of Alabama on my back.

Here we are
at the only place you'd allow
There you go
forcing my hand on
this burning bridge now.

There we are
where we never really were
Here we go
sidestepping the future.
Smile at me
from out of the past
Smile at me
make it last.

-Will Dockery

Shark Pact Manifesto written by Will Dockery (words) & Rusty Wood (music)
©2013 W. Dockery-R. Wood, All Rights Reserved.

--

Columbus, GA

#21 Jun 6, 2013
Speaking of Smiling wrote:
Speaking of Smiling, every few months retale any cool stories from the life of Columbus Super Star Celebrity SMILEY PARRISH. He was a Shadowville All Star wasn't he. See if you can post a few Smiley photos for his legions of fans.
There's a fellow who shot a lot of video of those folks like Smiley.

Maybe he'll read this and decide to post some of those videos he has on YouTube?

--

Columbus, GA

#22 Jun 6, 2013
The Hat wrote:
Did the owners of THE HAT
The hat is mine, my silly little friend.

--

Columbus, GA

#24 Jun 6, 2013
The Hat wrote:
The hat might want to be cleaned off after you wear it itself. Have you ever asked the hat if it wants to be cleaned after you wear it? If it does not answer it might just be too embarassed. So why not clean the hat out of courtesy. It is tough enough being a hat in this world. Especially one owned by a 100 Pound Q-Tip. So please do it for the hat. Clean it. Maybe some HIGH KARATE cologne spritz on it too while you are at it.
Thanks for your intense concern about me, but perhaps you can try to focus your obsessions on a more worth subject?

I'm not that interested in having another gushy, anonymous admirer... heh.

--

Columbus, GA

#26 Jun 6, 2013
The Hat wrote:
It is the HAT we are all concerned about. Its well being. You always gotta focus on yourself don't you.
I have many hats, from Stetsons to pork pies, I assure you the Hat is in good hands.

Location Shown

#27 Jun 9, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronic Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dead Space 2 And Dead Space 3 Backward Compatib... May '17 BLOODY__FATALITY 1
News Natalie Dormer finds Andromeda alien doctor rol... Feb '17 Magic Utah Uwear 1
News Ken Poteet Leads Sterling Bank Event In Raising... (Jan '13) Dec '16 Sheena 15
News Xbox Live Games With Gold February 2016 Announced (Jan '16) Sep '16 BLOODY__FATALITY 12
News 'The Sims' removes gender barriers in video game (Jun '16) Jun '16 BLOODY__FATALITY 4
News LGBT - Star Wars' Characters: A Brief History (Mar '16) Mar '16 Pope Out To Pasture 1
News Caryville police searching for Kenny Bartley af... (Oct '14) Sep '15 Paul Phalupian 20
More from around the web