TSA drops plan to allow small knives ...

TSA drops plan to allow small knives on planes

There are 5 comments on the Anchorage Daily News story from Jun 5, 2013, titled TSA drops plan to allow small knives on planes. In it, Anchorage Daily News reports that:

This Sept. 26, 2006 file photo shows knives of all sizes and types are piled in a box at the State of Georgia Surplus Property Division store in Tucker, Ga., and are just a few of the hundreds of items discarded at the security checkpoints of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport that will be for sale at the store.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Anchorage Daily News.

idiots united

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 5, 2013
I got my Swiss knife passed at the US airport but got intercepted in Japan airport I got my swiss knife along with a loaded clip of a 40 caliber pistol but no gun and I don't even have a 40 caliber gun but it so happen my wife borrowed the kids luggage LOL!, again got intercepted in Philippine airport coming back to US I didn't even know the knife was in a pocket of my back pack. So about $60.00 worth of swiss knives and few dollars more for the 40 caliber magazine that got confiscated not complaining just saying. Stupid things happen if you leave your guard off.
Dropkick Murphy

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 6, 2013
The TSA union tried to get the rule change to allow small knives, because too many knives were being missed and the union members were getting in trouble for not doing their jobs. Do your job!
Gravediggers

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Jun 6, 2013
Where has Homeland Secretary, Janet Napolitano gone?

Her face never makes it to the daily media grind and obfuscation news.

Boston Bombing
kinves on plane
TSA out of control

and Napolitano is where??????
sinic

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2013
... the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Seymour Heller

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 16, 2013
A small knife is no more dangerous than a ball point pen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transporation Security Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teenager arrested on suspicion of stabbing his ... Mar '17 anonymous 1
News GOP, Democrats blast TSA for withholding inform... Mar '17 Deport Sassy 8
News Pensioner, 78, arrested for murder of 14-year-o... Mar '17 FireyFellow44 1
News Woman battling cancer 'humiliated,' 'violated' ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Well now 1
News Hijabis furious over TSA pat-downs (Nov '16) Nov '16 Thinking 3
News Transgender former Navy SEAL says TSA humiliate... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Sneaky Pete 1
News Computers, not humans to scan carry-on bags in ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Dr Wu 7
More from around the web