Pokemon...is it REALLY going downhill??

Created by The Sarah on Apr 1, 2012

162 votes

Click on an option to vote

Of corse!!! It has been since the end of Johto!!

Really only the TV show sucks

Really only the Video Games blow

No, Pokemon has been fine.

They are just starting to run out of ideas...

AT LEAST IT'S BETTER THAN DIGIMON AND YU-GI-OH!!!

I honestly couldn't care less, Pokemon is Pokemon!

Pokemon has constantly been in a downward spiral!!

HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A JAPANESE NINJA-SPY?!

XD lol n00bs

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Berea, OH

#1 Apr 1, 2012
Although the Video Games seem to have lost their charm for B/W (HG/SS still had it) and I was pretty pissed to find out a Unova Pokemon was a stupid gear and another an ice cream cone, I think the TV show has mostly gone bad. I mean, they lost a bunch of epic main characters (Misty, Max, May, Brock) but people don't seem to point out in addition to that, they alo lost some epic Rivals (Angie, Zoey, Gary, Paul, Ritchie, ect.) but also the "fun". Ash used to be a 10-year-old traveling the country with personality (and quirks) to spice up the show, as well as Brock hidding on every female he sees (other than Misty). Now it's mor like a bunch of robots; it's all about learning dumb moves and abilities; COME ON!! If we want to learn the moves an abilities and crap, we play the video games, otherwise, WE WANT PERSONALITIES, not a bunch of smiling pokemon that do whatever the trainer says, and a bunch of trainers that always think EVERYTHING through, once again, COME ON!! Where's the bluffs? The comedy? The FUN??? That's my rant, please post a comment to bacck up your votes to!!!(3
Nathan NS

Wolverhampton, UK

#2 Apr 1, 2012
I remember these topics.
I personally don't play Pokemon anymore, but when I played Platinum it was enjoyable. Only Pokemon Game I played.

“:) <3”

Since: Mar 12

Somewhere in Australia....

#3 Apr 2, 2012
Who knows? We'll have to wait to Pokemon Black and White 2 comes out! My little brother who plays it says no....

“Insert headline here”

Since: Sep 09

Bremanger, Norway

#4 Apr 2, 2012
Nemmy wrote:
Who knows? We'll have to wait to Pokemon Black and White 2 comes out! My little brother who plays it says no....
Of course he says no! It's because he has most likely not played the good old Pokemon games for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy advance so he doesn't even know about this "downhill" because he can't really compare it.

“DarkSingingJoe”

Since: Jun 11

Pwning Nubs since 2010

#5 Apr 2, 2012
... well the anime version of pokemon has fallen bc of poor commentary, change in line up, and "friend ship is magic" (where have i heard this before?).

even the newer games like poke-park, are just money making schemes. I guess they really are desperate with trying to increase their profits like how they made poke-coins, poke-info cards, and ... those things that change one pokemon one way and changes an image when you move it the other way.

but for the main games, they are still what makes pokemon still alive. true it's a setback, but it's still the main stream of it. even those side games like ranger and team-something are still good, somewhat.

“DarkSingingJoe”

Pwning Nubs since 2010

#6 Apr 2, 2012
@Nemmy, max is right through, if your brother played generations 1-3 he probably would of said yes.

ah, the memorys of how hms were known as the best moves in the game, how you can cut the wild pokemon grass, the glitches you can pull off, meeting missingno.,and how you need a cable to trade from one game to another.

good times, good times

“:) <3”

Since: Mar 12

Somewhere in Australia....

#7 Apr 2, 2012
TreboRoberT wrote:
@Nemmy, max is right through, if your brother played generations 1-3 he probably would of said yes.
ah, the memorys of how hms were known as the best moves in the game, how you can cut the wild pokemon grass, the glitches you can pull off, meeting missingno.,and how you need a cable to trade from one game to another.
good times, good times
Lol :)

“PSN: ArceusNoOokami99”

Since: Sep 11

3DS XL: 1177-7010-4165

#8 Apr 3, 2012
Anime: Everything after the Indigo Leagues Sucks!
Best games: Red, Blue, Green & Yellow because it has Missingno. yay :)
Runner-Up: Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness *sigh* i really want a isshu remake of this shadow pokemon stuff
wiidude64

Rochester, NY

#9 Apr 4, 2012
i really have to say that black and white are dissapointing. my big issue with this is the fact that every pokemon is original with none of the previous generation pokemon having a new evolution in black and white when there are some that should really have one. another issue i have is the fact that more than half of these new pokemon aren't exactly "battle worthy" if you catch my drift. mainly a bunch of weaklings with a select few that are actually worth using. thats pretty much the reason why i dont find these versions worth playing... though i stopped playing pokemon a while ago, i thought that these versions would respark my interest in it. they did not...
Ben ACCF KING

Dayton, OH

#10 Apr 4, 2012
I'm only into the cards but the Video games are extra expensive-the gameboy games are still like 30 dollars!

Since: Jul 10

Dayton, OH

#11 Apr 4, 2012
wiidude64 wrote:
i really have to say that black and white are dissapointing. my big issue with this is the fact that every pokemon is original with none of the previous generation pokemon having a new evolution in black and white when there are some that should really have one. another issue i have is the fact that more than half of these new pokemon aren't exactly "battle worthy" if you catch my drift. mainly a bunch of weaklings with a select few that are actually worth using. thats pretty much the reason why i dont find these versions worth playing... though i stopped playing pokemon a while ago, i thought that these versions would respark my interest in it. they did not...
I agree with you. I was looking forward to more Eeveelutions as well as possible Pachirisu evos!! But yeah, I am a probably on the newer side of he pokemon scale-I came from a family of Haters, so yeah...but if I hadn't I probably would have a Ruby/Sapphire from my earlier childhood (I have backtracked and gotten Ruby, though). I have seen some negative changes within my time and certainly heard of many more from before...I still think they should make more Eeveelutions, possibly a Dragon-Eevee-like Epiceon!!:D

“ToF: Gemma 2279 8444 3286”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Apr 5, 2012
The show has definately gone downhill..... As for the games... They are still good b/w had a good storyline and had good graphics etc. but as for the Pokemon.... They could have done way better designing them. I would say 1st and 3rd generation is still the best.

“DarkSingingJoe”

Pwning Nubs since 2010

#14 Jun 22, 2012
Death Lucifer wrote:
Anime: Everything after the Indigo Leagues Sucks!
Best games: Red, Blue, Green & Yellow because it has Missingno. yay :)
Runner-Up: Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness *sigh* i really want a isshu remake of this shadow pokemon stuff
agreed on all acounts. sigh, it was good times those years.

“Would it make you feel better.”

Since: Jun 12

To watch me while I bleed?

#15 Jun 22, 2012
i say it started going downhill after the 3rd generation..

Location hidden

#16 Jun 22, 2012
The 4th was pretty good though just the anime series is bad

#17 Jun 22, 2012
it's just my opinion.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 22, 2012
Yea I like the games. The tv show got
Bad

“DarkSingingJoe”

Pwning Nubs since 2010

#19 Jun 22, 2012
I'm guessing that the community of poke fanatics agrees with me if I say this.

pokemon anime, we know you once. but now ... your garbage.

Location hidden

#20 Jun 22, 2012
I completely agree!

#21 Jun 22, 2012
me too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Video Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton Discusses 9/11 Health Act at La... 1 hr Obama Bad 13
Godzilla vs Superman 1 hr tyrannospinus 15
Is Ghostbusters NES worse than Dr Jekyll and Mr... 1 hr tyrannospinus 2
Scariest game you've ever played? ;_; 1 hr tyrannospinus 26
A Roleplay for Everyone! 2 hr Torune4 1,519
A new roleplay! 0_o V2 2 hr Hiimcry 40
Kiki's Old Friends (Jan '14) 3 hr Torune4 453
•••

Video Games People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE