Do you have information on KBFG?

Do you have information on KBFG?

Posted in the Venture Capital Forum

Brad K out of WI

Richmond, Canada

#1 Jun 12, 2012
If you happen to have information you would like to share with me about KBFG - Kingdom Builders Financial Group - I would really appreciate that. But please don't speculate and haters stay in bed;) If you have "hard" evidence, good or bad, then I would be very pleased if you could share that with me and others:)
Thing of the matter is that I am thinking of joining them as an independent commercial funding consultant at KBFG.
What that means is that I'll be a locator, "bird-dog" if you like. I'll track down principals that need funding for projects, or principals that need funding commercial deals, real estate and viable businesses etc. Rewards are handsome and all, but I realize there are a lot of scams out there that don't always have your best interest at heart:) So if anybody could shed some light on this for me, maybe if someone in here got funding from them, I'd appreciate that.
Bbrown

Jenison, MI

#3 Jul 10, 2012
I too am looking for info on KBFG. I am thinking of joining and would like info on them, good or bad.
Bbrown

Jenison, MI

#4 Jul 10, 2012
I too would like info on KBFG, good or bad.
D Cox

Birmingham, AL

#7 Aug 23, 2012
Any updates here folks? I'm also taking a look @ KBFG, and although there's only a 'sweat equity' investment, there's some pretty incredible numbers being thrown around. Suppose I'm primarily concerned with who is actually underwriting this paper. Thanks for any replies, or updates, regarding actual experience. Thanks!
JCB

Apopka, FL

#8 Aug 26, 2012
I have been with KBFG for about 2 months. At first I wasn't so sure of them at all. But I have been on the calls and have spoken with most of the executive team and find them to be very professional. The calls are consistent and informative and people are getting paid. After deciding I was going to commit, I personally have had a learning curve as to time organization and where to find the business. Other than that I think they're great. AND BTW it's free anyway, so it costs nothing to try it.
D Cox

Albertville, AL

#9 Aug 26, 2012
Thanks for the reply JCB. Only one comment in reference to to the cost though...Time is indeed money. However, one sweet deal could make that 'time' well worth it! That is...if all is on the 'up & up'?? Thanks again!
Britt

Pensacola, FL

#10 Oct 27, 2012
Any update???? Is anyone making money???
Sharon -

New York, NY

#11 Oct 28, 2012
Hi all! Unfortunately, KBFG is a scam...people are not getting funded on their deals...infact they are giving KBFG so much money as what they like to call a "due diligence" fee/ "up front fee" SCAM #1; Scam #2 you never give your ss# on an job application if you are getting paid a commision getting deals for the company then you would fill out a w9 form to get paid! That is the legal and legit way it still is free to join. The learning process not to much to learn you are the birddog getting the leads and bring it home to your sales leader (I forgot the correct name) you give people the paper work and pass along any questions they may have to your sales leader, they inturn ask them for all these set of fees totaling out to be something out of this world. I don't think anyone if they joined in July has made any money that could prove it! This company was also being looked at from the FBI...they recently changed there contract too. That is all that I know...hope it was helpful.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 28, 2012
EVERYONE JUST DO YOUR OWN DUE DILLIGENCE IN CHECKING OUT A COMPANY. I just found this post on the Ripoff Report.

Here is the deal... I signed with them about 2 months ago. In the beginning, they made everything seem like it was a win win situation. As time went on learning about the process and opportunity, I found many loopholes in this business. For one, there is no meeting of the minds when it comes to accountability.

I found the conference calls to be exciting. Exciting but well over-rated. One factor I found consistent with the company's staff is it's attitude of Occasionalism.

For those that don't know what that is:

occasionalism |əˈk&#25 7; zh ənlˌiz&# 601;m|--- the doctrine ascribing the connection between mental and bodily events to the continuing intervention of God.

On three (3) occasions, I've encountered unprofessional business practices.

The first one was when I sent an email to a staff member asking a simple question about the program. Their response was, "You should go ask your mentor before emailing me anything". The problem was that my mentor was new in the program too.

The second was when I had a new group member that had a large deal on the table and called into the company and was fortunate to get the owner, Mr. Terrance Smith. Apparently, they had a conversation about the deal that wasn't too assuring. My new recruit stated that he found Mr. Smith to be very arrogant and in so many words stated that he didn't need his big deal as if he didn't care one way or another if it got funded.

The third was when I had another recruit send me this link to Linkedin. We got to talking about uneasy feelings and the unprofessional encounters we found with the company. For me, I remember unprofessional comments made by Mr. Smith stating, "Don't worry about the deals you turn in, just keep the deals coming".

STOP STOP STOP! Hold the Presses. I find this reply to be down right insulting to anyone that is working on bringing deals to the table. It's only natural to learn the process of accountability to find out the process in determining how an individual will be compensated on the deals they turn in.

I found his comment to be rude, disrespectful and downright pimping. He may as well said, "Just bring me money B I A T C H!

I'm not the only person to bring up the question of their professionalism. I find flaws in the accountability of compensation. Each deal is customized whereas, once you turn in your deal, you are a bit limited to travel the process scope til closing deals. This is the sensitive issue and lack of disclosure that bothers me and so many other recruits.

I'm not going to outright say that KBFG is a SCAM. However, I will say that I won't be continuing the program because of my bad experience that dealt with professionalism. I personally have never been burned from them because I never had a deal close. The deals I did turn in, I never followed up on because I started loosing interest in the program.

All I want to say to people involved with the program is "Keep your Eyes Open", "Utilize a little common sense", and "Go with your gut feeling"

Some people have no problems working in the dark. I can't spend my time not knowing the details of how I'm getting compensated. I find that the company doesn't make it a simple process of understanding when it comes to the variables of accountability. This is a big loophole in the system and makes me and a few others a little uncomfortable.

With these things in mind please consider the amount of time you should invest in any opportunity for this matter.

In conclusion, if your looking for an opportunity where "Occasionally you will get paid" they may be a great match because they do practice "Occasionalism" and mention God in their conference calls. In my opinion, this is a "Red Flag"

It's what some professionals would call "Over the Top". I don't know if there running a church or a financial institute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venture Capital Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bain Capital Ventures Raises $600 Million for T... Jul 11 Go Blue Forever 1
Poll Investor seeking investment project (Sep '10) May '16 Financial Consult... 19
Venture Capital Contact Distribution List Avail Apr '16 Jacinth 4
News China's $6 Billion Tech Funding Boom Signals Fl... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
OTCQB non-shell 99.9% delivery available for $399K Apr '16 RobertG 1
Prestamo (Jan '12) Mar '16 ultimate finance 227
For Laughs: VC - The Web Series Feb '16 sblazer 1
More from around the web