'Tea Party' members offer a ground-le...

'Tea Party' members offer a ground-level view

There are 50 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Aug 13, 2010, titled 'Tea Party' members offer a ground-level view. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

A year ago, the political hurricane known as the "Tea Party" erupted in made-for-YouTube confrontations at congressional town hall meetings on the pending health care overhaul.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

#44 Aug 18, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'm going to only address one point per post as I don't have time to to much time to address them all at once...
Let's start with The "auto insurance" analogy.
If I don't want to pay auto isurance, I can simply not own a vehicle. I do not have to drive to be in good standing and be within the limits of the law. If I choose to not add the expense of a vehicle to my life, I am free to make that decision. I actually lived without a car and biked it everywhere in Florida for almost jive years and stayed in pretty good shape while doing it too...
The reason this matters is that, I can not choose to not live or and be within the limits of the law once the H.C. bill goes into affect. The government wants to force me to purchase health insurance, and that is not right. I should have the right to choose without penalty if I want insurance or not. If I want to walk into my dr and give him $100.00 and hae him diagnose me without having to check to see what's covered by my insurance or what's not than I feel I may get a more honest and better diagnosis. I personally would rather pay for my own way with my own cash as I always have. If you choose to get insurnace and want to have your health dictated by your provider, feel free, but I don't want that. For the government to pass legislation that forces me to purchase or be penalized if I don't purchase a product (health insurance) that I don't want or believe in is just plain wrong. I will tackle the min. wage issue in a little bit, but my arguement will probly surprise you as I agree with you for the most part.
the argument of paying my own dr fees out of my pocket would be interesting to delve into if you can show me a dr in private practice who will even agree to see a patient without insurance.family drs these days are refusing patients with medicare,medicaid and workers comp let alone someone promising to pay cash.
WOW

Coffeyville, KS

#45 Aug 18, 2010
jimmy agler wrote:
<quoted text>the argument of paying my own dr fees out of my pocket would be interesting to delve into if you can show me a dr in private practice who will even agree to see a patient without insurance.family drs these days are refusing patients with medicare,medicaid and workers comp let alone someone promising to pay cash.
Ok, and you don't think that problem will become worse once the health care plan actually goes into affect, and 14 million people have a new shiny toy and can now go to the doctor. How hard tdo you think it will be to get seen then?

Doctors make a killing off insurance companies, they don't need the headache of the government. They also have diagnosis that get treated based on what the insurance company deams ok. My Dr. takes cash and I just started using him when I moved here a couple years ago.

We have a great relationship, he treats me and discusses options with me for me and my family and we come to a solution we agree is best with no third party trying to save a buck as a mediator.

“jimmy agler”

grandview hts

#46 Aug 19, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, and you don't think that problem will become worse once the health care plan actually goes into affect, and 14 million people have a new shiny toy and can now go to the doctor. How hard tdo you think it will be to get seen then?
Doctors make a killing off insurance companies, they don't need the headache of the government. They also have diagnosis that get treated based on what the insurance company deams ok. My Dr. takes cash and I just started using him when I moved here a couple years ago.
We have a great relationship, he treats me and discusses options with me for me and my family and we come to a solution we agree is best with no third party trying to save a buck as a mediator.
i give you credit for finding a dr who does so. last year i suffered a minor injury at work ,had a claim number and went through 9 doctors in the yellow pages (plus my own family doctor)before finding one who did.as to your question about the so called "doctor shortage" the right warns us about, there was an article stating that in the next 3 years there will be more medical school graduates than there are currently doctors in this country.(the story was on yahoo posted from the ap).i find it humorous to think that everyone is running round with this "sky is falling"about the number of doctors who are also believers in the free market,anyone ever hear of supply and demand?
Failure Bush

AOL

#47 Aug 20, 2010
Hi lee ejicated Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>Another left wing loon.. Bush did not negate the 4th amendment..has the FBI or local cops broke down your door?
Bush's deficits dim in comparison to the one being racked up by this administration.Do you want some links?
Where are these record increases in the Fedreal government by Bush? Oh that's right..The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.11 billion per day since September 28, 2007! Under a Democrat Senate and Congress..Now under a Democrat Senate, Congress and Administration it is accelerating.
Lied us into a war? You mean using the information that came from the Clinton Administration? I can give you the quotes from both Clintons, Gore, Kerry and many more leading Democrats supporting the invasion of Iraq BEFORE 9-11.. Thay all use those same "lies". Of course that is an inconvenient fact for you.
Spying on private citizens..That's a stretch. Wire taps on overseas calls were authorized..Not your call to your Mommy.
"Why are they now in a bunch over a president who is trying to limit the long term damage the Bush criminals started?" You mean by Quadrupling the national debt? Increasing the deficit? Attempting to nationalize the auto industry, natioanalize the banking system?
How many attacks did we have under Bush after 9-11? None. How many under Obama? You count them.
This President and his party hacks are gonna have us so deep in debt we may never recover.
If the TEA Partys were not a force to be reckoned with, they (the Democrats/Leftwing) would not be talking about them or trying to paint them with a "Black" brush..
How many attacks did we have under Bush after 9/11? The biggest attack in USA history! Bush had a memo telling him terrorist were going to use planes to attack the USA and tossed it in the trash! He was too busy letting others do his job. When they did strike, he sat there in that classroom with a brick in his shorts, clueless!!
Back at you

United States

#48 Aug 20, 2010
Failure Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
How many attacks did we have under Bush after 9/11? The biggest attack in USA history! Bush had a memo telling him terrorist were going to use planes to attack the USA and tossed it in the trash! He was too busy letting others do his job. When they did strike, he sat there in that classroom with a brick in his shorts, clueless!!
There was no attempt to build a mosque at ground zero while GW was President, cause they knew better. Instead they waited until the week man-child Odumbo was elected.

By the way, where the hell is Biden, did they shove him in a hole until the November elections are over?

and they call Palin stupid? Biden is not allowed outside unless accompanied by an adult, and never after the street lights come on.

“Better listen the first time”

Since: Aug 09

jest an ol' hillbilly

#49 Aug 20, 2010
Failure Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmph!.. I suppose you also subscribe to the Bush blew up th levee in New Orleans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4700899/

http://www.911myths.com/html/august_6_memo.ht...

Maybe you should listen to somebody besides your dope smoking buddies,,Maybe even actually read something besides conspiracy stories.

As to "he sat there in that classroom with a brick in his shorts, clueless". What would you suggest? When he somebody whispered in his ear, that he jump up, race to the nearest commad post and start issuing military commands...What would it have done? He was informed, all we could do at that point was respond. Then he as soon as the cameras were on hiom and he spoke he spoke of the attack..He did not give a "shout out" to a supporter.

Your claim that "he sat there in that classroom with a brick in his shorts, clueless", has just as much as weight as someone claiming Obama could have stopped the attack at Ft Hood.

“jimmy agler”

grandview hts

#50 Aug 20, 2010
Back at you wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no attempt to build a mosque at ground zero while GW was President, cause they knew better. Instead they waited until the week man-child Odumbo was elected.
By the way, where the hell is Biden, did they shove him in **** until the November elections are over?
and they call Palin stupid? Biden is not allowed outside unless accompanied by an adult, and never after the street lights come on.
so you favor the first ammendment and free market capitalism as long as it is only used by people you like? i don't think it is appropriate for a mosque to be built there but they have the money and the zoning so who are any of us to dispute their freedom of religion right to do so? those right are for ALL americans,not just the ones who agree with you.
p.s. i really don't think anyone defending the bush administration should comment on a missing vice-president. cheney spent the last 7 years in an "undisclosed location" ,coming out only to make campaign stops or to tell schoolchildren that terrorists would get their parents if they voted for kerry.
Tea Party is Dead

Coffeyville, KS

#51 Nov 5, 2012
Failure Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
with a brick in his shorts. lol
Tea Party is Dead

Coffeyville, KS

#52 Nov 5, 2012
willy wrote:
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Republicans negated the 4th amendment of the Constitution?
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family was racking up record deficits?
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family made record increases in the size of the Federal Government?
Where were they when the Bush crime family lied us into war with Iraq and spent trillions on it?
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family instituted domestic spying on private citizens?
Why are they now in a bunch over a president who is trying to limit the long term damage the Bush criminals started?
Ouch, so true.
xxxx

Coffeyville, KS

#53 Nov 5, 2012
Wow, you smoking something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tea Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bristol Palin: Breaking abstinence pledge again... (Jun '15) Jul 26 Keynes 12
News Samuel L. Jackson echoes Morgan Freeman, says T... (Oct '11) Jul 25 Divorce Lawyer 48
News Oklahoma Tea Party Candidate Endorses Stoning Gays (Jun '14) Jul 24 Pigeon Forge Demo... 111
News An Immigrant's Perspective (Apr '14) Jun '16 Know it all 6
News Our Coming Mega-Drought (Oct '10) Jun '16 Earthling-1 85
News Bachmann flip-flops on remark hurricane was sig... (Sep '11) Jun '16 Big Bad John Roberts 2
News Are Donald Trump supporters gullible? May '16 Three Psyche 1
More from around the web