Team Tof Recruitment and discussion

“I Quit ToF...”

Since: Apr 11

They were right...

#35982 Jul 9, 2011
ToF E4 Champion Ryan wrote:
<quoted text> ---> I'm not sure if this is an insult, a compliment with a friendly challenge, or both. XD <--- I think its a compliment with a friendly challenge. Lol
Thank you, I am happy to beat you because I have been working at that for awhile now, lol. Dang, I've never heard of a person who enjoys losing, but I see your point in that and it is very impressive. Impressive because most COMPETITIVE battlers play COMPETITIVELY, so they play to win and not to lose. You play to learn for yourself and help others improve. I always say GG at the end of the match, but then I'm thinking:'Wow, I actually beat him. I seem to be improving a lot.' I play to learn and help others improve as well, but I also play to win. "Why do you think" I battle people such as Carl Ansem Sammy etc., people I can't beat? To learn from those stronger than ya. ;)
Yeah, you do win some and lose some. And haha you are on my friend, lets see if I can keep up the pace with my rival. >=)
Okay wow, few changes here:

Arrow's = Delete that

Quotation's = Change that to "That's why"
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35983 Jul 9, 2011
Dragonite:(Multiscale):(Adaman t/ 252 Attack, Sp. Defense/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Roost
*Dragon Claw
*Fire Punch
-Leftovers.

Garchomp:(Rough Skin):(Adamant/ 252 Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Swords Dance
*Substitute
*Earthquake
*Dragon Claw
-Salac Berry.

Salamence:(Intimidate):(Adaman t/ 252 Attack, Sp. Defense/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Roost
*Dragon Claw
*Fire Fang
-Leftovers.

Haxorus:(Mold Breaker):(Adamant/ 252 Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Substitute
*Earthquake
*Dragon Claw
-Dragon Fang.

Hydreigon:(Levitate):(Modest/ 252 Sp. Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Pulse
*Dark Pulse
*Fire Blast
*Focus Blast
-Choice Specs.

Kingdra:(Sniper):(Adamant/ 252 Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Endure
*Flail
*Waterfall
-Splash Plate.
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35984 Jul 9, 2011
fatal_zim wrote:
<quoted text>many sets besides your wide lens uses hypnosis in case you were wondering and it would be obvious to see the fact that you knew my team seeing as after the disconnection you said you wanted to battle just because you knew i had a YouTube and that is the same team i had on my YouTube and that makes it easy to infer the idea that you've seen my team before, and as for volcorona im saying a discreet filler.
I'm quite disappointed in you, Zim. Someone in your position wouldn't be making excuses, they would just accept the loss and move on. I just lost a whole lot of respect for you..

“I Quit ToF...”

They were right...

#35985 Jul 9, 2011
Erick 1162 6599 4253 wrote:
<quoted text>It's fine I wasn't even here lol if you want how about tomorrow
Lol okay then and sure how about in 2 and a half hours? I'll be back then 'cause I gotta get off for a bit

Np Swordsman bro =D

“Smogon RMT team rater”

B055

#35986 Jul 9, 2011
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF wrote:
<quoted text>This is un-expected. The match was not unfair in the slightest. We both knew just as much about each other's roster as the other, considering the fact that B/W shows both teams before the battle even begins. As for Gengar, ever hear of a Wide Lens set? Otherwise, why would I be using Hypnosis? Plus, if I fully expected a Rain Dance team, what would be the good of bringing Volcarona? Morning Sun would only restore 1/4 of it's HP, it's Fire attacks would be weakened, and it's weakness to Water would be made all the more dangerous. And yet, I brought it anyway. I'm telling you, that match was nothing more than my true B/W team against one of yours. I won the battle fair and square at 5 to 0 before the connection was lost. I was just using the match as an example of how the people on this team are already being able to hold their own against players like you.
Sammy the greatest of smogonites can get 6-0ed by the biggest of noobs. I'm not saying your a noob, I'm just making a point. Pokemon is built so that if you beat zim 5-0, he may very well sweep you next time 6-0. It has happened before many times, I know what I'm talking about. Even if you beat zim 6-0, I will never think of him as a lesser battler because I know for a fact he is really good no matter what. And I will never think of you as a higher player because I know you are good, but you don't stand above zim in skill level. I have beaten you 4-2 then you ran since the battle was pretty much over, and you have beaten me in doubles 5-0 (mostly cause I used a singles team, but that doesn't matter) We all have our bad moments, you can never deny that.

But if you beat zim, you don't need to accounce to everyone that you did. You publicly stated it on this forum, and I even remember you saying it to raymond. I don't really know why you need to tell it to everyone, its not news to people. People know zim can lose, and people know you can lose as well. So if all you want to prove is that you can hold your own against battlers like zim (zim, that's a compliment because he sees you as an elite battler) then cool, you can. And so can a lot of others. Zim whooped my butt, and I beat him too, but that doesn't make either of us any better.

Point is, anyone can beat the best players. And if they do, its not really news because its a fairly common occurence in other pokemon sites. We all have our bad moments in battle.

And I'm going to stop saying no offence was intended I'm every post, because you know we settled everything so were cool.
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35987 Jul 9, 2011
Plus, it is true that there are Gengar sets besides Wide Lens that utilize Hypnosis, but that's why their attacks always miss and is what makes my strategy different. My Gengar knows Hypnosis, Focus Blast, and Thunder which are all made more reliable by the accuracy boost the Wide Lens gives off. You can believe whatever you want, but the fact remains that my Gengar's moveset was out of my own strategy, not because of your Drizzle team.

Location hidden

#35988 Jul 9, 2011
<quoted text>I'm quite disappointed in you, Zim. Someone in your position wouldn't be making excuses, they would just accept the loss and move on. I just lost a whole lot of respect for you..
lawl you think im putting up excuses.. good for you. you think i thoroughly give a crap whether you respect me or not... thats nice. no i don't i do not know therefore do not care of your opinion. i guess thats where we differ people have to build my respect seems like you just run a simple give and take of respect.. oh well i thought topix was gonna be a great place seeing how alastar described it to me after school but smogon is better. people know the tiers and they have good sets too at least.

“Smogon RMT team rater”

B055

#35989 Jul 9, 2011
Dragonite:(Multiscale):(Adaman t/ 252 Attack, Sp. Defense/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Roost
*Dragon Claw
*Fire Punch
-Leftovers.
Garchomp:(Rough Skin):(Adamant/ 252 Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Swords Dance
*Substitute
*Earthquake
*Dragon Claw
-Salac Berry.
Salamence:(Intimidate):(Adaman t/ 252 Attack, Sp. Defense/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Roost
*Dragon Claw
*Fire Fang
-Leftovers.
Haxorus:(Mold Breaker):(Adamant/ 252 Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Substitute
*Earthquake
*Dragon Claw
-Dragon Fang.
Hydreigon:(Levitate):(Modest/ 252 Sp. Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Pulse
*Dark Pulse
*Fire Blast
*Focus Blast
-Choice Specs.
Kingdra:(Sniper):(Adamant/ 252 Attack, Speed/ 4 HP)
*Dragon Dance
*Endure
*Flail
*Waterfall
-Splash Plate.
Garchomp is now uber since smogons 4th round suspect test. Just a heads up if you planned on using this team in OU. And your dragonite set is exactly the same as smogons only with different EVs. If you wish to use yours, a careful nature is advised since you wont be able to outspeed major threats like scarf politoed after one DD. So you will still retain decent bulk while setting up.

Your team is generally slow and needs to set up if it ever dreams of outspeeding anything, this can be its downfall. I highly reccomend that you put a scarf on something as a revenge killer. I would
convert hydreigon to a scarfer to this set:

Hydreigon @Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Nature: Modest
* Draco Meteor
* Fire Blast
* Surf
* Focus Blast/ Dragon Pulse

Although scarf latios does a better job despite its weakness to pursuit users such as scizor or tyranitar:

Latios @Choice Scarf
IVs: 30 Atk, 30 SpA, 30 Spe, 31/31/31
* Draco Meteor
* Surf
* Hidden Power Fire
* Psyshock/ Dragon Pulse
And items that only increase power by 10% such as splash plate, are uncompetitive. I highly reccomend a Life Orb on Haxorus and Kingdra, or even leftovers. 10% power boost for one type of move isn't something worth wasting a space for an item.

Just thought I would give my two cents in this team since I have a liking for dragons.

Location hidden

#35990 Jul 9, 2011
yo max havnt seen you in a while

Location hidden

#35991 Jul 9, 2011
Max212 wrote:
<quoted text> Garchomp is now uber since smogons 4th round suspect test. Just a heads up if you planned on using this team in OU. And your dragonite set is exactly the same as smogons only with different EVs. If you wish to use yours, a careful nature is advised since you wont be able to outspeed major threats like scarf politoed after one DD. So you will still retain decent bulk while setting up.
Your team is generally slow and needs to set up if it ever dreams of outspeeding anything, this can be its downfall. I highly reccomend that you put a scarf on something as a revenge killer. I would
Hydreigon @Choice Scarf
* Draco Meteor
* Fire Blast
* Surf
Although scarf latios does a better job despite its weakness to pursuit users such as scizor or tyranitar:
Latios @Choice Scarf
* Draco Meteor
* Surf
* Hidden Power Fire
* Psyshock/ Dragon Pulse
And items that only increase power by 10% such as splash plate, are uncompetitive. I highly reccomend a Life Orb on Haxorus and Kingdra, or even leftovers. 10% power boost for one type of move isn't something worth wasting a space for an item.
Just thought I would give my two cents in this team since I have a liking for dragons.
lol i woulda said the same. smogon sets are just extremely effective
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35992 Jul 9, 2011
Max212 wrote:
<quoted text> Sammy the greatest of smogonites can get 6-0ed by the biggest of noobs. I'm not saying your a noob, I'm just making a point. Pokemon is built so that if you beat zim 5-0, he may very well sweep you next time 6-0. It has happened before many times, I know what I'm talking about. Even if you beat zim 6-0, I will never think of him as a lesser battler because I know for a fact he is really good no matter what. And I will never think of you as a higher player because I know you are good, but you don't stand above zim in skill level. I have beaten you 4-2 then you ran since the battle was pretty much over, and you have beaten me in doubles 5-0 (mostly cause I used a singles team, but that doesn't matter) We all have our bad moments, you can never deny that.
But if you beat zim, you don't need to accounce to everyone that you did. You publicly stated it on this forum, and I even remember you saying it to raymond. I don't really know why you need to tell it to everyone, its not news to people. People know zim can lose, and people know you can lose as well. So if all you want to prove is that you can hold your own against battlers like zim (zim, that's a compliment because he sees you as an elite battler) then cool, you can. And so can a lot of others. Zim whooped my butt, and I beat him too, but that doesn't make either of us any better.
Point is, anyone can beat the best players. And if they do, its not really news because its a fairly common occurence in other pokemon sites. We all have our bad moments in battle.
And I'm going to stop saying no offence was intended I'm every post, because you know we settled everything so were cool.
I beat Zim on my very first try 5 to 0 when you got creamed. You even agreed with me when I told you so. I do stand above him in skill level in that regard. As I've told you before, my time in pokemon does not stop at topix. But this clan is never going to be good enough for you, I guess.
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35993 Jul 9, 2011
fatal_zim wrote:
<quoted text>lawl you think im putting up excuses.. good for you. you think i thoroughly give a crap whether you respect me or not... thats nice. no i don't i do not know therefore do not care of your opinion. i guess thats where we differ people have to build my respect seems like you just run a simple give and take of respect.. oh well i thought topix was gonna be a great place seeing how alastar described it to me after school but smogon is better. people know the tiers and they have good sets too at least.
What do you call it?
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35994 Jul 9, 2011
Max212 wrote:
<quoted text> Garchomp is now uber since smogons 4th round suspect test. Just a heads up if you planned on using this team in OU. And your dragonite set is exactly the same as smogons only with different EVs. If you wish to use yours, a careful nature is advised since you wont be able to outspeed major threats like scarf politoed after one DD. So you will still retain decent bulk while setting up.
Hydreigon @Choice Scarf
* Draco Meteor
* Fire Blast
* Surf
Latios @Choice Scarf
* Draco Meteor
* Surf
* Hidden Power Fire
* Psyshock/ Dragon Pulse
You keep pokemon movesets in your own way, and let me keep it in mine. If you want to talk about perfection, your strategies will have many flaws like those you criticize.
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35995 Jul 9, 2011
Something like a Suicune, Cresselia, or a Blissey would wall both of those sets with ease.
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#35996 Jul 9, 2011
By the way, items like Splash Plate and the Dragon Fang actually increase move types by 30%, not 10%. Otherwise the person would better off with a Muscle Band or a Wise Glasses. Know your facts before you say them, please.

Location hidden

#35997 Jul 9, 2011
<quoted text>I beat Zim on my very first try 5 to 0 when you got creamed. You even agreed with me when I told you so. I do stand above him in skill level in that regard. As I've told you before, my time in pokemon does not stop at topix. But this clan is never going to be good enough for you, I guess.
you cant be so sure the first battle of anything hell max beat me the first time i battled him but the second time i got him back. but act all high and mighty as you wish

Since: Jan 11

I'm the King

#35999 Jul 9, 2011
By the way, items like Splash Plate and the Dragon Fang actually increase move types by 30%, not 10%. Otherwise the person would better off with a Muscle Band or a Wise Glasses. Know your facts before you say them, please.
BOTH of you are wrong. Plates offer a 20%(Twenty Percent) boost to a same type move.
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#36000 Jul 9, 2011
fatal_zim wrote:
<quoted text>you cant be so sure the first battle of anything hell max beat me the first time i battled him but the second time i got him back. but act all high and mighty as you wish
Me act all high and mighty? Look in the mirror. Max has trouble battling you while I seemingly won with ease. I had great predictions in that battle, and that should tell you something:
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#36001 Jul 9, 2011
I'm also somewhat suspicious that you DC'd that match..
Sammy 4470 2536 9503 ToF

Long Beach, CA

#36002 Jul 9, 2011
Tony ToF wrote:
<quoted text>
BOTH of you are wrong. Plates offer a 20%(Twenty Percent) boost to a same type move.
I know that. I made a typo;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Video Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mark Hamill says he'd like to play George Lucas... Apr 18 John Doe 2
News J. Cole's HBO Documentary Brings Black Persever... Apr 16 guest 2
News Nintendo's new console has a bizarre new use: a... Apr 14 Trump Plotza 1
News A Woman's Perspective on Premature Ejaculation (Jan '11) Apr 7 Kyle 46
News Rumors circulate around Euharlee shooting (Feb '14) Apr 6 Tome Tome 1,299
News Judge's 'Screw-Up' Turns Woman's 2-Day Jail Sen... (Jan '14) Apr 6 just saying 2
News Michael Jackson's son, Prince, unveils tattoo t... Apr 6 The Power Of Mast... 5
More from around the web