U.S. Government Posts April Budget Surplus of $59.1 Billion on Tax Income

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.bloomberg.com

The U.S. government posted a budget surplus in April, the first in more than three years, as tax revenue climbed and spending dropped.

Receipts topped outlays by $59.1 billion compared with a deficit of $40.4 billion in April 2011, the Treasury Department said today. Economists projected a $35 billion surplus, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey. It was the first surplus since September 2008 and the biggest since April 2008.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

4

Before you Obama koolaid drinking liberals get all giddy let me give you some facts.

Does April 15th have any significance? We always get a bump in April from people paying their taxes. Look at the US treasury stats, April has been a surplus month in 44 of the past 58 fiscal years.

And as for the size of the size of the surplus look at the size of the numbers.

59,100,000,000 <---The surplus
1,300,000,000,000 <-Obama overspending 2013 Budget
3,800,000,000,000 <-Obama's proposed 2013 Budget
2,500,000,000,000 <-Projected federal revenue

Does not look so big now does it and it is not really a surplus anyway it is only one month, soon as you add in the other months their deficits make it go away.

Ok, you can go back now to reading about whose hair Romney pulled 50 years ago or what Kim whatshername is doing.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Robert wrote:
Before you Obama koolaid drinking liberals get all giddy let me give you some facts.
Does April 15th have any significance? We always get a bump in April from people paying their taxes. Look at the US treasury stats, April has been a surplus month in 44 of the past 58 fiscal years.
And as for the size of the size of the surplus look at the size of the numbers.
59,100,000,000 <---The surplus
1,300,000,000,000 <-Obama overspending 2013 Budget
3,800,000,000,000 <-Obama's proposed 2013 Budget
2,500,000,000,000 <-Projected federal revenue
Does not look so big now does it and it is not really a surplus anyway it is only one month, soon as you add in the other months their deficits make it go away.
Ok, you can go back now to reading about whose hair Romney pulled 50 years ago or what Kim whatshername is doing.
Remember, your "Kool-aid" reference is from a fundamental Church, so watch it.

Obama "overspent" nothing.

He is continuing to bring RECOVERY from the Great Bush Recession. The monety you lament was lost by those who voted for Bush-Cheney.

And, the news, if you had bothered to read the article, is that this is the 1st monthly surplus since 2008, and therefore remarkable.

Last April,2011, we ran a deficit of $4 BILLION.
Learn to read, before you spout poop out your mouth.

Obama = Recovery.

GOP = Trickle-down DEPRESSION.
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Everyone has to remember that 'Mr Bill' has slanted and biased articles.
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, your "Kool-aid" reference is from a fundamental Church, so watch it.
Obama "overspent" nothing.
He is continuing to bring RECOVERY from the Great Bush Recession. The monety you lament was lost by those who voted for Bush-Cheney.
And, the news, if you had bothered to read the article, is that this is the 1st monthly surplus since 2008, and therefore remarkable.
Last April,2011, we ran a deficit of $4 BILLION.
Learn to read, before you spout poop out your mouth.
Obama = Recovery.
GOP = Trickle-down DEPRESSION.
Obama has never had a deficit under a trillion dollars, when he finishes his 4th budget year he will average 1.2 trillion a year. So don't tell me about bush spending. Obama is going to break this country.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

get rid of the DEA and we would have a budget surplus every year.
Scott Walker

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Gravediggers wrote:
Everyone has to remember that 'Mr Bill' has slanted and biased articles.
I can only imagine the amount of Ripple it takes to stop the shrieking in your head...
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

anneutral wrote:
get rid of the DEA and we would have a budget surplus every year.
That is a good start but it is going to take more than that.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The National Debt To Day is....$15 TRILLION DOLLARS!

This LUNATIC and his LOONS are GOD DAMMING AMERICA into OBLIVION!...and They want to spend MORE!!

$15 TRILLION DOLLARS in HOCK!!

ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

CHECK SIX wrote:
The National Debt To Day is....$15 TRILLION DOLLARS!
This LUNATIC and his LOONS are GOD DAMMING AMERICA into OBLIVION!...and They want to spend MORE!!
$15 TRILLION DOLLARS in HOCK!!
ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!
Obama is a Marxist and he does not care about running our capitalist system into the ground.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

That's because of the Republican congress, NOT the president. All he did was ruin everything. The sky IS falling.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Besides the election is NOT about the economy. It's about SOCIAL ISSUES!!!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The yearly interest payment on the debt is about $250 billion a year. Get that - 250 BILLION a year of tax payer money going just to pay the interest on the debt, and that is with the Federal Reserve holding the interest rate at 1 percent. If it goes up to just 3 percent, we will be spending 500 BILLION (with a B) on interest on the debt every year. How long does anyone think a country can do that?? One year?? Two years? We are going to default on the debt, just like Ron Paul said. And, he was saying this about the debt back in 2007 when Bush was running up 5 trillion dollars of debt. Once you do that to a country, the country can't ever pay it back. We're the same as Greece now.

And imagine half the country drawing out Social Security and Medicare. That 500 billion billion a year could have gone to pay for SS and Medicare. Those programs are going to go under from having 60 million people on them now and another 80 million baby boomers going onto them while we spend hundreds of billions just on interest on the debt. There's no way to do this stuff for more than a year or two. Ron Paul was right. He said a year ago that we are going to default on the debt. I heard Ben Stein say it recently too. Once you do that, you can't borrow money anymore, so then we can only pay out what we take in, in taxes. At that point, most welfare programs will end, Medicare will have to be privatized and made into vouchers, social security will have to be means tested, we will have to shut down some of our 900 military bases and start taking down part of our military empire. Most all of the money is spent on welfare, SS, Medicare and on the military. This is where about 90 percent of the money is going, so those things will have to be cut big time. People don't realize the U.S. is going to collapse same as the European countries are. Once they get into big debt they can't pay it back. Then they try to cut everything and that shrinks the GDP so then they don't have the tax money to pay the debt, eventually they default. Then, the international bankers own those countries. They are no longer soverign, they are owned by banks. Iceland, Greece, next Spain, then France, then the U.S. They say at the end of all of this only China and Germany will be left standing and Germany will only end up not going under if they break up the European Union so that Germany can cut itself off from the debts in the other European countries. Oh and Switzerland cause it's not in the EU.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gravediggers wrote:
Everyone has to remember that 'Mr Bill' has slanted and biased articles.
I agree. This is really bad news.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pamela wrote:
The yearly interest payment on the debt is about $250 billion a year. Get that - 250 BILLION a year of tax payer money going just to pay the interest on the debt, and that is with the Federal Reserve holding the interest rate at 1 percent. If it goes up to just 3 percent, we will be spending 500 BILLION (with a B) on interest on the debt every year. How long does anyone think a country can do that?? One year?? Two years? We are going to default on the debt, just like Ron Paul said. And, he was saying this about the debt back in 2007 when Bush was running up 5 trillion dollars of debt. Once you do that to a country, the country can't ever pay it back. We're the same as Greece now.
And imagine half the country drawing out Social Security and Medicare. That 500 billion billion a year could have gone to pay for SS and Medicare. Those programs are going to go under from having 60 million people on them now and another 80 million baby boomers going onto them while we spend hundreds of billions just on interest on the debt. There's no way to do this stuff for more than a year or two. Ron Paul was right. He said a year ago that we are going to default on the debt. I heard Ben Stein say it recently too. Once you do that, you can't borrow money anymore, so then we can only pay out what we take in, in taxes. At that point, most welfare programs will end, Medicare will have to be privatized and made into vouchers, social security will have to be means tested, we will have to shut down some of our 900 military bases and start taking down part of our military empire. Most all of the money is spent on welfare, SS, Medicare and on the military. This is where about 90 percent of the money is going, so those things will have to be cut big time. People don't realize the U.S. is going to collapse same as the European countries are. Once they get into big debt they can't pay it back. Then they try to cut everything and that shrinks the GDP so then they don't have the tax money to pay the debt, eventually they default. Then, the international bankers own those countries. They are no longer soverign, they are owned by banks. Iceland, Greece, next Spain, then France, then the U.S. They say at the end of all of this only China and Germany will be left standing and Germany will only end up not going under if they break up the European Union so that Germany can cut itself off from the debts in the other European countries. Oh and Switzerland cause it's not in the EU.
I agree. THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD NEWS!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Dems would just run up 2 trillion more of debt. You don't ever see Paul Krugman talking about the hundreds of billions per year we are paying out in interest in the debt. He keeps saying to run up more debt, to have a 3 times larger stimulus. Not one word about the fact that there's no way to pay this back.

The Dems' idea is just borrow money, it's so great, it's so cool. It's idiotic. This is like the family who brings in 18K a year and can't make a go of it, so instead of cutting spending or working more, they go and run up $20K in credit card debt. Now they have 18K coming in and a lot of it going to pay credit cards, so now they are worse off than they were. So what do they do? File for bankruptcy and get rid of the debt and start over. This is what we are doing.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Pamela wrote:
The Dems would just run up 2 trillion more of debt. You don't ever see Paul Krugman talking about the hundreds of billions per year we are paying out in interest in the debt. He keeps saying to run up more debt, to have a 3 times larger stimulus. Not one word about the fact that there's no way to pay this back.
The Dems' idea is just borrow money, it's so great, it's so cool. It's idiotic. This is like the family who brings in 18K a year and can't make a go of it, so instead of cutting spending or working more, they go and run up $20K in credit card debt. Now they have 18K coming in and a lot of it going to pay credit cards, so now they are worse off than they were. So what do they do? File for bankruptcy and get rid of the debt and start over. This is what we are doing.
Oh no,Pammy is starting with her 500 word rants again today.Pam please give all of us a break for at least one day from your stupid mile long rants,pretty please.Just asking.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no,Pammy is starting with her 500 word rants again today.Pam please give all of us a break for at least one day from your stupid mile long rants,pretty please.Just asking.
Stop following me around abusing me you stupid Azz hole. I am posting facts and figures and all you post is abusing me. You're some two bit idiot who is so theatened by intelligent women that all you can think about is "wow, a smart woman, bash her, hurt her, harm her." Get the Fk away from me. Smart people want nothing to do with idiot men abusing. Get lost. I post facts and help educate people. All you post is abuse of women because you are stupid you feel so threatened. You idiot men think you are doing some big thing to bash smart people. Take your violent idiotic crap elsewhere.

It's bad enough no one reads one thing, no one can think, no one knows one thing. I am stuck educating 90 point IQ morons and then the Fking morons can only abuse. NO one is staying in a collapsed country of idiots. You're third world crap. What would you do if you could not go around from behind a computer and bash and bash smart women? You have no right to be allowed to be anywhere near me let alone to be abusing me. You're some idiotic, low IQ, fat, ugly pile of sh!t that stuffs your face and gets drunk and takes drugs to stand to say alive that can laugh it up cause you can go into chatboards and abuse women. Big deal. Big Fking deal. Stupid abusing hillbilly, no class, no brain loser from hell. Get lost.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm never coming in here ever again. I am sick to death of having to talk to people with IQs 40 points lower than mine, ALL MEN who are dumb as Fk who can't ever have any normal conversation because they are so stupid, who abuse women. This is pathetic loser crap. This is why the U.S. is collapsing. It's 300 million obese 90 point IQ idiots who can ONLY abuse other people. The ONLY responsibility I have is to remove myself from this country. I don't owe lazy dumb people one thing, nothing. I owe it to myself to get away from these low, low, low IQ violent losers. This is way less than zero. Americans are so stupid no one can even help them, and it's not even safe to try and help them. You get anywhere near American men all you get is violent idiots harming you, and they can't have any conversation and they can't even be civil. This is a total loser. The country is over. Look at the dumb ass garbage posting all over the internet. It's all 90 point IQs repeating Fox TV and then they imagine that somehow the country is not going to collapse. It's a stupid sick joke. All they have left is to abuse women. That's ALL they have.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pamela wrote:
I'm never coming in here ever again. I am sick to death of having to talk to people with IQs 40 points lower than mine, ALL MEN who are dumb as Fk who can't ever have any normal conversation because they are so stupid, who abuse women. This is pathetic loser crap. This is why the U.S. is collapsing. It's 300 million obese 90 point IQ idiots who can ONLY abuse other people. The ONLY responsibility I have is to remove myself from this country. I don't owe lazy dumb people one thing, nothing. I owe it to myself to get away from these low, low, low IQ violent losers. This is way less than zero. Americans are so stupid no one can even help them, and it's not even safe to try and help them. You get anywhere near American men all you get is violent idiots harming you, and they can't have any conversation and they can't even be civil. This is a total loser. The country is over. Look at the dumb ass garbage posting all over the internet. It's all 90 point IQs repeating Fox TV and then they imagine that somehow the country is not going to collapse. It's a stupid sick joke. All they have left is to abuse women. That's ALL they have.
Do Not Let The Door Hit You In Yer FAT ASS on the way out!....Enjoy yer CONNIPTION SWEETY.....You just show ,Women are truly the Weaker Sex......."WHERE DOES IT HURT BABY?".....LOL!!!

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tax Cheat Tim Geithner continues to lie to the American people when there is no budget whatsoever during more than 3 years which is typical to Mozlem Brother Dictatorships like Sudan and Zimbabwe. Geithner is borrowing more than two trillion dollars from China every year is pushing America rapidly over the cliff but the American people seem to be bunch of ignorant fools that go like blind sheep herd after Obama and his forty Maoist czars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••