M&T Bank repays more than $700M in TA...

M&T Bank repays more than $700M in TARP funds

There are 5 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 20, 2011, titled M&T Bank repays more than $700M in TARP funds. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

M&T Bank repaid more than $700 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program money to taxpayers, the Treasury Department announced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Isnt the world ending

Greencastle, PA

#1 May 21, 2011
lucky i funded that for them
Local

Chambersburg, PA

#2 May 22, 2011
Wouldn't it be nice if the government funded our personal debts like this when we screw up. Note: the executives of all of these banks who took on lousy housing loans still have their jobs. Isn't the government wonderful?
bob

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#3 May 22, 2011
sounds like a mismanaged business which our lovely government decided too not to close down likw they have others, i guess someone have a piece of this pie. noe fannie mae and citi need more, when does this stop. major bonuses are still being paid,which was furnished by the government. in my next life time i want to be a politician.
zippy17927

Chambersburg, PA

#4 May 22, 2011
So that's why they charge 3 bucks in fees to use their ATM if your account is in another bank. I guess they were saving up my money to pay me back my money. Shame on me for not knowing I wasn't getting screwed while getting so screwed.
Noo

Middletown, PA

#5 May 22, 2011
shame on you for not knowing that other finacial institutions also charge for this. And by the way I dont think it is them that charge you. It is a foreign charge by your bank for using it. Perhaps you should have an M & T account so you can use it at the Rutters or Sheetz at no cost!
zippy17927 wrote:
So that's why they charge 3 bucks in fees to use their ATM if your account is in another bank. I guess they were saving up my money to pay me back my money. Shame on me for not knowing I wasn't getting **** while getting so ****.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Treasury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Debt ceiling deadline is now November 5 (Oct '15) Mar '17 Monsantos Mexico 18
News APNewsBreak: Feds say Justice coal cos. owe $4.... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Le Jimbo 1
News APNewsBreak: Feds advise workaround on asset fo... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Dakota Access protest policing costs exceed $22M (Jan '17) Jan '17 BHM5267 14
News US deficit now lowest since 2007 (Oct '15) Dec '16 Self Deportation 75
News US payment of $1.7 billion to Iran made entirel... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Disclaimer 55
News Maxine Waters Won't Be Charged With Ethics Viol... (Sep '12) Sep '16 Slade surfer Thom... 15
More from around the web