WB Wants Buffy Spin-off

WB Wants Buffy Spin-off

There are 52 comments on the IGN FilmForce story from Jan 19, 2006, titled WB Wants Buffy Spin-off. In it, IGN FilmForce reports that:

January 19, 2006 - The WB thinks it has a winning idea for a new film: a story that centers around the vampire Spike from the cult Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at IGN FilmForce.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sinead

Edinburgh, UK

#1 Feb 1, 2006
i think the idea of a movie about spike is a brillant idea and i hope that the company goes through with it. also if the movie does go ahead that its played by the oringal actor James Marster
Mike Wilson

Herndon, VA

#2 Feb 15, 2006
I think if you have Spike on his own show, have him loose his soul somehow.
christy

Gloucester, VA

#3 Mar 2, 2006
Bloody well right, Spike needs his own show. I say please bring it on.
huh

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Mar 3, 2006
Mike Wilson wrote:
I think if you have Spike on his own show, have him loose his soul somehow.
I dont' know about a whole show centered on Spike. The whole Angel thing kind of makes it feel like "been there, done that"
fbvbv

UK

#5 Mar 14, 2006
I think they should just bring angel back they didnt finish angel properly they left it open but they closed buffy full stop the end that was it i dont think they should make a full series of just spike it should be angel with spike in it see what actually happened in the last episode
Aish

Marrickville, Australia

#6 Mar 30, 2006
noo not angel!!! i think a movie is a great idea though.(and it better be james marsters acting as spike of course :). Also, if spike does lose his soul, that's just a repeat of what happened to angel in buffy so i'm not so sure it's a good idea :s anddd... can't buffy come back in the movie? i want to see what hapens with buffy and spike!
buffymad

London, UK

#7 May 2, 2006
well if spike loses his soul it wouldnt make sense because he was good before he got a soul so there wouldnt be a difference i think it would be good if they did a spinoff but still having around the area of a hellmouth like the one in cleveland for example or something like if a hellmouth closes a new one opens i also think they should either do a faith or spike spinoff, carry on with with angel, or do a movie
Katie

Wellington, New Zealand

#8 May 7, 2006
A Spike spin-off would be awesome, he's the coolest character. Having Buffy in it would be nice but not absolutely nessersary, he would however need 1) a group of people who didn't like him overly much but tolerated him and gave him the amo he needs for his jokes and 2) a love interest.
I'm currantly holding off watching the final of Buffy since then I won't have any more to watch so I don't know exactly how it ends and I havn't seen much of Angel after the end of S1 so I can't say who I think would be good to have in it or what a good story line might be...
Ah well, the only thing I would say is that the more sarcastic Spike is the better :)
Amber

United States

#9 May 24, 2006
I loved Spikes character, and the relationship between Buffy and Spike was scorching at times. I think their relationship was hotter then any of Buffy's previous relationships, even the one with Angel, because it was soooo wrong;) But I highly doubt that Mrs. Gellar would lower herself (in her eyes) to appear on another sitcom, she's even said that she always had loftier goals and can be quite a demanding diva on set. I still loved her character and she is a really good actress when she sets her mind to it.

The way they ended Angel still pisses me off when I think about it. They really should put out a small screen movie that answers some questions. They closed the book with the final episode of Buffy, and I only think it's fair to the loyal following of Angel fans to close the book on this also....with a small opening for a spin-off of course;)

I could see the WB taking up a Spike spin-off with Faith. He did a cameo with a television show they have on there, along with a reoccurring role on Smalleville, so they seem to like him and they did have an interest in the Angel series. BUT the WB and UPN are merging to create a whole new network, so who knows?
Emma

Australia

#10 May 24, 2006
Enough talking about this topic. They have been saying there is going to be a spin off ever since the end of Angel. Well hurry up I want to see Spike in action.......
Joe

United States

#11 Jun 13, 2006
as long as the original directors, and of course james masters agree to it i would love to see either a spin-off series or a tv movie. between the original two series spike was my favorit character
buffycrazy

London, UK

#12 Jun 25, 2006
buffy finished years ago & im still watching it same with angel i fink they shud do a spin-off to keep the spirit of buffy alive i think a faith spin off or a spike spinoff would be agoood idea but ive also heard summit about a anya: the demon years but we NEED a movie or spin off
Willow

UK

#13 Jul 13, 2006
I think a spike spin off series would ROCK!!!I read that faith turned down having her own spin off series i think harmony should be in it too because she is funny and she was awesome in the end of angel. I think they should end angel better maybe a movie of something.
Indiana Sue

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jul 21, 2006
Would love to see a Spike series with my favorites: Giles, Zander, Faith,Jonathan,Fred, Willow,Wes,Gunn,Lorne and some of the potential slayers. Who needs Buffy or Angel?! They (Michele and David)have moved on and I say good-bye and good luck to them. There were so many others that made the shows a hit.I for one would dearly love to see the above favorites back on TV and in my living room weekly. Miss you much!!!!!!!!!!
Poffi

Kazakhstan

#15 Jul 23, 2006
I really don't think that an angel spin-off woulf be a good idea.. I dunno why, it just that the idea doesn't excite that much... I would prefere a lot a Faith Spin-Off, of course with Andrew and Wood in it!!!
guitarmutt

United States

#16 Jul 24, 2006
I think if there were a Spike spin off( a movie or whatever), Dru should come back. There's a lot of unfinished history, and she is a kick ass villian.
Gothically Interested

United States

#17 Aug 14, 2006
Spike is an awesome character. I would really have a dying girly fit if he had his own show. Overall, I think all the Spike fans would agree, we want our platinum blonde teddy bear back!
Ang

Tacoma, WA

#18 Aug 27, 2006
If they make a spinoff I think it should be like what happened after the hellmouth closed. I mean having all those new slayers and yet no watchers accept Giles that is a cliffhanger. Who will teach those girls how to fight evil? How about the ones who had done it before. Buffy, Faith, and the old gang. Have to have Spike though he is my favorite love interest in Buffy's life.
HMM

Moseley, VA

#19 Aug 28, 2006
Good idea, Ang.
They could bring it back after hellmouth, and have Giles and Spike kind of training a new group of choosen ones, since, in the past, there was only one at a time....
otherwise, it would be just another episode of buffy, but with spike.
Angelis

AOL

#20 Sep 2, 2006
I think its funny that people want to see a Spike spinnoff and not Angel. Angelis made Spike the little bit of a bad ass that he is. Remember before Spike was a vampire he was a total whimp and wrote poetry (not that, that is a bad thing), its just most bad asses don't write poetry. Before Angelis was turned, Angel was a beer drinkin, bar fighting, bad-ass. Spike's whole persona is about how he has to prove he is as good as Angel. Angel never needed to prove himself to anyone, especially not Spike. Spike is good for comic relief and that is why he belongs as the side-kick and not star of the show. I like Spike's character, but not as a main character. Besides I think he will be doing more stuff on the Smallville show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Quiz Feb '17 herseydenvar 1
News TV Fashion: Lily Aldrin from 'How I Met Your Mo... (Dec '10) Dec '11 Sbrina 2
News Local shops to participate in Free Comic Book D... (May '11) May '11 Joe 12
News Vampire flick: New Buffy film and new star (Jun '09) Feb '10 Robert Johnson 2
News The end of 'Angel' (Mar '06) Jun '09 Spoonfish 7
News 'Dragonball' movie set to roll (Jan '08) Mar '09 krnwls 7
News 'Buffy,' 'Angel' Star Spikes 'Dragonball' Role ... (Aug '08) Mar '09 steven 3
More from around the web