The Hardest Pokemon Gym Leader Battle

Posted in the Video Games Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
I HATE New Days

Manchester, NH

#1 Jan 1, 2010
I made a new thread today. In this thread, you can type in gym leaders that makes you want to throw away your GameBoy out of your window. The hardest Pokemon Gym Leaders are: Misty, Sabrina, Whitney, Norman, and Tate and Liza. Sinnoh Gym Leaders on the other hand are easy. So you type in those too if you get annoying by these gym battles. Enjoy Pokemon players.

Since: Dec 09

Puyallup, WA

#2 Jan 1, 2010
brock on yellow version was hardest for me.my pikachu died a lot during that.
I HATE New Days

Manchester, NH

#3 Jan 2, 2010
team doncario wrote:
brock on yellow version was hardest for me.my pikachu died a lot during that.
Sorry to hear that. Brock is really hard to beat if you don't have Mankey. If you have Mankey, then Brock is easy to beat. Keep in mind that GBA gym leaders are tougher than gym leaders in the older versions as well as the DS versions. DS gym leader battles are really easy if you use the correct type advantage. Hoenn gym leader battles are harder than Sinnoh gym leader battles. In Hoenn, the hardest gym leaders are Norman and Tate and Liza. Norman is definitely the hardest Hoenn gym leader to beat even with Fighting Pokemon because Slaking is very powerful as well as Facade and Fighting Pokemon cannot resist Normal attacks. That's why battling Norman makes you want to throw away your GBA. So even with Fighting Pokemon, Norman is still hard to beat. Good luck. Tate and Liza is also tougher than Norman even with Dark Pokemon. Dark Pokemon only resist Psychic attacks and Dark poekmno don't last very long against Tate and Liza despite their Pokemon that are weak against Dark attacks. Another gym leader battle that is really hard to beat for Charmander players is Misty. Fire Pokemon are weak against Water Pokemon. So don't use Charmander against Misty. If you have Pikachu, Misty is still very hard to beat even if Misty's Pokemon are weak against Electric attacks. That makes Misty very difficult to beat even with Pikachu. Pikachu is the only Electric Pokemon and Pikachu's Defense is very weak. Electric Pokemon cannot resist Water attacks. That makes Pikachu against Starmie the hardest Kanto gym leader battle even in Yellow. You better off using Grass Poekmon. Grass Pokemon is the only way to beat Misty. If you have Bulbasaur, then Misty is easy. If you have Pikachu, Misty is still difficult to beat so stick with Grass Pokemon. Good luck.
I HATE New Days

Manchester, NH

#4 Jan 29, 2010
I'm back. Wow, not one person typing in the hardest gym leader in their Pokemon versions. Ah well. All for me now. Anyway, for me, nothing. The Sinnoh gym leaders are easy for me. But in Pearl, Maylene. Maylene beats me. But on my second try, I finally beat her thanks to Luxio's Spark. I was lucky that Luxio's Spark paralyzed Lucario. That means, I will beat Lucario by using Spark and now I won. As for Platinum, nothing. They're all easy. When I was 16, I restart Emerald and pick Treecko. But I can't beat Norman. Even Sceptile's Leaf Blade never beat his Slaking. I tried beating him with my Grovyle, I still lost. So now I trained my Grovyle and become Sceptile and I still lost to Norman. Not even Sceptile beat Slaking with Leaf Blade. Come on, Slaking's Special Defense is poor and Leaf Blade is a Special Attack. Also, the gym leaders in Emerald is so annoying. Why is the gym leaders in Emerald hard? I had a horrible time beating the gym leaders. So I give up and restart the game. Man, Pokemon Emerald sucks. Why is Pokemon Emerald hard? Is it just me of Pokemon Emerald hates America? Even the reviews like Nintendo Power hates Pokemon Emerald and they prefer other Pokemon versions. At least the IGN review is good though. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Since: Jan 10

Reno, NV

#5 Jan 29, 2010
in yellow the only problem I had was sabrina even with darks it was hard to beat her it took me 4 tries to beat her.
I HATE New Days

Manchester, NH

#6 Jan 30, 2010
kitty battle whiz 1 wrote:
in yellow the only problem I had was sabrina even with darks it was hard to beat her it took me 4 tries to beat her.
Um, there are no Dark Pokemon in Kanto. Seriously, Dark Pokemon is for Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh only.
Kool Katz

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jan 30, 2010
fwwwaaaah....urrrrr...wa...wa. ..WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Brandon

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jan 30, 2010
when I played pokemon leaf green and I almost lost to koga because muk kept on using minimize and I had now psychic types..
I HATE New Days

Manchester, NH

#9 Jan 30, 2010
Kool Katz wrote:
fwwwaaaah....urrrrr...wa...wa. ..WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Um. Type in your own comment about your hardest gym leader that you ever fought. So just type in your most difficult gym leader that you've ever faced and there you go. Simple. Good luck.

Since: Dec 09

Puyallup, WA

#10 Jan 30, 2010
I HATE New Days wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that. Brock is really hard to beat if you don't have Mankey. If you have Mankey, then Brock is easy to beat. Keep in mind that GBA gym leaders are tougher than gym leaders in the older versions as well as the DS versions. DS gym leader battles are really easy if you use the correct type advantage. Hoenn gym leader battles are harder than Sinnoh gym leader battles. In Hoenn, the hardest gym leaders are Norman and Tate and Liza. Norman is definitely the hardest Hoenn gym leader to beat even with Fighting Pokemon because Slaking is very powerful as well as Facade and Fighting Pokemon cannot resist Normal attacks. That's why battling Norman makes you want to throw away your GBA. So even with Fighting Pokemon, Norman is still hard to beat. Good luck. Tate and Liza is also tougher than Norman even with Dark Pokemon. Dark Pokemon only resist Psychic attacks and Dark poekmno don't last very long against Tate and Liza despite their Pokemon that are weak against Dark attacks. Another gym leader battle that is really hard to beat for Charmander players is Misty. Fire Pokemon are weak against Water Pokemon. So don't use Charmander against Misty. If you have Pikachu, Misty is still very hard to beat even if Misty's Pokemon are weak against Electric attacks. That makes Misty very difficult to beat even with Pikachu. Pikachu is the only Electric Pokemon and Pikachu's Defense is very weak. Electric Pokemon cannot resist Water attacks. That makes Pikachu against Starmie the hardest Kanto gym leader battle even in Yellow. You better off using Grass Poekmon. Grass Pokemon is the only way to beat Misty. If you have Bulbasaur, then Misty is easy. If you have Pikachu, Misty is still difficult to beat so stick with Grass Pokemon. Good luck.
the GBA leaders were practically easier than roark on diamond for me. i never lost to any one of the sappire/ruby/emerald gym leaders, i could kill them all with my swampert.even the last gym, water type, i killed him easily with just swampert. thats why only the pokemon yellow gym leader was way harder than anyone.
Pokemon Gamer

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Feb 1, 2010
You guys need to level up your pokemons nowonder you let your pokemons die suffering alot,i already beat the whole games comon >:O
( you need to level up your pokemon to 50 )

“...//”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12 Feb 2, 2010
in firered, when i chose Charmander as my starter & had a butterfree and rattata, it was Brock 'cuz those pokes couldnt do much to him & its early in the game. and also misty because...same reason and mankey didnt help much
gnawnosliw

Memphis, TN

#13 Feb 4, 2010
the hardest gym leader for me was brawly and wattson because I had a grovyle.I tried to use kirlia calm mind to oost up its special attack and I still lost because of wattsons manectric.It took me forever.Brawlys makuhitas vital throw the other two was easy.I became sick of it that restarted the game and used kirlia.(which is super effective)I stiil have troubles. It was a fat pain!!!!!
I HATE New Days

Manchester, NH

#14 Feb 6, 2010
gnawnosliw wrote:
The hardest gym leader for me was Brawly and Wattson because I had a Grovyle. I tried to use Kirlia's Calm Mind to boost up its Special Attack and I still lost because of Wattsons Manectric. It took me forever. Brawly's Makuhita's Vital Throw the other two was easy. I became sick of it that restarted the game and used Kirlia(which is super effective). I still have troubles. It was a fat pain!!!!!
Wow, sorry to hear that. Your Kirlia had a rough time battling against Brawly even if Brawly's weakness is Psychic Pokemon. That's a quite shame. Your Kirlia is supposed to be strong against Brawly. Anyway, DO NOT use Grass Pokemon (not named Breloom) against Wattson because of Manectric's Quick Attack and Magneton's Grass resistance despite Grass Pokemon's Electric resistance. So stick with Geodude if you have one. Wattson is difficult without Geodude. But if you have Geodude, then Wattson will be easy thank's to Geodudes good Defense and Normal resistance. Watch out for Voltorb's Sonicboom however. But other than that, using Geodude against Wattson is easy. Good luck.

“T.T.O.T.D Frontier 1”

Since: Feb 10

Mount Airy, NC

#15 Feb 6, 2010
uhh i say misty in leafgreen cause i chose charmander and i had a weak pikachu and a beedrill
Shiranui

Dublin, Ireland

#16 Feb 8, 2010
Kanto: Misty and her Starmie.
Johto: Whitney and her Miltank of Doom.
Hoenn: Watson and his Manetric and Magneton + Norman and his Slaking of Hell.
Sinnoh: Maylene and Lucario.
Dakota

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Mar 7, 2010
Kevin 3008 5688 9840 wrote:
uhh i say misty in leafgreen cause i chose charmander and i had a weak pikachu and a beedrill
works better if you level your pokemon equally

“4898 3668 1369 (Diamond)”

Since: Jun 09

4297 5402 2190 HOBO (HG)

#18 Mar 7, 2010
IDK I usually just go through the game without caring about weaknesses and i still go through it pretty Smoothly... and i think u should not putNorman up there as one of the hard to beat gym leaders coz i beat him With just Sceptile and Swellow... i may have been lucky on that battle though

“Lost in Forever”

Since: Feb 10

Where the light ends

#19 Mar 7, 2010
I hate new days......you surely hate a lot of things man.
Phantomfox

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Mar 8, 2010
Alastar 0260 1689 8177 wrote:
I hate new days......you surely hate a lot of things man.
he is thats why ima make a sign now...

*PUTS UP A SIGN*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Video Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How the women of 'The Last Jedi' make 'Star War... 12 hr ghfjks 1
Animal Crossing City Folk Friend Codes (Nov '08) Thu DannyJonesFanatic28 129,173
News The Last Jedi Is the Most Entertaining Star War... Wed Leia Lives 1
Luke dies in The Last Jedi! Dec 13 Snoke kills Dumbl... 1
Why 2012 Was The Worst Year Ever (Dec '12) Dec 12 eugenexscell 22
News Ben 10 Gets Cartoon Network Reboot Dec 11 russmartinez 1
3DS Chat Room (Aug '11) Dec 9 Colton 750
More from around the web