White House: U.S. will recoup GM funds

White House: U.S. will recoup GM funds

There are 13 comments on the www.detnews.com story from Nov 5, 2010, titled White House: U.S. will recoup GM funds. In it, www.detnews.com reports that:

The White House said today it still believes the Treasury Department will recoup the money the Obama administration invested in General Motors Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.detnews.com.

All Ready

Washington, DC

#1 Nov 5, 2010
WoW! They will sell off anything at this point to get the govt. Out of their opperation. Sounds like they didn't need it in the first place. Lied to again!

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#3 Nov 5, 2010
I wonder when we're going to recoup the funds invested in Wall Street in 2008. It will probably take a while since those crooks are still paying themselves outrageous salaries and bonuses (with OUR money).

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#4 Nov 5, 2010
tidy catz wrote:
I wonder when we're going to recoup the funds invested in Wall Street in 2008. It will probably take a while since those crooks are still paying themselves outrageous salaries and bonuses (with OUR money).
Sad but true. It is a modified give-away.
crayz ox3thongee

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Nov 5, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad but true. It is a modified give-away.
General Powel or McCrytal?:-000h, Ford is Gov. engine for steamuluc package? hey Dr. Bill_mr! U should bee da engineeer better than eddie the :)
crayz ox3thongee

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Nov 5, 2010
tidy catz wrote:
what money do you dream about?:) cnn.com/money ? and where is my honey?:-00000000

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#7 Nov 5, 2010
crayz ox3thongee wrote:
<quoted text>
General Powel or McCrytal?:-000h, Ford is Gov. engine for steamuluc package? hey Dr. Bill_mr! U should bee da engineeer better than eddie the :)
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Nov 5, 2010
If they pay it back what is Obama going to do with the money, what do you bet they will spend it on some other program.
Justin

Richmond, VA

#9 Nov 5, 2010
Great, but will the Fed now sell their share of GM stock and pay off the $50,000 Million debt they borrowed for the GM bailout?

Of course not. The Republicans and Democrats are playing a $1,000,000 Million shell game.

Try to imagine a credit card with a $1,000,000 line. That must be some fancy ass card. Now try to imagine 1,000,000 of these credit cards stacked somewhere in the basement of the White House. That's how much money the Fed borrowed for these bailouts. It makes no difference how much they recover from Wall Street, AIG, and GM; they won't pay these debts off; mark my word, they'll just go on another spending spree.

The United Status of America is a credit risk.

Are you listening, China?
You're a total fool if you continue lending the US more money. Cut off our line of credit now or face the consequences when we go bankrupt.

Do you think the Tea Party cares about America's credit rating with Asia and Europe?

Think about it.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#10 Nov 5, 2010
crayz ox3thongee wrote:
<quoted text>
what money do you dream about?:) cnn.com/money ? and where is my honey?:-00000000
HERE>>>
short trus micro bus

Claremore, OK

#11 Nov 5, 2010
Buick is a vertuial gold mine
Berry S

United States

#12 Nov 5, 2010
Yea, and I got a bridge to sell too!
Ken

Homosassa, FL

#13 Nov 5, 2010
Gee, didn't GM have an ad campaign saying they already paid that money back????

Here you go ....
mark harmon

Lynn Haven, FL

#14 Nov 5, 2010
Ken wrote:
Gee, didn't GM have an ad campaign saying they already paid that money back????
Here you go ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hhoejIGrvlQXX
When the CEO of GM lies on national TV, just think what he'll do behind your back! Makes you want to purchase GM stock! NOT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Treasury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Feds advise workaround on asset fo... Jan 18 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Dakota Access protest policing costs exceed $22M Jan 13 BHM5267 14
News US deficit now lowest since 2007 (Oct '15) Dec '16 Self Deportation 75
News US payment of $1.7 billion to Iran made entirel... Sep '16 Disclaimer 55
News Maxine Waters Won't Be Charged With Ethics Viol... (Sep '12) Sep '16 Slade surfer Thom... 15
News Obama's own administration now fighting back (Jun '16) Jun '16 THINKEROO 2
News New U.S. sanctions concession to Iran may be in... (Mar '16) Apr '16 Sammy 2
More from around the web