U.S., world turning up the heat on Ga...

U.S., world turning up the heat on Gadhafi

There are 36 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 28, 2011, titled U.S., world turning up the heat on Gadhafi. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Moammar Gadhafi came under intensified international pressure Monday to halt attacks on anti-regime protesters, with the Pentagon dispatching ships and aircraft to the Mediterranean Sea and the Treasury Department freezing a record $30 billion in assets tied to the embattled dictator and his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ken

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 28, 2011
Cool... Americans don't need jobs! Lets worry about Libi crap.
Obama won't drill for Oil like Palin wanted, so we need oil from them!
How does that work for you LIBERALS THAT CLAIM WE ONLY WANT OIL?

Charity begins at home. Forget importing Korean children because your wife is barren. Worry about out survival and get off the Liberal High Horse attitude.
Republican CEO

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 1, 2011
Ken wrote:
Cool... Americans don't need jobs! Lets worry about Libi crap.
Obama won't drill for Oil like Palin wanted
Great post, Ken! Please keep serving the Kool Aid! We need to ship more jibs to other 3rd world countries for bigger profits and drill more oil despite the BP clean up that never took place.

Great job, Ken! Keep after them "Libs."

Oh, and if you were by chance one of the many millions I screwed out of their pension and savings.......sorry!
Remington

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 1, 2011
Amazing, America watching a country gripped and on the verge of a revolution and nobody does anything to prevent it, everyone sits back and watches while the anarchists are taking control of this country one city at a time, and at this time the city they are destroying is Madison Wisconsin, Yep!! It's America, a nation that will soon be given the honor of becoming a third world nation void of democracy and personal freedoms. American politicians have to wake up and be responsible to stop the destruction and decay that is destroying America, before they even consider sticking their nose and the tax payers money into Libya and their problems, America has enough of it's own.
Dacota

Winona, MN

#4 Mar 1, 2011
We have no business sending forces into Lybia ... NONE, NADA, ZERO, ZIP ... except as members of a U.N. force. If Obama does otherwise he should be impeached.

Since: Jun 10

Hopkins, MN

#5 Mar 1, 2011
Play Devil's Advocate here:

If an insurection like this were happening in the United States and protesters held the key cities of Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and Denver and this protest threatened to unseeded those in power, would our leaders in Washington refrain from using violence to retake those cities?

Second would the leaders in Washington listen to international pressure to stop those attacks?

Third would sanctions and freezing assets do anything to change the situation?
Simple observation

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 1, 2011
Republican CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post, Ken! Please keep serving the Kool Aid! We need to ship more jibs to other 3rd world countries for bigger profits and drill more oil despite the BP clean up that never took place.
Great job, Ken! Keep after them "Libs."
Oh, and if you were by chance one of the many millions I screwed out of their pension and savings.......sorry!
Ken is absolutely right! While you on the other hand amount to nothing more than a whacked out liberal posing as a republican, well, I guess that's what you have to do when your a whacked out liberal democrat hide, cheat and lie or what ever you have to do to get your way, which is being proven by the democratic legislators in Wisconsin a group of cowards that are totally useless and good for nothing, for they have not the strength or intelligence to take a stand on any issue. They'd rather run and hide. LET'S BE CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING AMERICA ON TRACK BEFORE WE IMPOSE AMERICAN INEPTNESS ON OTHER COUNTRIES..
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 1, 2011
Two Party Failure wrote:
Play Devil's Advocate here:
If an insurection like this were happening in the United States and protesters held the key cities of Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and Denver and this protest threatened to unseeded those in power, would our leaders in Washington refrain from using violence to retake those cities?
Second would the leaders in Washington listen to international pressure to stop those attacks?
Third would sanctions and freezing assets do anything to change the situation?
Good questions - I often wonder if there was an uprising like you describe, would the Commander and Chief order the military to fire on the "rebels"?
Would the military commanders do it if so ordered?
My thoughts would be that if the military commanders were un-willing, the Commander and Chief would call on the UN who would send in foreign, UN "Peace Keepers", that would be more than happy to fire on Americans.
Iraqi Vet

Cottage Grove, MN

#9 Mar 1, 2011
Leave them alone, they'll work it out.
Look at the ****** mess we made in Iraq and its still ****** up.
concerned

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 1, 2011
Sort of ironic that Gadhafi snubs his nose at Obumba, kind of like telling him to F+++off. Not many of these countries fear America any longer with Obumba at the helm.
Are You Crazy

Walnut Grove, CA

#11 Mar 1, 2011
Dacota wrote:
We have no business sending forces into Lybia ... NONE, NADA, ZERO, ZIP ... except as members of a U.N. force. If Obama does otherwise he should be impeached.
Are you insane? Do you want to start paying $8 dollars for a damn gallon of gasoline?? Obama needs to send US forces into Libya IMMEDIATELY!!!

Since: Jun 10

Hopkins, MN

#12 Mar 1, 2011
NoSht wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions - I often wonder if there was an uprising like you describe, would the Commander and Chief order the military to fire on the "rebels"?
Would the military commanders do it if so ordered?
My thoughts would be that if the military commanders were un-willing, the Commander and Chief would call on the UN who would send in foreign, UN "Peace Keepers", that would be more than happy to fire on Americans.
The thing you have to remember about our military is the oath is to support and defend the constitution and not the government. I know it's a fine line but there is a difference.

Our military, especially the Marines, pride itself on being able to defend America. If our military refused to squash the uprising it would because they feel they are defending America. Thus our Commander and Chief can call the UN but I'm pretty certain UN Peace Keepers would not reach our shores.
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 1, 2011
Two Party Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing you have to remember about our military is the oath is to support and defend the constitution and not the government. I know it's a fine line but there is a difference.
Our military, especially the Marines, pride itself on being able to defend America. If our military refused to squash the uprising it would because they feel they are defending America. Thus our Commander and Chief can call the UN but I'm pretty certain UN Peace Keepers would not reach our shores.
I believe you are probably correct, at least I hope so, should it ever come to that.
Obama Must Send Military

Walnut Grove, CA

#14 Mar 1, 2011
Iraqi Vet wrote:
Leave them alone, they'll work it out.
Look at the ****** mess we made in Iraq and its still ****** up.
Come on dude! How the hell can we deal with gasoline at $8 dollars a damn gallon here??
Getflushed

Torrance, CA

#15 Mar 1, 2011
Latest reports have the "democracy" rebels actually lynching people they erroneously identify as Gadhafi supporters because of their skin color. The Egyptian protesters are seen with hundreds of thousand calling for a war on Israel in maniacal Arabic chants. Yep, fer shurrrr... The American Leftist press, media and political monsters driving these insane "democracy" rebellions have a lot about which to brag.
Getflushed

Torrance, CA

#16 Mar 1, 2011
Scumsucking American gamlers playing the commodities market have driven the fuel price increases. Just another example of American Leftists (like Hillary Clinton) profiting from widespread lies and murder in the Muslim world. American Leftists have driven the insanity in the ME streets to profit the American Communist Party and Obama's political war chest.
Obama Must Send Military

Walnut Grove, CA

#17 Mar 1, 2011
Getflushed wrote:
Latest reports have the "democracy" rebels actually lynching people they erroneously identify as Gadhafi supporters because of their skin color. The Egyptian protesters are seen with hundreds of thousand calling for a war on Israel in maniacal Arabic chants. Yep, fer shurrrr... The American Leftist press, media and political monsters driving these insane "democracy" rebellions have a lot about which to brag.
Hey, all of those fanatical Middle Eastern morons are insane, what else is new? The important thing is that Obama must now send in our military to seize those oil wells! If Gadhaffi blows them up, or Libya gets taken over by extremist religious mental cases, we will be paying a fortune for oil and gasoline here in the US!!!
Bringmedinner

United States

#18 Mar 1, 2011
Obama Must Send Military wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, all of those fanatical Middle Eastern morons are insane, what else is new? The important thing is that Obama must now send in our military to seize those oil wells! If Gadhaffi blows them up, or Libya gets taken over by extremist religious mental cases, we will be paying a fortune for oil and gasoline here in the US!!!
Gadhafi is no Sadaam Hussein. Obama is... A slick Stalinist capable of any perfidy including mesmerizing Americans with manufactured rebellions his Leftist media has driven with lies.

Obama and his Leftist media support have fomented what will bite them in the rear. Jackass American elected these creeps and deserve everything they're getting and will get.

The only way for America to survive is for it to be completely shut down, then rise from its ashes.
Obama Must Send Military

Walnut Grove, CA

#19 Mar 1, 2011
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Gadhafi is no Sadaam Hussein. Obama is... A slick Stalinist capable of any perfidy including mesmerizing Americans with manufactured rebellions his Leftist media has driven with lies.
Obama and his Leftist media support have fomented what will bite them in the rear. Jackass American elected these creeps and deserve everything they're getting and will get.
The only way for America to survive is for it to be completely shut down, then rise from its ashes.
I don't know what Obama's story is, but the important thing is that he must send the US military into Libya ASAP!!!
Bringmedinner

United States

#20 Mar 1, 2011
Obama Must Send Military wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what Obama's story is, but the important thing is that he must send the US military into Libya ASAP!!!
If they were to go in on Gadhafi's side, it would help, but supporting a false democracy routine inevitably falling into the hands of radical Muslims (who Gadhafi has opposed) would be much worse for world trade. Clinton again validating NATO's existence for another gain for Islam is a troubling reality in the current developments.

“Leading the Revolution”

Since: Oct 09

Washington, DC

#21 Mar 1, 2011
Obama Must Send Military wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what Obama's story is, but the important thing is that he must send the US military into Libya ASAP!!!
we do not have the resources to send a large military presence to Libya, my advise to you is to consider alternate modes of travel. We dont have the money to save ourselves, now you want to send more money overseas to Libya? Who are they going to support there? Too many logistical problems with your suggestion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Treasury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New U.S. sanctions concession to Iran may be in... Apr '16 Sammy 2
News Senate Bill Would Block IRS from Collecting Soc... Dec '15 private guy 1
News US deficit now lowest since 2007 (Oct '15) Oct '15 private guy 74
News Debt ceiling deadline is now November 5 (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elite slavery mat... 17
News No checks, please: IRS no longer takes checks f... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Larry Craig s WC ... 3
News Which woman should be on $10 US bill? Treasury ... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Agents of Corruption 101
News Alexander Hamilton's descendant rankled at $10 ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Nobody can be Happy 3
More from around the web