Tea party plans to abandon some of th...

Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars

There are 137 comments on the Detroit News story from Aug 5, 2013, titled Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars. In it, Detroit News reports that:

In this June 19, 2013, file photo, Tea Party activists rallying in front of the U.S. Capitol in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#1 Aug 5, 2013
This is more of a case of the candidates abandoning the tea-Party. Tea-baggers are nothing more than a racist group with no ideas that lost steam and then completely lost their minds. They bet against Black and lost BADLY, LOL!
The best thing that could have happened for President Obama was the emergence of the tea-bagging Party. He knew it then thatís why he always laughed at them in 2010. But he knows that they are a non-factor now that will get all the blame for their hissy fits of trying to hurt the economy.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 5, 2013
The challenge here, would be to name even one that could be considered a 'star'. painlin and corndog girl have type-cast baggers as quitters.
THIS is a BAD NEWS for US

Berlin, Germany

#4 Aug 5, 2013
Check This : http://adf.ly/TMInO
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#5 Aug 5, 2013
I'm not saying the tea party doesn't have some good ideas, but when they continue to split the Republican party, all they are really doing is keeping the Democrats in Power. And with them in power we are seeing decreased rights, increased government control of our very lives. Scary? You bet.
Your Ex

United States

#6 Aug 5, 2013
The bible-thumping Astro-turf movement rates barely higher than Congress in the eyes of sane Americans.
'14-'16 elections can't come soon enough.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#7 Aug 5, 2013
Kelly wrote:
I'm not saying the tea party doesn't have some good ideas, but when they continue to split the Republican party, all they are really doing is keeping the Democrats in Power. And with them in power we are seeing decreased rights, increased government control of our very lives. Scary? You bet.
The fake bagger bowel movement doesn't have enough following to be a legitimate party. If they did, they would be a 3rd party. Their rolodex front people have had a history of serious mental and public deficiencies.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#8 Aug 5, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
The bible-thumping Astro-turf movement rates barely higher than Congress in the eyes of sane Americans.
'14-'16 elections can't come soon enough.
Ron Paul said it best during one of the debates, he refereed to the republican contenders other than himself and said if you pick one of them it does not matter, including Obama. He said that because on matters that really mattered none of the other contenders or Obama had a plan to make a difference so it did not matter which one you pick.

The reason the tea party people split the republican party is as a group they realize that the math for the future budget problems won't work, leaving the only difference between the democrats and traditional republicans the date we run off the cliff. So what is the point in compromising to just kick the inevitable down the road a little further.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Aug 5, 2013
I do remember the coverage of tea party protesters. One had a sign saying, "Keep your government hands off my medicare and Social Security."

That about sums up the tea party mentality.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#10 Aug 5, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
I do remember the coverage of tea party protesters. One had a sign saying, "Keep your government hands off my medicare and Social Security."
I am sure you were watching cnn coverage. The tea party is about taxes, not abortion, not school prayer, not fox news, taxes. It is all about the money and those people with the signs do have a need to worry if they are young enough, we flat don't have the money for medicare and social security for our baby boomer generation and we are stupid people for not knowing that. We can fix social security but I don't know what we are going to do about medicare.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#11 Aug 5, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you were watching cnn coverage. The tea party is about taxes, not abortion, not school prayer, not fox news, taxes. It is all about the money and those people with the signs do have a need to worry if they are young enough, we flat don't have the money for medicare and social security for our baby boomer generation and we are stupid people for not knowing that. We can fix social security but I don't know what we are going to do about medicare.
Simple. Single payer system. Every one deserves health care. Take the profit out of peoples misery. CEO's of health insurance companies should not be making millions on the backs of sick people and the tax payers. The government runs the military. They can certainly run health care.

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-paye...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#12 Aug 5, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
You would understand it better if you knew most want Medicare privatized and more under state control and inovation.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/19/9684... #

The "keep your hands off" is in relation to Obamacare taking 600 billion dollars from Medicare to help pay for Obamacare. Simple privatizing would eliminate most of the problems.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#13 Aug 5, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Simple. Single payer system. Every one deserves health care. Take the profit out of peoples misery. CEO's of health insurance companies should not be making millions on the backs of sick people and the tax payers. The government runs the military. They can certainly run health care.
http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-paye...
The military has an honor code and essentially runs itself with a separate judicial system. Governments can't run hospitals as evidenced by veterans hospitals. As soon as government gets involved, so does fraud, nepotism, politics, waste, and incompetency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/us/whistle-...
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#14 Aug 5, 2013
Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars. Good we need some tea party democrats too.

The only thing the tea party needs do is be true to its beginnings and shed the people who co opt it.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#15 Aug 5, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
Sums them up to a 't'. They were flawed from their inception.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Aug 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You would understand it better if you knew most want Medicare privatized and more under state control and inovation.
The "keep your hands off" is in relation to Obamacare taking 600 billion dollars from Medicare to help pay for Obamacare. Simple privatizing would eliminate most of the problems.
Oh, I see. Most want all the money they paid into social security just handed over to some rich guy, so he can have all the money. What a great idea. Just give everything we own, and everything we can borrow to some rich guy.

Simple privatizing would make some rich guy even richer, and put everyone else in dire poverty. Yea, I suppose most people would prefer dire poverty. That is why they vote for republicans.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#17 Aug 5, 2013
The TeaParty abandoned humanity years ago.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#18 Aug 5, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. Most want all the money they paid into social security just handed over to some rich guy, so he can have all the money. What a great idea. Just give everything we own, and everything we can borrow to some rich guy.
Simple privatizing would make some rich guy even richer, and put everyone else in dire poverty. Yea, I suppose most people would prefer dire poverty. That is why they vote for republicans.
Rich guys are getting rich off of government plans. This may be a shock, but the government doesn't practice medicine. They contract rich guys at any price in return for campaign donations and favorable legislation. It's not privatization when the government takes part in the game.

Countries in Europe, maybe not France, are moving toward privatization. Government gets involved with covering the poor.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#19 Aug 5, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
The TeaParty abandoned humanity years ago.
Big powerful central power isn't humanity, it's force.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#20 Aug 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, set an example. All you teabaggers opt out of Medicare [we'll give you special dispensation] Take your money and invest it with Jeffrey Skilling and Bernie Madoff. And Obama never took anything out of the recipients benefits. You are just as ignorant as the rest of your troglodyte tribe of reactionary retards.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#23 Aug 5, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>OK, set an example. All you teabaggers opt out of Medicare [we'll give you special dispensation] Take your money and invest it with Jeffrey Skilling and Bernie Madoff. And Obama never took anything out of the recipients benefits. You are just as ignorant as the rest of your troglodyte tribe of reactionary retards.
How is privatizing Medicare in any way opting out? Do you just make things up as you go or don't you just simply understand anything? It's the government that opts out.

What does investments have to do with anything?

You're right, Obamcare didn't take anything from the present recipients. It's the future ones, like yourself, that will deal with less. Now, get to work and pay for my healthcare. Be sure to keep AARP happy with the supplementary plans when you need Medicare yourself. That's why they support it, afterall.

Doctors here aren't accepting new Medicare and Medicaid patients now as it is. If they accept you under Medicare, you have to sign a document making you responsible for the bill if the government low balls them or doesn't pay them at all. Hospital readmissions is another Medicare problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tea Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz, the perfect candidate for the coming ... Sat Dannette 13
News Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-election i... (Sep '12) Jan 30 Ritual Habitual 911
News Bristol Palin: Breaking abstinence pledge again... (Jun '15) Jan 29 Catholic values 7
News Samuel L. Jackson echoes Morgan Freeman, says T... (Oct '11) Jan 28 Ethanol Trump 44
News Ted Cruz's Terrible Tuesday Jan 19 Ritual Habitual 1
News an Extra Push Gop candidates pitch for Tea Part... Jan 18 Truthfull 28
New Tea Party Book (Dec '13) Jan 13 rlibby 2
More from around the web